Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlord View Post
    Only those who apply are prioritized for selection.

Of course, but like I said If you apply and You ARE a Legacy Member, Then you have Seniority to get in. And yes I did read everything tyvm.

Edit: I mean why bother put "Legacy Status Holders" if they didn't have Priority? if they didn't, mine as well just say " FFXIV Account holders" period and left it at that. Saying something like " Legacy Status Holders and then Non-Legacy status get in... Shrugs

- All Legacy status holders qualify as testers in phase 1.

So does that mean Non-Legacy members Qualify for "Phase 1"? If they did they would have put it there and not leave it out.
    Guess I wasn't clear on my intent. Just because you are a Legacy holder doesn't mean you will begin Beta testing in Feb as some posters seem to think. It just means that if you complete the application process you will automatically qualify and be prioritized at the top of the list. If they have more applicants then they have available slots then some Legacy Holders will be left out. Conversely, if not enough Legacy holders apply then they will go to account holders to fulfill their needs. Granted the latter scenario is not likely but SE was covering all their bases. You don't get put on any list if you don't apply.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alex Niculaie
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    According to Reinheart, it was confirmed in the chat that all Legacy members get in.

ETA: From Reinheart's thread

Last part of that page they are confirming all players with Legacy status is automatically granted access to beta, so we probably don't even need to worry about the selection process this time around.
    (6)
    Last edited by AlexNiculaie; 12-27-2012 at 04:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatdawg View Post
    Didn't they say if you applied for Alpha you don't have to apply for beta?
    This roadmap clearly implies that you must apply to be a Beta tester, at least that is my reading of it. I do not remember reading anything about Alpha testers being automatically registered for Beta testing but then again I could have missed it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hayley Westenra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirra_Lanzce View Post
    Wow wow wow guys, let's read for a moment,

- All Legacy status holders qualify as testers in phase 1.

This already shown that is not 100% all Legacy will be in Phase 1.
    You forgetting it says ALL.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
    Guess I wasn't clear on my intent. Just because you are a Legacy holder doesn't mean you will begin Beta testing in Feb as some posters seem to think. It just means that if you complete the application process you will automatically qualify and be prioritized at the top of the list. If they have more applicants then they have available slots then some Legacy Holders will be left out. Conversely, if not enough Legacy holders apply then they will go to account holders to fulfill their needs. Granted the latter scenario is not likely but SE was covering all their bases. You don't get put on any list if you don't apply.
    And if you read this post you would see I am in agreement with you.

Yes I understand that, but with 5-10 world:

If 5 worlds and they stick in at least 2k players that's 10k people
    If 10 Worlds and they stick at least 2k players that's 20k people

It really depends on:

- Amount of Legacy Players ( It's an unknown number, but I still think it's a high number *40k*)
    - How many worlds there's going to be ( 5-10)
    - How many Players they plan to put in each server

So If there's 10 worlds at 2k a Server Half the people will get in ( and assume it will Constantly grow until ALL Legacy Members are in).

If they 5k a Server It's very Possible all of us can get in.

But enough of Math, I'm just happy Legacy gets Priority, I only have to worry about other Legacy members .
    We are Prioritized Yes, but that doesn't mean we will get in Your Absolutely right.

Like I said it will depend on:

- Amount of Legacy Players ( It's an unknown number, but I still think it's a high number *40k*)

Who knows Us Legacy players " Could all make it in", but it really depends on the 3 things I listed above will determine that. At least half of the Legacy players will make it in and will progressively expand.

Also in Regards to Legacy having to apply ( though I really don;t care I'm going to apply anyhow to make sure :P):

The following players are eligible:

-Legacy Status Holders
    -Applicants selected through the Beta Tester Application Site.

Again why put both? They are basically saying " everyone is Eligible" unless they had a reason to put it on there o.o.
    (0)
    Last edited by Starlord; 12-27-2012 at 04:02 AM.
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by HiirNoivl View Post
    You need the code to get the Beta ticket. YOu don't have to literally have in your hot Lalahands, you just need to have it somewhere stored or saved on your computer... or written down in a notebook.

I never played XIII but I'm Legacy so I get into Beta for PC! Yayzors! \o.O/

P.S. if you entered it, then it's recorded in your account somewhere... ask a customer service Rep or wait for more info.
    I was actually wondering about this. Since they changed the site, the old directions to find the bonus/code that can be found from XIV launch are no longer valid. Anyone have some updated instructions?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlord View Post
    And if you read this post you would see I am in agreement with you.

We are Prioritized Yes, but that doesn't mean we will get in Your Absolutely right.

Like I said it will depend on:

Who knows Us Legacy players " Could all make it in", but it really depends on the 3 things I listed above will determine that. At least half of the Legacy players will make it in and will progressively expand.

Also in Regards to Legacy having to apply ( though I really don;t care I'm going to apply anyhow to make sure :P):

-Legacy Status Holders
    -Applicants selected through the Beta Tester Application Site.

Again why put both? They are basically saying " everyone is Eligible" unless they had a reason to put it on there o.o.
    Because lawyers got involved. This typical legal asscovering.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNiculaie View Post
    According to Reinheart, it was confirmed in the chat that all Legacy members get in.

ETA: From Reinheart's thread
    Awesome! then Scratch what I said about all the Math because it doesn't matter now! :P
    (0)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    * A Square Enix account is required to participate in the beta test. However,
    an account is not required when submitting a beta tester application.
    • Legacy Status Holders
    • FFXIV Service Account Holders
    Applicants selected through the Beta Tester Application Site

I think because they put this one line here means that when they say legacy members qualify for ph1, and account holders qualify for ph3, that means they auto get in, while those that have neither but apply will get selected after. I think the worlds will be able to have well more than 2000 logged on at a time. More than 5000 too. So I believe they would be able to fit all the current legacy members onto 10 worlds.

You can look at how many worlds there are for 1.0, how many people you think were playing across all those worlds, then take in account that we are just talking about legacy members being instant qualified to be placed across 5-10 worlds. know also that 1.0 worlds cant hold nearly as many people as ARR worlds, as they have told us already.

It will happen.

For phase 2, it looks to be selection based, since they didnt put anything there. Ph3 all FFXIV account holders will get in (including legacy, since they are account holders too), Ph4 same as ph2

But it could also mean legacy get auto-access for phase 1 and 2, and account holders get auto-access for 3-4, they just didnt put them in twice. that I would like a little clarification on.
    (2)
    Last edited by Reika; 12-27-2012 at 04:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sabaku Usagi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Wow so we're looking at a June launch? I definitely hate that I was right about the 6 months of downtime, but it's definitely needed to ensure the quality of this game.
    (0)

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast