Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    From a Localization thread:
    "Hello all!

Believe it or not, all three 'missing' character types have legitimate background stories as to why they weren't around in 1.0. These stories were actually conceived way back before the original launch, with plans on releasing all the juicy details via quests. Unfortunately a little thing called "Meteor" threw a wrench (spanner, for you sophisticated types) in those plans, and here we are.

While the lorelords have deemed it still a bit too early to release that forbidden knowledge, you can rest assured knowing that the stories will all be revealed in ARR. I personally enjoy the background for the female Highlanders. Let's just say they haven't been merely tending cookfires and mending tents these past few years. Those ladies are TOUGH.

As for naming conventions, you won't have to wait for ARR's release for those, as we hope to have a comprehensive guide out sometime during before or right after the launch of Beta. It will cover all 5 races (including both clans and both sexes) and should include a Roegadyn dictionary to help those looking to make a Sea Wolf.

I apologize for not being able to reveal anything with substance today, but the good stuff is right around the corner! We're almost there!"-Fernehalwes
    Ha! Very nice share Warlock! We appreciate the info a lot!
    I'm extremely glad that they are incorporating the lack of presence in 1.0 into the story instead of just *Plop!* They're here!

Yoshi-P is leaving no stone unturned in ARR! This will be a truely epic FF MMO!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Soube Miseux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkurrra View Post
    Ha! Very nice share Warlock! We appreciate the info a lot!
    I'm extremely glad that they are incorporating the lack of presence in 1.0 into the story instead of just *Plop!* They're here!

Yoshi-P is leaving no stone unturned in ARR! This will be a truely epic FF MMO!
    Giving Yoshi credit for something that was clearly stated to have existed before the launch (launch, as in over 2 years ago) of 1.0 is probably not productive, nor based in reality of any sort.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Emily Kamba
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    We haven't forgotten about her! You guys will be given information on female Highlanders as soon as we can release it.
    HUZZA! Can't WAIT!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiroh View Post
    Giving Yoshi credit for something that was clearly stated to have existed before the launch (launch, as in over 2 years ago) of 1.0 is probably not productive, nor based in reality of any sort.
    Oh so, he wouldn't be responsible for incorporating the Female Highlanders into the A Realm Reborn story? That was decided over 2 years ago? Hmmm... I'm not thinking so much.

However, you are right that he shouldn't be given credit for them being added to the game. Except maybe Male Miq'ote.
    And that there might have already been stories for them for 1.0 to be added later.

However, making it all tie in with Bahamut and Dalamud, that's all Yoshi-P's baby!

Man, everybodies so nitpicky on the details. lol
    (3)
    Last edited by Linkurrra; 12-14-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Technyze Deepforces
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Forgotten Female? Who could ever forget about a female!? I would never.
    (5)
    Twitch Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/technyze
    Free Company/Linkshell: OGC

Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Technyze View Post
    Forgotten Female? Who could ever forget about a female!? I would never.

smooth
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    We haven't forgotten about her! You guys will be given information on female Highlanders as soon as we can release it.
    Ahaha! So it was you!
    Merry Christmas.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4