Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennika View Post
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's dead. Unlike FFXIV, FFXI servers are still up. As a matter of fact the 5th expansion comes out on Mar 26th.
    I'm saying in a sense it dead there no point of bring it back if they rebuild the game it going to end up like a ffxiv-clone what the point of doing all the work to port it to the new engine and having the same old maps,battle system,job system lol there no point of having two good MMO out in the market looking 100% the same. FFXI would still be up and would look like that if you want to keep playing it there you go but FFXIV is there new baby and that what most of them money going to go to that all i'm saying.

If people want a new FFXI that what FFXIV is for the idea of FFXIV came by becuase everyone want ffxi to be port over to ps3. By doing so it would be making a new game so they ended up making FFXIV. So in that sense if FFXI players get bored they have FFXIV or they can play both MMO. If SE is smart they bring that discount back up when ffxiv ARR is release so people would play both mmo for a low cost.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 12-29-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    they have there own data center no need.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fragile Stampede
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    for every 1 person that wants a new mmo that is more like ffxi there might be 3-5saying no thanks but the reality i think is these people are still the ones that will quit playing the mmo first. they are probably the ones that said yeah i will log into ffxiv after no saves just to play for fun and didn't too.

what mmo companies should do, add polls at the login/launch screen for there mmo's with questionnaires. they might have a better idea of what actual players want. add then to the cancel monthly, add then once in while to see where they at with the people who stayed and are around still. stuff like that. they probably go by large sums of people in the area but i don't think they are seeing it right. they used to say people are enjoying coliseums, lol i don't think anyone ever enjoyed it. it was just new and died out in a month. maybe they don't really want to know the truth in the heads of there players though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by strallaalaa View Post
    for every 1 person that wants a new mmo that is more like ffxi there might be 3-5saying no thanks but the reality i think is these people are still the ones that will quit playing the mmo first. they are probably the ones that said yeah i will log into ffxiv after no saves just to play for fun and didn't too.

what mmo companies should do, add polls at the login/launch screen for there mmo's with questionnaires. they might have a better idea of what actual players want. add then to the cancel monthly, add then once in while to see where they at with the people who stayed and are around still. stuff like that. they probably go by large sums of people in the area but i don't think they are seeing it right. they used to say people are enjoying coliseums, lol i don't think anyone ever enjoyed it. it was just new and died out in a month. maybe they don't really want to know the truth in the heads of there players though.
    Game development is not, has never been, and should never be a democratic process. Gamers are not game developers, and they are affected by severe tunnel vision and they normally have no idea on what's good for a game. They should not have power over game development decisions beyond very superficial ones.
    (2)
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    Fragile Stampede
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    Game development is not, has never been, and should never be a democratic process. Gamers are not game developers, and they are affected by severe tunnel vision and they normally have no idea on what's good for a game. They should not have power over game development decisions beyond very superficial ones.
    right lol, then you agree that most don't' realize they could really want another ffxi type of mmo. or old school mmo since hey that is about the only thing they haven't tried to create so far the past 10years or so.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by strallaalaa View Post
    right lol, then you agree that most don't' realize they could really want another ffxi type of mmo. or old school mmo since hey that is about the only thing they haven't tried to create so far the past 10years or so.
    Because the standards have changed now. The old style MMO's are too slow paced for today's generation, and the goal is to keep people playing, not get them bored easily.

FFXI worked for its time, but it was made 10 years ago, when the standards were much different. I admit, I still have trouble getting used to the faster paced style of today's generation of games, but these people have researched the market and done their homework and know what they're doing (for the most part >.>).

I seriously /facepalmed when I first read this thread too SE doesn't need Kickstarter..and I'm not saying that cause I like to kiss SE ass. SE is a major company that funds its own projects...games, films, manga, etc. Some have brought up the polling feature, but again, SE is more than capable of doing this within their own business. I mean...the player polls for XIV speak for themselves.

I say leave Kickstarter for the games/projects that have potential that REALLY need it.
    (2)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Celeste Firesped
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    first off, Aion and Lineage were developed and paid for in the Korean market, that is why they were free. At the point they came out to the rest of the world it was just paying for translation of said games.

In my opinion, SE is going to use the engine to make a FFXI-based game anyway, even if it doesn't see light of day. I think the original engine for FFXI has many problems and I'm not talking about the ones on our end. The development tool for that game must be really bad cause it always took SE a long time to do updates and then we go so very little content. I believe that developer tools for new content is something SE invested a lot into in FFXIV.

As far as Kickstarters go, nope. They need to deliver a game first, which they will. then they can make the expansion. A Kickstarter won't make it come out faster, which I think is the real goal of your thread. And the factor that they have to disclose everything they are putting into expansion.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5