Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Eorzea - A Year of Accomplishments 2012!

It has been quite a year here in Eorzea and I'm sure each of you has some stories to tell. How about all the effort you put towards earning that relic? The perfectly timed Raise or Battle Voice that saved your party from a complete wipe? Maybe you were chewed up on your level 50 job by Ifrit and spit out in front of a bunch of confused players in "It Kills with Fire"? (Not that this happened to me or anything...)

Regardless, we want hear it from you, the community! Share some laughs, tears, and most of all the great times you've had in Eorzea. No story is too big or small, we're looking forward to reading what you guys have to say!

Happy Holidays and here's to another wonderful year in Eorzea!
    See you in A Realm Reborn!

P.S. Feel free to include some screenshots!
    (51)
    Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Share some tears
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/141

Here ya go! Har har har!

Seriously though, I really enjoyed the final chapters of the 1.0 storyline. During "Living on a Prayer," when you meet up with Gaius van Baelsar in Coerthas...and he tells you he wants you to succeed in stopping Dalamud so he has a world worth conquering got me SO AMPED for A Realm Reborn. That scene alone sealed his fate as coolest antagonist in my mind!

Thanks to the dev team for making the finale worth waiting for!
    (24)
    Last edited by KiriA500; 12-22-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Experiencing the last battle. Oh wait.... Loading... And then d/c.

On a brighter side, I had fun with the Garuda fight with my friends. That was definitely a highlight for me.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    My favorite experience was during the storyline Nael fight.
    I was playing my Dragoon, one of my friends was being the tank with Paladin
    Me and my friends were in the first phase, everything was going dandy until... Well, there was a slight mistiming, our White Mage had to AFK for like 30 seconds (he plays from work, at times he goes AFK throught entire boss fights), the Paladin missed a beat and got gutted by Nael.

I had the second highest aggro, I didn't miss a beat, I immediately ran to the tank's position, hit Featherfoot, hit Dread Spikes, hit Life Surge. Started taking a beating, but I was holding it just fine! Hit Second Wind, still no sugar, the tank wasn't getting his aggro back. More beating, second Dread Spikes I trigger, had to use an Elixir. Still not working, I'm moving and dodging his huge laser, jump and featherfoot, i'm about to die, down to 10% health-

He keels over, first stage is over!!

Yess, I tanked, my Dragoon took over for the main tank in the last stages of the battle and we did it! We did finish the second half with far more finessed and far less accidental tanking.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Velhart Aurion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    While I had already won the fight in a earlier time. I was helping friends in my LS get their White Ravens, we tackled it for almost two weeks and we were getting progressively better at it. It went all the way till the day the game was going to shut down and no longer save data. A few of my LS friends were worrying that they wouldn't be able to beat Darnus in time to get them. We spent that entire day non-stop at it. We were really in panic mode because we were only an hour before time was up. We were in a pretty bad state here with only 45 minutes to go.

We tell ourselves this will be our last attempt. So we have at it, and we had a very smooth run, Darnus wasn't acting up or spamming his teleport ability. We were definitely in full focus mode, we have him at phase two and continue knocking him down. We get to 10% and we are like "Go go go go!", and with only 10 minutes till the game servers shut down, we beat him and our LS members who did not have the earrings finally got themselves a pair. It was an incredible feeling for us to be able to tackle this one last obstacle as a LS before the servers shut down.

It was a very proud moment that day for us and I can't wait to have more of these epic events with my friends again when 2.0 arrives.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Dilu Bakari
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 83
    My biggest accomplishment was joining Rendezvous Zone Linkshell and helping me to become a better person in-game as well as in RL. And for Yoshi-P and the DEV team for showing me that no matter how things might start out never get up it gets better in the end. FFXIV:A Realm Reborn FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (3)

Character
    Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    This is from last year, but I'm gonna say let's expand this out to best moment of 1.0.

And for me that would be our first Ifrit victory. Even compared to first wins against other boss fights, none of them were quite as sweet as this.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sophia Althea
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Joining Thanalan Alliance
    Then getting my Thyrus and then getting Van Darnus hard mode kill
    (2)
    Last edited by Sophia; 12-22-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Chief Currahee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    My most memberable time in FFXIV was on the day Cutters Cry was first released and I figured out the requirments to move past the first sets of rooms then the princess wiped us.

Not a huge accomplishment but it felt good to figure something out w/o having to wait to read about it online.

my close 2nd was evading alpha invite about 5 times in a row.
    (i've since changed my gear around and have a very low dex stat for the beta battle)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rina Inverse
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 51
    Celebration after to Kill a Raven
    The sensation when you walk into Lotus Garden, welcomed as hero by the leaders and heroes of Eorzea, feel so good...
    The kinda experience that you wont gonna get from an off line game

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast