Player
    Character
    Nuinn Nomi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Unless of course, the people find BLM only tactics again then that's quite unlikely to happen!
    Talking strictly for myself, compared to 1.0 I found the DoW in ARR a lot more enjoyable to play. I don't care how others chose to play. Could still find people to party in 1.0 in "normal" parties as well as BLM stacked ones. . . .
    (1)
    Proud member of the Abyss FC — Excalibur

If you need a place to chat about all sorts of ridiculous, dorky and nonsensical topics, feel free to join the Absolutely Fabulous LS
    Send a /tell and bring your happy pills~!

Player
    Character
    India Paleale
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirion View Post
    I was kinda hoping we would get videos before that.
    You want to get videos of the test before it starts? Through like time-travel or what?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by AzuraSin View Post
    You want to get videos of the test before it starts? Through like time-travel or what?
    I was looking through the NDA and nowhere does it mention about going into the future and bringing back videos of future content breaking the agreement. So it's definitely possible.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My favourite part of the Dungeon would be the "fanservice" Mindflayer
    (4)
    Last edited by Judge_Xero; 12-28-2012 at 03:07 AM.
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, it's often."
    Temp Forum Ban - July 7th 2016 *** I promise to never call out scrub players again due to it causing a toxic community

Player
    Character
    Don Elreed
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I like that kind of dungeon, it would be great having different types like the thousand maws dungeon in 1.0 that you could clear following different paths, getting different bosses according to the path, maybe with a key item being able to open a door to a different path, so they can refresh existing dungeons,etc...

I really hope we can have strategic fights, not like pulling all mobs and get a spam fest
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pwna Graphic
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Not sure if this is breaking NDA since they released the video, but they allowed you to raise your lvl to 15 once you got to 10. If you did that, you didn't really have any armor good enough to go into TT so you could purchase each piece for your class of the AF gear for 1 gil. The whole purpose was just to progress to 20 fast test, and experience the game in its current state. It was amazing, though. They plan on improving it more, and it's already a huge step up from 1.0. But all the QQing in the alpha forums got on my nerves like no other.. Some people want FFXI-2, and some people don't want a "WoW clone".. Sigh..
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vilhem Dijkstra
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnagraphic View Post
    stuffs
    You wouldn't know that information by watching the video..so ya, NDA breach bro. I'd edit that if I were you <.<
    (7)
    Meow

Player
    Character
    Agilo Sur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 23
    Wait so do you need traditional parties (i.e., tank, healer, dps) to complete dungeons or is it like GW2 where you can have a group of whatever to do casual/low-level dungeons?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    We don't know for sure but I would think that since Alpha is just a stress test they had the difficultly dialed down. I would hope you would need a reasonable party set up to complete a dungeon.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by AzuraSin View Post
    Or you know, when they are ready. Beta starts in february, it would be nice if we could get a sneakpeak at it sometime next month.

Why do people here have to be so fucking sarcastic in their replies?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Agilo Sur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelta_Sumasu View Post
    We don't know for sure but I would think that since Alpha is just a stress test they had the difficultly dialed down. I would hope you would need a reasonable party set up to complete a dungeon.
    Yea, good points. Personally, I am too old for strict party build requirements (i.e., 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps) but also like defined job roles and difficulty. If there were more jobs/classes, say 3-4 per role, then I wouldn't mind the traditional party set ups. But I hope I don't stand around waiting for a healer or tank in 2.0. Maybe they can do it by armor type (so heavier armor classes/jobs can tank) albeit not as good as GLA/PLD.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast