Quote Originally Posted by Starlord View Post
    At first it's like:

The following players are eligible:

• Legacy Status Holders
    • FFXIV Service Account Holders
    • Applicants selected through the Beta
    Tester Application Site

And then it was like:

- All Legacy status holders qualify as testers in phase 1. ( to me this reads Only Legacy players Qualify in phase 1, and maybe some other people after "All" Legacy members are in)

- All FFXIV service account holders qualify as testers in phase 3. ( To me this reads, All people with a FFXIV Account *Includes actives and inactives* will qualify as Beta Testers ( but not everyone will get in though but alot will)

And notice they put Legacy on top both times, To me It's a stronger indicator that we get Priority over Non-Legacy.

That's just me though :P.
    Please read everything. No matter what you status level is you must apply to be a tester. This begins in January. Only those who apply will be eligible for Phases 1-3. Only those who apply are prioritized for selection. They will start by selecting Legacy holders who apply. As Phases 1 and 2 are for JP servers only I suspect that there will be a hidden priority for JP players over other regions. Just because you fill all the requirements doesn't necessarily mean you will be selected. It all depends on how many people SE feels it needs to properly conduct its tests.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Hey Yoichi Wada. Comments like "It's almost finished" at the start of the Beta worrys the crap out of me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
    Please read everything. No matter what you status level is you must apply to be a tester. This begins in January. Only those who apply will be eligible for Phases 1-3. Only those who apply are prioritized for selection. They will start by selecting Legacy holders who apply. As Phases 1 and 2 are for JP servers only I suspect that there will be a hidden priority for JP players over other regions. Just because you fill all the requirements doesn't necessarily mean you will be selected. It all depends on how many people SE feels it needs to properly conduct its tests.
    Only those who apply are prioritized for selection.

Of course, but like I said If you apply and You ARE a Legacy Member, Then you have Seniority to get in. And yes I did read everything tyvm.

Edit: I mean why bother put "Legacy Status Holders" if they didn't have Priority? if they didn't, mine as well just say " FFXIV Account holders" period and left it at that. Saying something like " Legacy Status Holders and then Non-Legacy status get in... Shrugs

- All Legacy status holders qualify as testers in phase 1.

So does that mean Non-Legacy members Qualify for "Phase 1"? If they did they would have put it there and not leave it out.
    (1)
    Last edited by Starlord; 12-27-2012 at 03:34 AM.
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zezlar View Post
    Hey Yoichi Wada. Comments like "It's almost finished" at the start of the Beta worrys the crap out of me.
    Hey Zezlar. As a matter of fact, a game that enters beta is "almost finished".
    (3)
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Nothing really needs clarification to me, but since we can use 1.0 characters in phase 3 but "phase 3 characters will be deleted at the start of phase 4" doesn't mean we'll lose our 1.0 characters right/ just whatever was done in phase 3? lol...
    Think of it this way, there will be no character saves at the completion of the first 3 phases. If you created a new character for testing it will simply vanish at the end of that particular testing phase. For those using Ver 1.0 characters they will just import the character data from the 1 Nov save for each testing phase.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    Oh yeah if you entered it in then it's in your account. I went back and edited my post. He should be find but if he wants further assurance just ask a rep.
    Not everyone who has a SE Account is a SE member. 2 entirely different entities. If I read it correctly there will be a box to enter the code when appling to be a PS3 tester to cover those who are not SE members
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    Hey Zezlar. As a matter of fact, a game that enters beta is "almost finished".
    In terms of overall time sure. It's closer to release now than it was on the last roadmap, but ARR has a lot of leg work to go before you give your employees the impression of "it's almost finished." Just because it's in Beta doesn't mean it's anywhere near done.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
    Didn't they say if you applied for Alpha you don't have to apply for beta?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neptune Deepsea
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
    The roadmap *includes* delays. That's why it shows a best and worst case scenario for each phase.

Again, the july prediction is off, and those that said that they had on high authority (you know who you are) that the beta would start much later than we expected were simply lying.
    I love a little delusion with my morning coffee. Specimen A here is desperately trying to rationalize away the release date, even though the word delay is printed like twice on every page of the thing, and they have delayed everything about this game. They even delay the delays. If you add 1 week to each of the last 3 phases (very conservative) you're looking at an August 2013 launch. And yet, the mind of Specimen A so soundly rejects it. What the hell were you telling yourself about release before this morning?

*goes out of his way to squish a couple of ants on an anthill in Africa*
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
    I love a little delusion with my morning coffee
    I noticed. You do sound quite delusional.

They clearly stated a best case and a worse case. At the moment theorizing further delays on top of a worst case scenario is a baseless exercise of trolling. We have no reason to add any further weeks to a schedule that was purposely left elastic just to prove a false point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zezlar View Post
    In terms of overall time sure. It's closer to release now than it was on the last roadmap, but ARR has a lot of leg work to go before you give your employees the impression of "it's almost finished." Just because it's in Beta doesn't mean it's anywhere near done.
    Considering how beta development continued paralel to the alpha, we actually have no idea of how far the game has gone or how near is to "finished".

As a matter of fact, I'm quite sure Wada knows better than we do about it.
    (4)
    Last edited by Abriael; 12-27-2012 at 03:50 AM.
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast