Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    wtf I can't participate...

Don't want to check the forums anymore lol ;;
    The solution is to make the BEST COSPLAY EVAR and post it all over the Lodestone.
    (2)

Character
    Behemoth King
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    The chick on the left in that picture looks SUPER excited to be there lol
    (0)

Character
    Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    The chick on the left in that picture looks SUPER excited to be there lol
    Probably can't smile too widely or the ears'll fall off. Those were probably a pain in the ass to get on correctly.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kenshiro Joestar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I wish I had the skills to make something, but I don't.

Anyway I'd maybe put any effort into this if the price was for the winner + 1 person of his choosing, so I could bring my girl in case I won... going all alone would be exciting for sure but still...

Aw hell naw, I may give it a chance!
    (2)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by moriandrio View Post
    I know there are, but it seems they didnt even check if there are. They just allowed the 4 countries where they have studios and ignored the rest. This is a mega fail every other publisher is able to make contests for almost every country....
    They are not "ignoring" the other countries, they're unable to offer the contest in those countries for legal reasons. There's a MASSIVE difference. and "it seems they didn't check if there are?" Why don't you go research your country's laws then? If there's one place SE or any company doesn't want to fail or skimp on, its their legal team. They know the regulations make it difficult.

This contest is limited to fewer countries than usual because the prize isn't just an ingame item- it's a trip to Japan. This ups the ante and makes the contest subject to more regulations than if it were just ingame items.

Yes, it sucks that you can't enter if you're not in one of those countries. But there really isn't anything you can do about it other than lobby your government to relax the laws regarding contests and lotteries in your country. SE doesn't hate you, they don't want to lose you as a customer, but they still have to abide by the laws and regulations of the countries they want to do business with and have contests within.
    (6)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-22-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Player

It's also cheaper to fly from EU > JP than it is from North America <_<
    (3)
    facebook.com/thancred

Player
    Character
    Mayoi Hachikuji
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    They are not "ignoring" the other countries, they're unable to offer the contest in those countries for legal reasons. There's a MASSIVE difference. and "it seems they didn't check if there are?" Why don't you go research your country's laws then? If there's one place SE or any company doesn't want to fail or skimp on, its their legal team. They know the regulations make it difficult.

This contest is limited to fewer countries than usual because the prize isn't just an ingame item- it's a trip to Japan. This ups the ante and makes the contest subject to more regulations than if it were just ingame items.

Yes, it sucks that you can't enter if you're not in one of those countries. But there really isn't anything you can do about it other than lobby your government to relax the laws regarding contests and lotteries in your country. SE doesn't hate you, they don't want to lose you as a customer, but they still have to abide by the laws and regulations of the countries they want to do business with and have contests within.
    Ya sure there are only 4 countries in the EU that allow a contest cause of laws and thats exact the 4 SE got studios in...
    btw why are other companies allowed to make contests with almost the same price (ticket to tokio for a music show) in every single country of the EU. In this case the law argument doesn't works cause i know of at least 2 countries in the EU where it would be no problem.
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Ya sure there are only 4 countries in the EU that allow a contest cause of laws and thats exact the 4 SE got studios in...
    It's a lot easier to do things in countries where you have a physical presence. Why should this be a suprise to you?

btw why are other companies allowed to make contests with almost the same price (ticket to tokio for a music show) in every single country of the EU.
    Good for those other companies. I can't imagine the work their legal teams had to go through to make it possible. Not to mention the costs- the laws of many countries makes it disporportionately more expensive to offer a prize there than another country. This is a common issue even here in north america, where contests often apply to everywhere except Quebec, Canada because of that provinces' laws relating to the protection of the French language there that substantially increase the cost of doing business there. It might cost SE 2-3 times as much to offer the prize in your country compared to another.

I 100% guarantee you, the offering of a physical prize with real monetary value is the complete, entire reason why this contest is limited to certain areas, and is completely the reason why most contests we get are for ingame item rewards in general.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Athalia Hartfell
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 85
    Hate to the the buzzkill but I would have much rather had the road map. It can't take THAT long.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eekiki View Post
    The solution is to make the BEST COSPLAY EVAR and post it all over the Lodestone.
    Good idea! I think I will do that haha =D But which to make!? Nophica....or umm...hrmm..not many elaborte outfits out yet >.<
    (2)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast