Greetings to all of you out there eagerly awaiting FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Yoshi-P here, back with my fortieth letter.

First of all, I’d like to thank everyone for sticking by us throughout 2012. We couldn’t have made it this far without your unflagging support.

2012 will be remembered as the year the Seventh Umbral Era storyline drew to a close, and the curtains came down on the original version of the game. But every end marks a new beginning, and 2013 will see Eorzea begin a new chapter with the arrival of the Seventh Astral Era. As we’ve been doing so far, we will keep pouring our hearts and minds into the game and see it safely to rebirth.

Now, I’m sorry for keeping you waiting, but the Beta Test Roadmap has finally been released. Even as I pen this letter, we’re making revisions and adjustments to the game based on the feedback we received from our alpha testers.

You may have noticed that the new schedule deviates somewhat from our original plan. This is because we—the development team and myself alike—hold ourselves to certain standards. It is our desire to deliver quality and quantity that surpasses all expectations, and we won’t spare any effort as we move closer towards release. Please keep bearing with us in the coming year.

I can’t say this often enough, but the support of our fans the world over has been instrumental in the progress we’ve made in 2012. Next year, I will be flying around the world with A Realm Reborn, and very much look forward to being reunited with everyone again.

And that’s all from me for this letter. See you next time, on the forums, or in the Beta Test!