Player
    Character
    Davorok Byrmwilf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    ***Dav's Memories of Eorzea.***

I may as well submit this. Just a lame slideshow with a (thin) story.
    (3)

Papa was a rolling stone...wherever he laid his barbut was home.

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Getting my Rod of the Luminary. I reached Level 50 FSH back when it was Rank 50 fisher (thank you Grade 9 fishing hole), so getting my golden rod was basically like redoing the entire thing again. I went strong for the first week, then missed a couple of days thanks to a visiting girlfriend, but once I had some free time I'd wake up early and fish all day, right up until I hit fatigue. This would often take 15, 16 hours at a stretch.

My favourite memory from doing all this was another player who was doing leves in Nophica. He passed by me fishing, then did again a few hours later and /poke'd me. I responded that I wasn't a bot, and we conversed a bit. 6 or 7 hours later he comes by again, exclaims surprise that I'm still there and asks me a bunch of questions to be sure I wasn't a bot. Needless to say I passed with flying colours. He eventually brought a few of his friends along to gawk at this fisher who'd been fishing for 13 hours straight.

It all resulted in me getting my luminary rod some 3 weeks after the patch went live. I wasn't the first on the server (saw one more person with one, though she admitted to being a bot, strangely), but I know damn well I was one of the first.

My second favourite memory was helping my girlfriend beat Nael van Darnus in normal mode. We'd tried time and time again, and she had learned how to be a tank entirely from that fight, so she was a bit of a noob, for lack of a better word. We'd gotten better over time, but we didn't have much time to play due to her schooling, so weekends were Try To Kill Darnus time. One weekend, the very last one before she wouldn't be able to join anymore, we formed up the party and went in. She was a pro, tanking everything, mages knew their part, I as a monk laid the hurt on Neil, and all was going well. We had one of our bards DC in the middle of the fight, so we had to delay damaging him because we were so near the part where he goes up top, but the BRD finally reconnected and we stomped on the gas. Got through that part, back on the ground, and we're just leaning on him.

The countdown timer is getting closer and closer to 0, so we were panicking. Finally, at 10 seconds left, I utter a prayer to Llymlaen to please not let him teleport anymore, and screamed in vent to hit him with everything we had. The timer hits 0, the screen goes black, and not a single sound was uttered. Finally the screen comes back and it's the Victory screen. We beat Nael with 0 seconds left.

I've never felt more elation after a fight before. Thank you SE for letting me have that experience.
    (11)
    Last edited by LlenCoram; 12-22-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Molic Evac
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 70
    Proudest moment was probably when limsa won the final battle for Eorzea.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kai Khada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    The giant dancing army that drove back the bombard menace.

The monocle I bought on a whim that triple melded with a 5% chance when I tried to blow it up.

And the time I went 1/21 on double melds that had 20-25% chance to succeed (0/11 subligars and 1/10 bodies).

Many good times were had, much clink-clink and many jingleshines were lost.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    My Accomplishments:

- All Battle/Mage classes to 50
    - Defeated Ifrit
    - Defeated Moogle
    - Finished Main Storyline
    - Stood up all those times to Watch the Live letter in a Language I didn't Understand :P.
    - Stood up and waited to watch the End of an Era Trailer
    (4)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player
    Character
    Moiren Houl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Well, too many things! I started playing from day 1 (or maybe day 2... September 23, 2010 iirc) Highlights: Relic (BLM) obtained, Raven Nevermore beaten, all Imperial Assault events done, "meteor survivor"

I'm gonna simply link this post from my blog, with a 190 screenshots gallery
    http://www.samaspotion.com/2012/11/2...-10-realm.html

Well, some screenshots here too...

(3)
    Last edited by Moiren; 12-22-2012 at 07:27 AM.
    The best things in life are always free...~

ffxivhub.tumblr.com ~ FFXIV: A REALM REBORN news

Player
    Character
    Keith Dragoon
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Most memorable day? First day of CE release I dove in ready to hit the ground running but ended up reuniting with a bunch of OLD friends from my early XI life and other online games. We caught up with each other for abit and ended up in 2 parties of 15 all level 1s and we experienced the majority of Eorzea, running camp to camp, node to node, dodging monsters and making sacrifices to ensure all 30 of us made it to each camp.

By the end of the day we had made our rounds to all Aetherytes and a few gates between on Eorzea and called it a day knowing in a few more days we would be doing the same trip again for the Official Launch. Was probly the most fun i had in XIV to date.
    (2)

Keith Dragoon - Ambassador of Artz and Adorable

Player
    Character
    Valentino Amore
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    One of my most memorable, if not the most, is when my friends and i completed the harder raven fight. We tried for weeks, developed strategies, prepared equipment and items. We didn't have relic and were in mostly af/grand company gear, but we eventually triumphed!

The sensation the moment we won was tremendous. We had about 1 minute left on the timer, and it was close. The moment it happened ... bam, i was crying, and everyone else was screaming on voice chat xD ... The energy could have been used to light the world for that one moment. and .... it lit of mine

For anyone that wasn't able to make it this far due to time ... and if you have played ffxi ... just think Chains of Promathia ... when you finally defeat ultima/omega ... but of course 10 times better <3
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    lol i never won to kill a raven but one time shit hit the fan and i was tanking as war..(yeah that was rough O.o) and while we didn't win we fought to the last and timed the fight out ^.^ which is pretty good if you fail during stage 2 lol I tanked to more times to the end of the fight but we never got to the part after mega-meteor >.< oh well we did great for first timers though i never got that far again >.>
    (1)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3

Player
    Character
    Ian Nai
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    My favorite times in 1.0 was The Dzemael Darkhold when it was first released. The Batraal fight was awesome, once you got past the Ogre which was also challenging, before it became easymode. When Ifrit came out, I was in my glory. I think I must have done that raid at least 100 + times. Ifrit has always been my favorite summon since FF7. Yes, there certainly were some good times in 1.0 for me.
    (2)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast