(11)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Dreams
    World
    Sephirot
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 88
    Sadly, I think the gathering is more of a random chance thing now and there's no guarantee of getting anything. Before there was always a great chance of getting at least something (even if it wasn't the item you wanted, you could sell it or use it for something else, whatever) if you simply knew how to read the remainder bar for that area, but the new gathering system will mean a lot of pointless misses with no positive result at all... As a crafter who levelled all of my crafts together, I could often use the things I wasn't aiming for too. Old system: aiming for ore and miss? Fine, I can use that alumen for LTW. New system: aiming for ore and miss = get nothing...
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Wow, gathering looks great for Botany now! So much less stressful then before. Excited!
    (4)

Character
    Behemoth King
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Man am I glad I saved all my shards and crystals, looking at the numbers of them required to make things compared to the rate at which they are gathered, it looks a little steeper than 1.0 synths. Of course this could just be for alpha and is subject to change or even change more in the future after SE balances how many will be in the economy on old servers by pulling some out of curculation in this way.

Also the speed at which you take out and put away the botany axe was mind blowing lol. How sad is that?!
    Anyway, super excited to play this. Crafting and Gathering look great.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aion Zwei
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by mbncd View Post
    Sadly, I think the gathering is more of a random chance thing now and there's no guarantee of getting anything. Before there was always a great chance of getting at least something (even if it wasn't the item you wanted, you could sell it or use it for something else, whatever) if you simply knew how to read the remainder bar for that area, but the new gathering system will mean a lot of pointless misses with no positive result at all... As a crafter who levelled all of my crafts together, I could often use the things I wasn't aiming for too. Old system: aiming for ore and miss? Fine, I can use that alumen for LTW. New system: aiming for ore and miss = get nothing...
    1.0 > aiming for log , you get mistletoe/orange/[insert item that go straight to npc after it]

2.0 > aiming for log , obtain nothing , try again at same spot
    (6)
    Aion Zwei - Masamune

Player
    Character
    Drasdras Darkmoon
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 45
    Crafting "LEVEL UP!" ,and that was the best part ^^. oh how i am glad there is now an animation for the abilities, but kind of disappointed the 6th video didn't show more of what could be ( it's low level i know, but it's like watching a recap of what I already know) still I'm happy they keep the relaxed feel for gathering I can get into that easy. also noticed the BGM for crafting is gone so looks like I am going to have to depend on my own music mix more then ever, or , just fine a great place to craft away... maybe a dungeon.

So overall its a decent effort the devs made to simplify Gathering & Crafting, it seems clean and crisp.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dras6fin; 12-13-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    "It's The Journey that is important, The Destination is Not that important."

Player
    Character
    Neasa Vera
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Hm, gathering looks interesting.... Might be fun if they add another gathering job in the future, I guess. >.>;
    Not sure if I like the new crafting yet, to be honest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azran Hayat
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Godking View Post
    :\ I'm going to miss the gathering mini game
    yeah man, I really enjoyed taking 5 seconds to put away and pull out my tool every time I want to use secondary gathering nodes, and also having little control over what item I can gather

but on a serious note, it wasn't much of a minigame when you memorized every item, which took about 5 mins from gathering a particular item
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Sedo Junaibi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    too bad alpha players can't enjoy these videos xD
    (4)

Player
    Character