Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    No, we will get unlimited teleporting.

Maybe it will be confined to between aetherytes or just to main cities... we don't know yet.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AdorraEloom View Post
    I don't remember exactly what was stated in the whole post when he said they will abolish anima, but is there anyway he means abolish it completely as in no porting at all>?
    "For example, if you arrive in Gridania and your friends tell you "there is a FATE in Ul'dah!" and you realize you have no anima left, that'd be quite disheartening. For that reason, I think it's fine to be able to leap around the world freely."

Quoted from OP.

It definitely appears warping around the world is no problem. Perhaps if they created some friend summoning or something they could solve this without making the whole world fast travel. But then we dont know if this new system is perhaps limited from the city (cant fast travel in the wilderness or something).

All we know is he said "fast traveling freely" - perhaps slightly mistranslated or he himself used loose words (or didnt include enough words.. :P). But as it stands it stands pretty scary. Hopefully he will talk more about this or we just wait till beta and cross our fingers.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shougun; 12-29-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by AdorraEloom View Post
    I don't remember exactly what was stated in the whole post when he said they will abolish anima, but is there anyway he means abolish it completely as in no porting at all>?
    He said he hated situations which there was FATE (which I never heard used before) in one area and someone couldn't go due to lack of anima... so the chance of him taking out teleport is almost 0...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ruethryl Corana
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Even in 1.0 teleports didn't get you everywhere, so there would still be a need for mounts.. as to the ferries and airships.. honestly only used the airship running low on anima.. Ferry I think I used all of once to go from Limsa to Ul'dah since I started @ Limsa.

It'll be up to individual people whether they choose to port everywhere or to take the time and run once and a while.. imagine people that are gathering and fishing will get to see the world even if the port everywhere crowd doesn't.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruethryl View Post
    Even in 1.0 teleports didn't get you everywhere, so there would still be a need for mounts.. as to the ferries and airships.. honestly only used the airship running low on anima.. Ferry I think I used all of once to go from Limsa to Ul'dah since I started @ Limsa.

It'll be up to individual people whether they choose to port everywhere or to take the time and run once and a while.. imagine people that are gathering and fishing will get to see the world even if the port everywhere crowd doesn't.
    Well since, by the looks on the alpha videos, gathering looks more fun, SE might get people to explore the world with the appeal of gathering...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ruethryl Corana
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
    Well since, by the looks on the alpha videos, gathering looks more fun, SE might get people to explore the world with the appeal of gathering...
    Well even in 1.0 I tended to see the gathering types running all over the place while I was grinding out regular Battle leves.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    I do feel that there should be some sort of teleportation, But not Anima. The Anima system, made Airships and Ferries obsolete, because all people would do is Tele Tele Tele!

Having a Spell Teleportation, or NPC Teleportation pay by gil ( the further you go the more expensive it gets)

EX: You= Gridania
    Tele= Bentbranch ---> 500g
    Tele= Limsa----> 5,000g

Make it so you can teleport but make you think before you teleport, and gives a person a reason to use the other Methods of transportation.
    (5)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player

I'm not sad about Anima removal because, as Yoshi-P said, there are many situations where you have to move to the other side of Eorzea to take part in an event, so you have to be as fast as possible. And I'm also convinced it doesn't steal anything to the excitement of exploring, because the new Eorzea is so beautiful that everyone will be pushed to travel through it.
    But what I'd like to see is a little bit more difficult to reach or get the ability to teleport somewhere.

It's quite easy getting a teleport by just touching it, for some Crystals (Such as the ones in Mor Dhona, a treacherous and perilous place hard to reach) it would be great having quests, NMs, missions to complete to get them. (I'm not talking obviously of Bentbranch or Tranquill, but something like Brittlebark, Revenant's Toll, Crooked Fork, ...)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruethryl View Post
    Well even in 1.0 I tended to see the gathering types running all over the place while I was grinding out regular Battle leves.
    lol true... I actually tried gathering recently and its a lot more complicated than what was shown on the alpha video. I'm glad for the upgrade since it looks much more enjoyable... I hope they have a slightly different system for fishing since it doesn't match it so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Enma View Post
    I'm not sad about Anima removal because, as Yoshi-P said, there are many situations where you have to move to the other side of Eorzea to take part in an event, so you have to be as fast as possible. And I'm also convinced it doesn't steal anything to the excitement of exploring, because the new Eorzea is so beautiful that everyone will be pushed to travel through it.
    But what I'd like to see is a little bit more difficult to reach or get the ability to teleport somewhere.

It's quite easy getting a teleport by just touching it, for some Crystals (Such as the ones in Mor Dhona, a treacherous and perilous place hard to reach) it would be great having quests, NMs, missions to complete to get them. (I'm not talking obviously of Bentbranch or Tranquill, but something like Brittlebark, Revenant's Toll, Crooked Fork, ...)
    Thats why I said we should keep it same as it is now and keep one area (possibly the central most area) free for those low on anima...
    (0)
    Last edited by Kirito; 12-29-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ruethryl Corana
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Paying for teleports.. ugh.. I remember going from UO where you could mark any coordinate and teleport back (solo) or open a gate to that coordinate for others to pass through.. then going to XI.. was quite painful.

Even with my multiple rune books I still liked to hop on my mount and run around though.

As long as it is balanced I'll be happy enough.. an hour to get to camp for instance.. (No Thanks!)
    (0)

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast