Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by strallaalaa View Post
    they should have done this from the start though and it would of kinda made sense though. like call of duty now they sell you right at start an option for all map packs. in a way to launch the game with an expansions worth of content i'd pay for it ahead of time no problem.

lets be real ffxi had so much to do only cause it started with an expansion. start all mmo's with an expansion too. and let us prepay/donate from kickstarter like options..sure. but with that it means we are paying like 120bucks? or so for a box set for the game right away. so we better know exactly what kind of mmo it will be and what is in store for us inside it prior to purchase. just like kickstarter does. it explains everything and you chose to donate. i would happily pay 120 for a game i know will keep me busy for over a year. heck yeah.
    lol..dude...duuuuuude!... Not a single numbered FF game is the same as the one before ..that's how they been rolling for 25 years..try to be a little more understanding
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fragile Stampede
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    lol..dude...duuuuuude!... Not a single numbered FF game is the same as the one before ..that's how they been rolling for 25 years..try to be a little more understanding
    huh? not sure what your saying. you probably miss understood what i was saying in that thread cause what you reply didn't make sense to me.

i was only saying that mmo's should sell there game plus add a option to pay for the first expansion ahead of time so that they can create both at launch and know they have our money for it all. if they say ok we need 50mils to do this and start something like kickstarter where you pay for the game fully aka. donate 120bucks and it's also preorder. i'm all for it.

but this was just a secondary thought to my main thought and that is that ffxiv doesn't need a kickstarter. a ffxi-2 game would need kickstarter most likely and i'd donate a grand to see that happen. lol.

and oh i know how they been rolling out i played ff1 when i was probably 7 when it first came out on nintendo.
    (0)
    Last edited by strallaalaa; 12-28-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    no, they should start one for a ffxi-2. use same engine as ffxiv but new story from ffxi and ffxiv ...but basically all content and game will be based around ffxi. large scale 64man events, gear swapping, grinding to level slowly. everything ffxi had but made way way better since it's a new game. and way way more of it. make me level a class and take a year to max again. yes yes yes. i will pay you SE, i will donate and pay for this. thanks.
    I hope you joking FFXI is dead i played it for 6years it time for that game to RIP that why we have FFXIV is there new MMO. It's the same way if Blizzard new mmo is 10x better then wow then wow would be no longer.
    (2)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    they should have done this from the start though and it would of kinda made sense though. like call of duty now they sell you right at start an option for all map packs. in a way to launch the game with an expansions worth of content i'd pay for it ahead of time no problem.

lets be real ffxi had so much to do only cause it started with an expansion. start all mmo's with an expansion too. and let us prepay/donate from kickstarter like options..sure. but with that it means we are paying like 120bucks? or so for a box set for the game right away. so we better know exactly what kind of mmo it will be and what is in store for us inside it prior to purchase. just like kickstarter does. it explains everything and you chose to donate. i would happily pay 120 for a game i know will keep me busy for over a year. heck yeah.
    And 4years of that was boring lol FFXI did not get good to like COP was release. Yes it came out with a expansion pack only in NA but in JP it was boring and was super bug just like 1.0 release.
    (2)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Fragile Stampede
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    I hope you joking FFXI is dead i played it for 6years it time for that game to RIP that why we have FFXIV is there new MMO. It's the same way if Blizzard new mmo is 10x better then wow then wow would be no longer.
    wrong that is what the point of kickstarter is, old school games that wouldn't of been made otherwise are being made threw donations. people who want to see things that wouldn't be created, be created. instead of getting money from busness people they are getting the money from us and they then can make games we want to see rather games only made for the biggest amount of money.

ffxi is dead but they can still make games like it if they saw there was a profit to be made, and kick starter is an easy way of testing the waters and seeing how many people truly want to have another mmo like that.

So that's 73.986 backers and a sum total of $3,986,929, almost 4 times their original goal of $1.1M. that is for a game that obsidian company put on kickstarter. it's not a mmo but it still is being made because of this. don't get me wrong i don't think SE would do this but that is because they are always behind in everything. companies big or small that take advantage of kickstarter could possible create a gold mine of a mmo and have way less risk trying. cause most main stream ones aren't doing that great anyway.

besides all that why make the ffxiv engine and only create one game with it, go ahead and try and make another with it. isn't the hard parts building it at first? then it gets easier no?
    (2)
    Last edited by strallaalaa; 12-28-2012 at 05:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Star Ocean online in PSO style would be nice ^^
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    wrong that is what the point of kickstarter is, old school games that wouldn't of been made otherwise are being made threw donations. people who want to see things that wouldn't be created, be created. instead of getting money from busness people they are getting the money from us and they then can make games we want to see rather games only made for the biggest amount of money.

ffxi is dead but they can still make games like it if they saw there was a profit to be made, and kick starter is an easy way of testing the waters and seeing how many people truly want to have another mmo like that.

So that's 73.986 backers and a sum total of $3,986,929, almost 4 times their original goal of $1.1M. that is for a game that obsidian company put on kickstarter. it's not a mmo but it still is being made because of this. don't get me wrong i don't think SE would do this but that is because they are always behind in everything. companies big or small that take advantage of kickstarter could possible create a gold mine of a mmo and have way less risk trying. cause most main stream ones aren't doing that great anyway.

besides all that why make the ffxiv engine and only create one game with it, go ahead and try and make another with it. isn't the hard parts building it at first? then it gets easier no?
    I understand where you going and there still a lot of ffxi players but the point of them wasting so much money and time with ffxiv is because ffxi runs its course. Even if you made it a new game with the ffxiv engine and new look it pretty much be FFXI with better looks. To make it worth there time they need to blow up FFXI and remake everything and send it at least 20+years from FFXI time line with new leaders and new storyline.

What the point of all that work if FFXIV is the replacement for FFXI and don't say because FFXIV is like a wow-clone. Becuase to make FFXI worth all that trouble they have to rebuild battle system,level system,job system which would end up being FFXIV 2.0 anyways see my point? it would just become FFXIV at the end lol.

FFXIV have the same race from FFXI have about the same background story for them same feel too it so you can pretty much say FFXIV is FFXI 2.0. If you rebuild ffxi from the ground up and rebuild everything it would just end up like a ffxiv clone what the point having two of the same game. I think it's a waste of time even if they get all the money for it the cost to run the game just for players to go what the point having two of the same games set in two different type of world with same race seem pretty dumb.

that just my take on it sorry if that your dream of a ffxi 2.0 lol ffxiv is pretty much just that.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    SE is a publicly traded company.

How would it look to shareholders if SE starts begging for kickstarter donations?

If you want to send SE some money (and have a say in the company as well ) , go buy some shares of Square Enix Holdings Co. Ltd. (SQNXF)

As of this post, it's selling for $12.78/share. (down from a yearly high of $21.00)
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rosalynne Hawethorne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's dead. Unlike FFXIV, FFXI servers are still up. As a matter of fact the 5th expansion comes out on Mar 26th.
    (3)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Why would a multimilllion dollar company need to use kickstarter to fund content?

Aren't we already going to be funding it with our subscription fees?

I'm sorry, this is just the stupidest thread i've seen in a while. Not intending to offend, but just because their NA office shed a few jobs doesn't mean SE Japan is broke.
    (3)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast