Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Alpha First Look: Video 7 – Levequests and Party Combat

Solo guildleves and party combat are the subject of the seventh installment in our Alpha First Look video series.

Much like the quests introduced in our Quests and Combat video, levequest objectives are displayed in the Duty List, and will update automatically as you make progress. The towering enemies engaging our heroes in mortal combat are but a taste of the fearsome foes players can look forward to facing.

* The battles in this video involve low level enemies. Targeting and actions are demonstrated with the mouse instead of keyboard for greater clarity.

* The battle system is currently undergoing significant revision, including changes to all damage algorithms and the claim system.

* The music played during combat is different than the music currently implemented in the alpha.
    (77)
    Triairy - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Hayley Westenra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Sweet! That looks outstanding!!
    (7)

When animation blending and physics is implemented I really hope that twitching gets toned down on monsters lol.
    (33)

Player
    Character
    En Digi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    When animation blending and physics is implemented I really hope that twitching gets toned down on monsters lol.
    I 100% agree, the twitching / jerkiness when enemies are hit needs to be turned down, maybe only for critical hits or when they're nuked, it almost hurt my eyes to see big hulking immovable boss like monsters recoiling after every single minor attack.
    (4)

Character
    Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Endigiont View Post
    I 100% agree, the twitching / jerkiness when enemies are hit needs to be turned down, maybe only for critical hits or when they're nuked, it almost hurt my eyes to see big hulking immovable boss like monsters recoiling after every single minor attack.
    The twitchiness is only there, I think, because at present the actual hit animation isn't complete, and they had to do something to give the player visual feedback that the monster was hit.

Like this. I'm sure the animations will be appropriate upon release.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    En Digi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eekiki View Post
    The twitchiness is only there, I think, because at present the actual hit animation isn't complete, and they had to do something to give the player visual feedback that the monster was hit.

Thanks for pointing this out. :3
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eekiki View Post

This is how fights against Malboros looked after release for comparison. You have to jump a bit into the video to see them but they are there, or you could watch it all and enjoy the nostalgia like me!

VIDEO
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bittereye Azurial
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    I made a post a while back about this very topic; I cant stand how the enemies bounce around like they do when they get hit. It looks terrible!!!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crevox Shadeseer
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bittereye View Post
    I made a post a while back about this very topic; I cant stand how the enemies bounce around like they do when they get hit. It looks terrible!!!
    Alpha is alpha. They already said many times that animations weren't final and weren't fully done, but properly constructed negative feedback would still be useful for them.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Klefth Reinhart
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Aaaaaaand combat does indeed look like a spamfest. Do people really want it to be even faster/more spam-happy than that? :/
    (11)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast