Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Luca Abbot
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80

Letter from the Producer, XL (12/27/2012)

Link

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Greetings to all of you out there eagerly awaiting FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Yoshi-P here, back with my fortieth letter.

First of all, I’d like to thank everyone for sticking by us throughout 2012. We couldn’t have made it this far without your unflagging support.

2012 will be remembered as the year the Seventh Umbral Era storyline drew to a close, and the curtains came down on the original version of the game. But every end marks a new beginning, and 2013 will see Eorzea begin a new chapter with the arrival of the Seventh Astral Era. As we’ve been doing so far, we will keep pouring our hearts and minds into the game and see it safely to rebirth.

Now, I’m sorry for keeping you waiting, but the Beta Test Roadmap has finally been released. Even as I pen this letter, we’re making revisions and adjustments to the game based on the feedback we received from our alpha testers.

You may have noticed that the new schedule deviates somewhat from our original plan. This is because we—the development team and myself alike—hold ourselves to certain standards. It is our desire to deliver quality and quantity that surpasses all expectations, and we won’t spare any effort as we move closer towards release. Please keep bearing with us in the coming year.

I can’t say this often enough, but the support of our fans the world over has been instrumental in the progress we’ve made in 2012. Next year, I will be flying around the world with A Realm Reborn, and very much look forward to being reunited with everyone again.

And that’s all from me for this letter. See you next time, on the forums, or in the Beta Test!
    (8)
    Last edited by Bowen; 12-27-2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Fixed quote and title
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Thal's Balls! These forums are hot enough to melt an ice goddess.

Player
    Character
    Max Wind
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 55
    Yoshida is cool as always! Can't wait till ARR
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    So, basically no info in this letter ? . . . . or even a "Happy Holidays" ?
    (3)
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuinn View Post
    So, basically no info in this letter ? . . . . or even a "Happy Holidays" ?
    there is no xmast in japan. Most probably another holiday letter is coming after new year
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by yukikaze_yanagi View Post
    there is no xmast in japan. Most probably another holiday letter is coming after new year
    That's why I said Happy Holidays to keep it unspecific, plus the Starlight Celebration was held in Eorzea to wish us all a merry unspecific winter holiday

I'm just bit bummed this letter is so "empty"
    (2)
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by yukikaze_yanagi View Post
    we do celebrate Xmas in Japan (kinda, more like dating day )
    but most people work this week so no need to tell people to enjoy holiday that they don't have
    (3)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Shortest umbral era ever. 5 years or less. Didn't the 6th umbral last an era from the giant flood?

Until this point, I was under the impression the 7th umbral was born the moment the egg cracked (dalamud), and would remain after ARR launch.
    (5)
    Last edited by Duuude007; 12-27-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Yuki Ynagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysterior View Post
    we do celebrate Xmas in Japan (kinda, more like dating day )
    but most people work this week so no need to tell people to enjoy holiday that they don't have
    Yeah i know, but isn't a state holiday, but something like valentine's day part 2° '-' (or 3°, if you count white day)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Guevara San
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 50
    Greetings to all of you out there eagerly awaiting FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Yoshi-P here, back with my fortieth letter.

First of all, I’d like to thank everyone for sticking by us throughout 2012. We couldn’t have made it this far without your unflagging support.

...ok thanks gone. now on to the news...

2012 will be remembered as the year the Seventh Umbral Era storyline drew to a close, and the curtains came down on the original version of the game. But every end marks a new beginning, and 2013 will see Eorzea begin a new chapter with the arrival of the Seventh Astral Era. As we’ve been doing so far, we will keep pouring our hearts and minds into the game and see it safely to rebirth.
    ooookkk. We all know what has happened and what will happen next; now on with the news =)

Now, I’m sorry for keeping you waiting, but the Beta Test Roadmap has finally been released. Even as I pen this letter, we’re making revisions and adjustments to the game based on the feedback we received from our alpha testers.
    ...sure sure.... take your time take your time.

Well, now he will surely give us some news...

You may have noticed that the new schedule deviates somewhat from our original plan. This is because we—the development team and myself alike—hold ourselves to certain standards. It is our desire to deliver quality and quantity that surpasses all expectations, and we won’t spare any effort as we move closer towards release. Please keep bearing with us in the coming year.
    Yes, OK, take your time I said. Pls on to the news now.

I can’t say this often enough, but the support of our fans the world over has been instrumental in the progress we’ve made in 2012. Next year, I will be flying around the world with A Realm Reborn, and very much look forward to being reunited with everyone again.
    No problem, Yoshi. It's been a pleasure. You're welcome. Now news pls.

And that’s all from me for this letter. See you next time, on the forums, or in the Beta Test!
    WTF....
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Guevara View Post
    ...ok thanks gone. now on to the news...

ooookkk. We all know what has happened and what will happen next; now on with the news =)

...sure sure.... take your time take your time.

Well, now he will surely give us some news...

Yes, OK, take your time I said. Pls on to the news now.

No problem, Yoshi. It's been a pleasure. You're welcome. Now news pls.

WTF....
    I'll treat it as sarcasm.. :|
    (4)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast