Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Player
    Character
    Aion Zwei
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    the gathering will be fun if you decide not to look at 3rd party website to look the distribution of the mats, you will be encouraged to explore more without unnecessary hassle like 1.0
    (1)
    Aion Zwei - Masamune

Character
    Behemoth King
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
    What? He clearly broke the NDA, and there are consequences to that. I was saying that I hope that SE turns a blind eye to this, otherwise he would be kicked out.
    I wrote a post the other day comparing many people on these forums to James Woods (don't ask). There wasn't a single curse word in it and, if anything, it was seriously meant as a joke. Within 10 mins of me posting it, for whatever reason, SE reps deleted it and took it down. If you don't think they would have been all over this guy for what he said about being in alpha, starting with deleting his post, then banning him from alpha, minutes after posting, your foolish. Obviously his post is still up, which means they have seen it and many like it, and left it up because he isn't viliolating ANYTHING. Let the reps do their job. If they needed your help, they would ask for it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Coyohma Aerra
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    To say that this gathering looks interesting, fun, cool.. You're running up to a tree and clicking the item you want. Running to a tree. Clicking the item. That's the entire process, yet somehow because it's ARR, deserving of glowing adjectives?

I'm seeing two common reasons for why this is good. One is that you won't get unwanted items anymore, the other that it's faster. I hope these people realize that:

1) They could have gotten rid of unwanted items no matter what gathering system they chose
    2) The potential for more of an item/hour does not mean increased value
    3) If your issue of time was swinging the hatchet in 1.0 and waiting for it to resolve, that supports reducing the time it takes to resolve (which they did change as the video shows), not in eliminating the minigame altogether. Also, it's obvious that the historically bad latency in 1.0 was part of the problem.

SE has said one of two things here. Either they could not come up with a decent gathering system, or they thought no system at all was the best choice. Therefore, the only praise this should earn is that they didn't force an annoying, poorly thought-out idea on us.
    (3)
    Last edited by Coyohma; 12-15-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Darshu Warshoes
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Precisely, Coyohma.

Responding to the replies directed at my previous post, I suggest you read it again, and pay attention to the words. I never said I was the pro, neither did I say that amateurs are somehow not fun to play with, whatever that means. An engaging crafting system will not keep anyone out of the game in the same way battles for exp will not keep anyone out either. Bahamut thophies? Wtf are you on about? Fuck Bahamut. I want to have fun from start to finish.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    You have to craft over your level for xp
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    You have to craft over your level for xp
    I don't know where you got that idea from. The crafter in that video was level 9 but still got experience from the level 1 crafting of lumber.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rosetta Rouge
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I kinda like this system, makes me more interested in actually gathering my own materials. Crafting system is nearly similar but is very different at the same time, I'll have to try it out if i get into beta.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Spoony Bard
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    omg crafting and gathering actually looks fun!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jesse Sandor
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 47
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    didn't really understand the gathering. It looks like you just click what you want and get it???
    I have to agree, and I am even more surprised by the sheer quantity of people on this thread that seem excited by it. No minigame, no skill required, just click the item you want now. I'd bring it up with Yoshi-P to change it back to a system that actually presents a challenge and requires skill, but chances are I'd be overruled by the sheer quantity of people who don't seem to want any kind of challenge or effort with DoL at all.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jesse Sandor
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 47
    Quote Originally Posted by ShenDrakar View Post
    Gather looks kinda too easy now. The old minigame, after you get the way region/mark to hit looked better for me.
    I couldn't agree more, and I am shocked by how many people here actually prefer to have their items practically handed to them rather than taking on the challenge that requires skill. If ANYONE can do it, you won't be able to sell your items for much at all, and there won't be all that much of an economy.
    (1)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10