Player
    Character
    Yuka Gama
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Zezlar View Post
    Courteousy of ~ Soukyuu. I didn't want to take up space in Rein's thread so I figured I would make a new thread.

"-- You announced the abolishment of anima, but how will this affect the airships/ferries/mount systems?

The reason for this will be told in the main story, so basically, you will be able to use ferries and airships when you want to travel. Teleport will serve as a "fast travelling" method. For example, if you arrive in Gridania and your friends tell you "there is a FATE in Ul'dah!" and you realize you have no anima left, that'd be quite disheartening. For that reason, I think it's fine to be able to leap around the world freely.

As for ferries and airships, I'm thinking of attaching them to some content. For example an event where the airship gets attacked by sky pirates, something like that should be interesting I think. For the ferry, something like a kraken or another sea monster attacking could be implemented. That way, there should be some reason to use a ferry or an airship. What's left are mounts, which should have some use as well. I think mounts can be counted as a way to add atmosphere to the world and as a means to explore it once, and beign able to switch to fast travel after that. As a next step, I'm thinking of incorporating ferries and airships into battle content. --"

What are your thoughts on this? I really like the idea behind not having to rely on micro managing my Anima all the time. I hardly ever let myself drop below 80 in the original game. However I sort of feel like there should be some sort of cooldown. Perhaps even 10-15 minutes. There could be some potential RMT problems with unlimited no recharge Anima (Though it isn't stated at all if there is or isn't a recharge period).

The idea for having ferrys/airships as battleground content is pretty cool as well.
    since from what i seen from @ and seem's is going the XI way, might as well get rid of it and give some teleport spells to whm ^_^
    (1)
    FFXI 2002-2011 SMN BLU SCH BLM NIN
    FFXIV 2010 - 2012 Ver1.0 Blm Drg whm
    FFXIV alpha beta drg blm
    FFXIV beta 2 Drg
    FFXIV beta 3 and 4 Drg SMN blm

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    This thread again?
    Again? seems new to me...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    This thread again?
    We have more information, its not the same thread. So.. nope its not the same, you must have been inflicted with blind.

here take this, blindna

Quote Originally Posted by Yukagama View Post
    since from what i seen from @ and seem's is going the XI way, might as well get rid of it and give some teleport spells to whm ^_^
    Very select teleport spells could work with a lot of support from natural transportations. Though I think the teleport spells shouldn't be class specific - could interestingly introduce class specific -unlocks- that once unlocked you can use on whatever class. That could be fun, specially if every class got something like that. (class or job).

For example dragoon could get a special jump talent you could lock into any class that literally increases your jump abilities (height distance speed). Passive/active globabl class slots available from particular class unlocks.

One of the things I find funny is that in WoW you had a large world with transportation like flight network that took time, as well as only mage teleports / hearth stone. Its funny because when I think about it, I think they made me take in the world (explore, size, and lack of hub) more then 1.0 FFXIV, and then 2.0 is going to be even less then 1.0.. XD

Only brought funnier because 2.0 enviroments are so amazing compared to 1.0 and while I wouldn't call all of WoW's zones ugly (because I admit some are pretty cool) Gridania in 2.0 is >>>>> WoW's zones lol

----

Also think about the airships (children.. ). Making your own airship, or boat if teleporting is WAY better, point? (possible future content - Yoshida mentioned, also there are some old 1.0 alpha videos of making boats) And yes you can say to make your boat to get to the island the first time, but after that... boat useless.

Quite a let down that would be. Also I want to see chocobo colors mean something like in past FF (flying, sea, shore, mountain, ect ect).
    (4)
    Last edited by Shougun; 12-29-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    We have more information, its not the same thread. So.. nope its not the same, you must have been inflicted with blind.

here take this, blindna

Very select teleport spells could work with a lot of support from natural transportations. Though I think the teleport spells shouldn't be class specific - could interestingly introduce class specific -unlocks- that once unlocked you can use on whatever class. That could be fun, specially if every class got something like that. (class or job).

For example dragoon could get a special jump talent you could lock into any class that literally increases your jump abilities (height distance speed). Passive/active globabl class slots available from particular class unlocks.

One of the things I find funny is that in WoW you had a large world with transportation like flight network that took time, as well as only mage teleports / hearth stone. I think its funny because when I think about it I think they made me take in the world (explore, size, and lack of hub) more then 1.0 FFXIV, and then 2.0 is going to be even less then 1.0.. XD

Only brought funnier because 2.0 enviroments are so amazing compared to 1.0 and while I would all of WoW's zones ugly (because I admit some are pretty cool) Gridania in 2.0 is >>>>> WoW's zones lol
    I kind of like the idea... it is reminiscent of roll, slide, high jump
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lady Purrsalot
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    I'm more interested in what he meant by:
    "you arrive in Gridania and your friends tell you "there is a FATE in Ul'dah!" "
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    "you arrive in Gridania and your friends tell you "there is a FATE in Ul'dah!" "
    Probably the name of a new NM that may invade cities...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lorev Ildgar
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Campaign! The beastmen holds all strongholds and have now invaded Bastok [S]! REPEL THE INVADERS!

(Flashbacks of fighting Rockchopper and him killing everyone with Breakga)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post
    FATE is Full Active Time Event.

Its a battle event where everyone can join and get rewards
    (3)
    Last edited by Zantetsuken; 12-29-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Adorra Eloom
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    I don't remember exactly what was stated in the whole post when he said they will abolish anima, but is there anyway he means abolish it completely as in no porting at all>?
    (0)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast