Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Hanabira Asashi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Anyone else notice that if you die in a leve now, you cant return unless your homepoint was set there or you forfeit? thats... silly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Keyser Soze
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanabira View Post
    Anyone else notice that if you die in a leve now, you cant return unless your homepoint was set there or you forfeit? thats... silly.
    Well I assume that would cause you to zone into a different area which would abandon the leve right? Isn't that how it worked in 1.0?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Erana Alashaan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanabira View Post
    Guess it makes people travel more, rather than setting their homepoint in town and just zipping back when they're done.
    On one hand it could make people use the transportation features more, on the other it could be slightly inconvenient for the player.Then again We'll probably still have the inn room homepoint.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hanabira Asashi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Wint View Post
    Well I assume that would cause you to zone into a different area which would abandon the leve right? Isn't that how it worked in 1.0?
    no, leves just made enemies spawn in area's nearby. But if you were killed in a leve, using return would take you back to the starting point of the leve no matter where your home point was set.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Severa Cordelia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNiculaie View Post
    Don't have to be in alpha to know what the developers have already told us outright.
    You'll be surprised from the info the devs gives then playing the alpha first hand lol. Reason why is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuinn View Post
    Let's just say that there's some contradictions in what the devs said and the actual state of alpha. . . .

In these threads people are often wrong and/or have false assumptions. That's expected though, since the opinions are based only on vids the devs hand out and bits of txt info.
    He's right about this.

Not saying that you're wrong in any way or anything Alex, but you know how people are. Assumptions and whatnot even if the devs do tell us something. Some of it might not even be set on stones. But eh, what do I know? Maybe I know a lot maybe I don't lol
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Odintius Baelsar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    For the animation twitching I can see it being tone down a bit even though allot of battle related stuff is taken out apparently. I going to speak for the larger enemy's like the one in videos making it where critical hit causes them twitch like that isn't really best solution either you have to also account for the other players as well when they do critical hits also and adding further upon that if gotten to a 16 to 24 man party's will get the same issue with that but that can change because it is alpha.

For example instead if the large monster like these are susceptible to like blunt type damage that doesn't automatically make them flinch it when you do a combo/weapon skill with blunt type effect that cause them to flinch if you hit for a critical then maybe that flinch effect last about two second longer preventing them from reacting for those seconds.
    (0)

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

In regards to all of the comments about how the enemies visibly react to player attacks, we'll be adjusting these animations around the time the Beta Test begins.

Specifically we are looking into addressing it in the following ways:
    • Vary the damage animation according to the amount of damage inflicted.
    • Tone down the damage animation for large monsters.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alex Niculaie
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gao View Post
    You'll be surprised from the info the devs gives then playing the alpha first hand lol. Reason why is this:

He's right about this.

Not saying that you're wrong in any way or anything Alex, but you know how people are. Assumptions and whatnot even if the devs do tell us something. Some of it might not even be set on stones. But eh, what do I know? Maybe I know a lot maybe I don't lol
    I think you are misconstruing my points. I was originally replaying to the complaining about things not being in alpha (combos, complex battle systems, smooth animations etc.) which we were already informed would not be in alpha. Regardless of whether or not things differ in actual alpha play, you shouldn't expect to see something you were already informed would not be there.

Since the comment about people being in alpha was a bit vague in direction, I was merely covering my own bases by pointing out nothing I said required alpha knowledge. If the statement wasn't aimed towards me, then well, at least I had covered myself. That's all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dragonheart Lux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

In regards to all of the comments about how the enemies visibly react to player attacks, we'll be adjusting these animations around the time the Beta Test begins.

Specifically we are looking into addressing it in the following ways:
    • Vary the damage animation according to the amount of damage inflicted.
    • Tone down the damage animation for large monsters.
    Nice to hear, but there is any info on why the fights looks so static? ... 5 mins of spamming ws vs tank & spank mobs..
    This look pretty boring to people used to the "new" games...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Severa Cordelia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNiculaie View Post
    I think you are misconstruing my points. I was originally replaying to the complaining about things not being in alpha (combos, complex battle systems, smooth animations etc.) which we were already informed would not be in alpha. Regardless of whether or not things differ in actual alpha play, you shouldn't expect to see something you were already informed would not be there.

Since the comment about people being in alpha was a bit vague in direction, I was merely covering my own bases by pointing out nothing I said required alpha knowledge. If the statement wasn't aimed towards me, then well, at least I had covered myself. That's all.
    No, I'm agreeing with you, just that all I'm saying that you're correct on how people complain about this and that blah blah blah and complain about it, And that "You'd be surprise" statement I made wasn't towards you (Even if I did quote on you, I was using you as something to help me come up with a statement) It was just to some people who think they know what they are saying.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gao; 12-21-2012 at 07:41 AM.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast