Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Za'karn Riskbreaker
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    You know what i like the most about this video? It seems as though it is turning off some of the more vocal and unpleasant posters here so with any luck they will not be playing ARR. HUZZAH!

I think it looks great! it wont be the put-you-to-sleep kind of MMO. Me likey! But it does all boil down to how it actually feels when you play it.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Austen Bloodspatter
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyhagun View Post
    Tactics in how you build and gear you character.. yes it does. you have to think Final fantasy and not any old mmo. Gear & spells placed on you make your character gain benefits, it wouldn't normally have. I loved my haste build in FFXI Sam/Drg. Or playing FF:Tactics, gearing and setting up my characters to play a certain way.

It adds depth to customization and the game itself. If everyone is fighting as the highest speed already then whats there to look forward too end game. This is the tactic/strategy I speak of. Building of your character.
    ok, so then every game in history is tactical...so what's your point?
    tactic is only in using haste to max atk spd end game?
    (2)

Character
    Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyhagun View Post
    Tactics
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Vax Redrick
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Radacci View Post
    How is 3-4sec CD on skills fast paced? in 1.0 you could use combo of 3 skills quickly with no GCD. and on DRG you got that skill that remove CD of a skill, so you could potentially do 6 hit combo in short amount of time, with no GCD, so that was even more fast paced -.-
    A game isn't tactical because it's slow paced -.- it just makes you slow paced and indecisive. you can do split second decisions, and be tactical in fast paced combat also, so your argument is silly.
    Why wouldnt haste be able to be in the game? increasing AA speed would always be nice, 2x atk spd from 3sec to 1.5sec. Then you wouldn't need to use all those ooh so annoyingly fast skills so much -.- But increasing AA speed also, would make the game even more fast paced wouldn't it? -.-

I dont understand how people can be so blinded by sentimentality of being fan of past generation version/games, that you dont see how fail your arguments are...
    On 1.0 you could use 3 skills quickly but you had a long CD on each WS. At least for me i feel it more tactical if it's more slow, maybe because i played GW2 and had a spam of auto attack and abilities.

I'm not being fan of the past generation, i do like FFXIII, and the speed there i had no problem with it, but when it's goes for an MMO i preffer another thing. But it's me, it what i like, i'm not saying the word of the right and everyone or SE need to follow what i say.

There are a lot of things i like from the video, but i use the forum to say what i don't like.
    (1)

Character
    Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by vax View Post
    There are a lot of things i like from the video, but i use the forum to say what i don't like.
    I wish everyone understood that this is what nearly everyone does.

Because what happens is some dipstick reads through the responses to this video, then goes to his blog and says, "FFXIV is getting SLAMMED by EVERYONE in the community! FAIL INCOMING"
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Exn Phenix
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eekiki View Post
    Totally. I think they were a bit premature in releasing this. We've already seen how the combat UI works. They should have waited until more classes were available to show off partying.
    BAM! That sums up this whole thread..

There was absolutely NOTHING exciting about that video.. Well maybe if this is your first MMO EVER.. maybe

I think they should just wait until open Beta, after revisions/feedback/polishing, before putting out these videos. Or at least only put them out to Legacy members who already have some vested interest in the game and can fully understand the magnitude of some of these changes at least. I'm not sure global marketing based on Alpha when the game already failed once is turning out to be a good idea..
    (1)

Character
    Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Exn View Post
    I'm not sure global marketing based on Alpha when the game already failed once is turning out to be a good idea..
    UNLESS, they were to release these videos with developer commentary, so they could explain to us what was going on and what their plans are for what we're watching instead of leaving it up to the community to speculate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blake Ater
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 65
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsus View Post
    Auto-pilot to win it!
    Yeah that's the spamfest your talking about... there's more to it than just 'falling into a routine' kind of thing. If a boss in FF used something to drastically change the playing field, your going to need to readjust to that.

If you keep up your rambo FPS tactic your ganna get shot by campers. Should of used that flashbang... or not go that route at all.

If you think going down a racetrack thinking it's a time trial run when someones drifting to make a pass at you, your probably ganna skid on collision because you fail to notice that guy on the inside lane.

Yeah, people will fall into a routine. It's just up to whatever content the game shells out to actually differentiate the routine people use every now and then. In the end it's all going to boil down to situational awareness, since sometimes things don't go the way you expect it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Radacci View Post
    Unlike 1.0? it was kinda rent a grind area too...
    Yeah but at least you used the good chunk of the map at least. Enemies may flee from you sometimes, or you'd try to find the 'target' mobs hiding amongst the common mobs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nayto; 12-21-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Davy Jones
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Exn View Post
    BAM! That sums up this whole thread..

There was absolutely NOTHING exciting about that video.. Well maybe if this is your first MMO EVER.. maybe

I think they should just wait until open Beta, after revisions/feedback/polishing, before putting out these videos. Or at least only put them out to Legacy members who already have some vested interest in the game and can fully understand the magnitude of some of these changes at least. I'm not sure global marketing based on Alpha when the game already failed once is turning out to be a good idea..
    Ya because releasing vids to us hardcore fan boys on the forums is Global Marketing. . . My word. . .

People would find fault with a cure for Cancer and AIDs.
    (0)
    Welcome to The Locker!!

Character
    Kickle Cubicle
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy View Post
    People would find fault with a cure for Cancer and AIDs.
    Cancer and AIDS are two of the only tools Earth has to curb overpopulation.
    (1)

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast