Courteousy of ~ Soukyuu. I didn't want to take up space in Rein's thread so I figured I would make a new thread.

"-- You announced the abolishment of anima, but how will this affect the airships/ferries/mount systems?

The reason for this will be told in the main story, so basically, you will be able to use ferries and airships when you want to travel. Teleport will serve as a "fast travelling" method. For example, if you arrive in Gridania and your friends tell you "there is a FATE in Ul'dah!" and you realize you have no anima left, that'd be quite disheartening. For that reason, I think it's fine to be able to leap around the world freely.

As for ferries and airships, I'm thinking of attaching them to some content. For example an event where the airship gets attacked by sky pirates, something like that should be interesting I think. For the ferry, something like a kraken or another sea monster attacking could be implemented. That way, there should be some reason to use a ferry or an airship. What's left are mounts, which should have some use as well. I think mounts can be counted as a way to add atmosphere to the world and as a means to explore it once, and beign able to switch to fast travel after that. As a next step, I'm thinking of incorporating ferries and airships into battle content. --"

What are your thoughts on this? I really like the idea behind not having to rely on micro managing my Anima all the time. I hardly ever let myself drop below 80 in the original game. However I sort of feel like there should be some sort of cooldown. Perhaps even 10-15 minutes. There could be some potential RMT problems with unlimited no recharge Anima (Though it isn't stated at all if there is or isn't a recharge period).

The idea for having ferrys/airships as battleground content is pretty cool as well.