Player
    Character
    Xatsh Vei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zezlar View Post
    Oh hey, there's that generic battle system again. Here's hoping for some significant "revision."
    They will add the limit break system we know that. If you are wanting an action combat system... probably should just give up hope and go somewhere else. Chances of them changing the battle system besides adding the missing elements is very slim.

Knowing the missing elements WE KNOW they are adding and the fact that the game is missing most its classes I see nothing wrong with the combat system atm.

On a positive note I am loving the design. I just hope the difficulty is being rebalanced once tank classes and such are being added. Sorta seems really easy on that sub-boss. For now I will assume it is nerfed with the lack of tanks in the game.
    (19)

Player
    Not for me huh? Clearly from a few posts, you some random guy on the internet has a total grasp on what I like and dislike. You like it, that's fine. There are people who dislike the core of this system based on what has been shown. Hoping for revisions (and there will be) isn't a bad thing. Telling, or advising people to go play something else is a sure way to make this game fall on yet another sword and die.

Also read my above post again. I said "We ALL" will be playing another game IF XIV fails.

Key word: IF.
    lol..let me guess...you want a FFXI-2? this sounds quite familiar...
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Yet another assumption. Boy you sure are good at that. I would love a FFXI-2 actually, but i'm not asking for it anymore as that dream has been dead for a few years. I want something different from the norm, and this generic garbage they have been showing is nothing that hasn't been done before. Final Fantasy in the title isn't going to sell this game to people anymore. Quality will. One thing Final Fantasy XI and XIV (in time) did well was having different and creative battle systems.

Now time for me to make an assumption since that seems to be the game we're playing. Are you a mindless Yes Man willing to lick Square-Enixs boots and defend them to death? There mere thought of someone disliking an aspect of their game sure pisses you off doesn't it?

Get over it. Your subscription isn't worth more then mine, nor is mine yours. I'll be here so get used to seeing me.
    (23)
    Last edited by Zezlar; 12-27-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    I love ffxi i went and play it again few months back and i have to say no thanks. I would love if they use more stuff from FFXI and make it new there noting wrong from using what you have and rebuild it.

lol we all know that blizzard new MMO going to be a better WoW-clone and why should it not if it really 100% diff people would not play it. I'll enjoy ffxiv more if they add more and more from all games not just ffxi and wow and that what they doing which is good
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Alex Niculaie
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Different for the sake of being different doesn't make something "fun" or "good." What specifically do you think should be added to combat that feasibly won't be there? Seriously, do you really think they are going to turn this into an action combat system? We still have multiple jobs/classes, Limit Break system, and combo system to add. What exactly else would actually add to the system? Please say you don't think adding action crap is what is needed.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Phen Deazur
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Yet another assumption. Boy you sure are good at that. I would love a FFXI-2 actually, but i'm not asking for it anymore as that dream has been dead for a few years. I want something different from the norm, and this generic garbage they have been showing is nothing that hasn't been done before. Final Fantasy in the title isn't going to sell this game to people anymore. Quality will. One thing Final Fantasy XI and XIV (in time) did well was having different and creative battle systems.

Now time for me to make an assumption since that seems to be the game we're playing. Are you a mindless Yes Man willing to lick Square-Enixs boots and defend them to death? There mere thought of someone disliking an aspect of their game sure pisses you off doesn't it?

Get over it. Your subscription isn't worth more then mine, nor is mine yours. I'll be here so get used to seeing me.
    That said neither was particularly amazing when fighting level 15 monsters at level 20. You had barely enough skills to warrant more than AA them to death.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Dungeon looks well put together. Can't wait to try it out. I wonder if there will be background music along with the battle theme. I understand it is alpha and may not be in there for now. If so, I wonder if dungeons will get their own theme, or will have one set theme like the old FFXIV.

Also, is a timer really necessary now? Not many other MMO's practice this in instanced dungeons. Some people like to take time to figure things out instead of being bound by a timer. Speed run can be calculated without it and since speed runs don't determine reward anymore, I don't see the need for the timer at all. Again, this may be there for alpha purposes only, but that is simply my take on the timer.
    (12)

Player

So you enjoy playing things you don't like? i'm just using common sense when saying that if you don't like it the solution is quite easy...go play something closer to what you want in your perfect game...because FFXIV:ARR ain't going to be it ...I'm not a "Yes Man" SE just happened to come up with a concept i really really liked...if it was different from this then i would be the one complaining ...all the issues FFXI and 1.0 had are fixed in ARR ..can't ask for more
    (10)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velhart View Post
    Dungeon looks well put together. Can't wait to try it out. I wonder if there will be background music along with the battle theme. I understand it is alpha and may not be in there for now. If so, I wonder if dungeons will get their own theme, or will have one set theme like the old FFXIV.

Also, is a timer really necessary now? Not many other MMO's practice this in instanced dungeons. Some people like to take time to figure things out instead of being bound by a timer. Speed run can be calculated without it and since speed runs don't determine reward anymore, I don't see the need for the timer at all. Again, this may be there for alpha purposes only, but that is simply my take on the timer.
    The timer is for the puzzle only
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Don Elreed
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    awesome ending... i love it
    (6)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast