Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80

Family Matters

I just thought of something that, as far as I know, hasn't been in an MMO. If we can marry each other in 2.0, why not start a family? There could be an option for the lady to become pregnant. This won't have any gameplay detriments, like, she can still fight and stuff and it won't harm the baby. She'll have a buff saying she's pregnant and maybe some bloom effect like she's "glowing". When the buff runs out, next time she goes home, there is a cutscene with a WHM midwife or something and you see the baby being born (with creative censoring methods lol). They baby would have the genes of the parents, so the kid looks like it came from the 2 players involved.

If both the players leave the game for an extended period, the kid goes up for adoption (despawns from the game).

Stuff you need to do before you start a family:
    -- Own a home
    -- Be married
    -- Have a nursery (Unsure of how houses work, but speculative for now)
    -- Same race (Dunno lore wise if different races/species can get each other pregnant, that's for Ferne to answer. IE, can Roes get Miqo's pregnant? can Hyurs and Lalas get pregnant?)

- Woman gets "Pregnant" effect. Has no bearing on gameplay, more of a countdown than anything. Starts counting down from like, 48 hours, and continues to countdown when logged. When countdown reaches 0, head to the house to deliver.
    -- Maybe get a buff that lasts another 48 hours caled "Motherhood/Fatherhood".

Perks:
    You get a cool little NPC at home.
    They will sometimes give you a present when you come home (buff, food, item etc. Gives you another reason to visit your house)
    You can order them around (tell them to go to bed, or do some chores)
    Play games with them
    Maybe be a living storage container that holds more stuff for you and your spouse.

Obviously, this is something for waaaaaaay down the road, like 2nd expansion or later, just something to think about and discuss.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke View Post
    I just thought of something that, as far as I know, hasn't been in an MMO. If we can marry each other in 2.0, why not start a family? There could be an option for the lady to become pregnant. This won't have any gameplay detriments, like, she can still fight and stuff and it won't harm the baby. She'll have a buff saying she's pregnant and maybe some bloom effect like she's "glowing". When the buff runs out, next time she goes home, there is a cutscene with a WHM midwife or something and you see the baby being born (with creative censoring methods lol). They baby would have the genes of the parents, so the kid looks like it came from the 2 players involved.

If both the players leave the game for an extended period, the kid goes up for adoption (despawns from the game).

Stuff you need to do before you start a family:
    -- Own a home
    -- Be married
    -- Have a nursery (Unsure of how houses work, but speculative for now)
    -- Same race (Dunno lore wise if different races/species can get each other pregnant, that's for Ferne to answer. IE, can Roes get Miqo's pregnant? can Hyurs and Lalas get pregnant?)

- Woman gets "Pregnant" effect. Has no bearing on gameplay, more of a countdown than anything. Starts counting down from like, 48 hours, and continues to countdown when logged. When countdown reaches 0, head to the house to deliver.
    -- Maybe get a buff that lasts another 48 hours caled "Motherhood/Fatherhood".

Perks:
    You get a cool little NPC at home.
    They will sometimes give you a present when you come home (buff, food, item etc. Gives you another reason to visit your house)
    You can order them around (tell them to go to bed, or do some chores)
    Play games with them
    Maybe be a living storage container that holds more stuff for you and your spouse.

Obviously, this is something for waaaaaaay down the road, like 2nd expansion or later, just something to think about and discuss.
    sounds a lot like Fable minus the living storage i don't see why not...
    (0)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I think you can do a lot of this with a chocobo, perhaps create special cutscenes when raising a chocobo with your bonded partner..

Its not that I dont think such a definite rpg element couldn't or shouldn't exist in a game (certainly RP to the max) but that I doubt SE would have the guts to do it XD... Not sure about the rest of the world but I cant imagine American parents down with their 13 year old making children ;P - maybe thats just my imagination
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    but that I doubt SE would have the guts to do it XD... Not sure about the rest of the world but I cant imagine American parents down with their 13 year old making children ;P - maybe thats just my imagination
    This
    please dont turn this into a Sim

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I think you can do a lot of this with a chocobo, perhaps create special cutscenes when raising a chocobo with your bonded partner..

Its not that I dont think such a definite rpg element couldn't or shouldn't exist in a game (certainly RP to the max) but that I doubt SE would have the guts to do it XD... Not sure about the rest of the world but I cant imagine American parents down with their 13 year old making children ;P - maybe thats just my imagination
    add player age rules to the mix so under age players can't do it, SE has it where the a persons DoB is put on the account and they can use that as a point switch for it
    (0)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    No one is forcing you to get married and have kids. If you don't wanna do it, that's your choice, but at least have it as an option because there are probably quite a few people out there that would welcome it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgo View Post
    add player age rules to the mix so under age players can't do it, SE has it where the a persons DoB is put on the account and they can use that as a point switch for it
    Whenever a company asks for my age unless I need to verify my credit card or something I just lazily scroll to the bottom. Did that since ever- I think I'm normally born in 1901. :P
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Whenever a company asks for my age unless I need to verify my credit card or something I just lazily scroll to the bottom. Did that since ever- I think I'm normally born in 1901. :P
    lol i didn't say it would work my friend XD
    (1)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucke View Post
    We wanted to hear the pitterpatter of little feet!!!

So we made sure we ran around a lot.... >.>
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    We wanted to hear the pitterpatter of little feet!!!

So we made sure we ran around a lot.... >.>
    yes!! wait what? O.o oh its a lala joke >.> lol jk XD
    (2)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast