Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyohma View Post
    Tying this back into the beginning of this post, do you think it best to voice our thoughts during alpha, or is it best to say nothing until beta and just hope that our concerns are alleviated?
    Considering we have no scope of what class design is going to be like at lv50+ in ARR, I would say suggestions are one thing, and expressing concern for something that's a hold-over is another.

The only thing I might qualify as a concern is the fact that the classes and jobs need tertiary mechanics (procs, reactive abilities, resource refunds) to further flesh out rotations and better fit in fast-paced gameplay. We don't know if we'll get those at later levels with Alpha being capped at lv20. It'd be nonsensical for a character to get everything by lv20, so all we can do is wait and see how they approach it.
    (1)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I guess I am too old school or something. Getting really tired of seeing the white mage doing my job.

Like Ninja did for alot fights with Paladin in FFXI.
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I once did over 11k dps in a Garuda fight...

Being a cure bot bores me to tears.
    (2)

4. 01-23-2013 12:25 AM

Player
    Character
    Ash Emberheart
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 76
    I don't know where to post this. I almost made a new thread about it, but I'm sure one has already been made somewhere - even though I couldn't find it using the search option. So sorry if there's a better thread for this or if I should have put aside fears of being chased off with pitchforks and torches for posting a duplicate thread.

I wanted to ask the Devs, are we going to see more of an emphasis on tactics in ARR? I would like to see ALL MOBS have more potent strengths and weaknesses that made them unique from one another. For example, beasts with "tougher skin" (scales, armor, shells) would take more damage (Noticeable differences that we can't ignore) from weapons/classes with an emphasis on piercing damage (same with elements, blunt weapons, ect., ect.). I could list tons of examples here and leave a wall of text, but I'm sure its easy to imagine all the other possibilities I'm thinking of.

It seemed like in 1.0 there was no reason to gear up differently for the different fights in the game. All those useless types of materia that nobody would ever think about using on endgame gear possibly become relevant if tactics are emphasized more. I would love to have a reason to meld "Fire Swords" or "Flame Resistant Armor".
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vale Aeonslayer
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I freaking love the "Mindflayer" at the very end of the clip. So excited to fight that thing!!!

Or going by it's other names, Sorcerer, Mind Flayer or Mind Flare

(1)
    Last edited by valetarkus; 02-11-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Yeah, the "Mindflayer" was awesome. Please, no hand-holding me SE... usually the fight is more fun when you figure out a trick to it. I hope it's companied by two or three more like in the original Final Fantasy.

If it's just lv.17 it shouldn't be so hard to defeat it but with more, it would be epic and challenging.(what would the treasure be, a crown?) XD
    (1)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player
    Character
    Misa Gasai
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I want that tune that kicks in when the party reaches the Soulflayer.... Too EpIc!! >_<;

HTFU already beta, I wanna play NAO! And yeah before people state the obvious, I know Yoshi has just left Japan to promote the game around the world and blah blah blah - I'm just stating my excitement and impatience.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jdragon Sanchez
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein View Post
    Join our heroes as they take on the Tam-Tara Deepcroft in the eighth and final installment of our Alpha First Look video series. In this instanced dungeon, adventurers will meet with myriad opponents and obstacles to overcome before they may proceed further. The most spectacular spoils are granted only to those who venture into the deepest depths and emerge victorious.

<center><object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fe09gta0WAw?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fe09gta0WAw?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object></center>

* The instanced dungeon in this video is designed for low level players. Targeting and actions are demonstrated with the mouse instead of keyboard for greater clarity.

* The battle system is currently undergoing significant revision, including changes to all damage algorithms and the claim system.
    Having withdraws haha!
    (0)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10