Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lodovico Rivers
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Didn't they say they were going to update the roadmap this month? Or was it after alpha is done? Personally, I'd rather they not give us a roadmap till after beta is halfway done. There is no point in giving us a roadmap before beta since any number of things can go wrong and the game would be delayed because of it. Hence player frustration at the "lies" on the roadmap.
    (2)

Character
    Alerith Rayneheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    You know, as much as I would like a general idea of the schedule they have projected...I can live without it. Yoshida has already stated that they will release it when he feels it is ready and not a moment sooner.

This is enough for me. I'm willing to adopt the same "Ready when it's ready" mindset that the producer has.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rizon Cerberus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Yummie View Post
    I'm not clear on what you're expecting, are the alpha videos and dev postings not enough? I just fail to understand the benefit of making a roadmap if it isn't going to be followed 100%, then when this happens people will cry. I for one am happy with the alpha videos, live letters and dev postings.
    The Alpha videos show only what is happening now and by necessity are limited in scope. The Dev posts,through no fault of their own, are spotty at best. The road maps are something that SE instituted themselves with FFXI. They were adpoted by Yoshi-P when he made the decision to scrap ver 1.0 in favor of building ARR from the ground up. This was done by SE in order to make a concerted effort to be more open with their online subscribers. These maps are usually done annually and it has been over a year since the last one. So unles SE is changing their policy we are due for a new one anyways. Plus, as I said before, Yoshi-P promised us one early in Dec and he has never knowingly gone back on something that he said he would do. I am not looking for exact dates as the last one proved how misguided that can be when you are developing a new game. All people are looking for is an idea as to how SE is going to proceed in the future with the game. Hope this explains my position regarding the road map.
    (1)

Character
    Behemoth King
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    WIth ya OP, I like getting things I was told to expect. Thats not entitlement, its called reality.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karadign Aerello
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
    The Alpha videos show only what is happening now and by necessity are limited in scope. The Dev posts,through no fault of their own, are spotty at best. The road maps are something that SE instituted themselves with FFXI. They were adpoted by Yoshi-P when he made the decision to scrap ver 1.0 in favor of building ARR from the ground up. This was done by SE in order to make a concerted effort to be more open with their online subscribers. These maps are usually done annually and it has been over a year since the last one. So unles SE is changing their policy we are due for a new one anyways. Plus, as I said before, Yoshi-P promised us one early in Dec and he has never knowingly gone back on something that he said he would do. I am not looking for exact dates as the last one proved how misguided that can be when you are developing a new game. All people are looking for is an idea as to how SE is going to proceed in the future with the game. Hope this explains my position regarding the road map.
    I agree with all of this completely. I have been looking forward to it. No, I do not want a rushed/incomplete game.. but I'd like to have a better idea of what's going on "under the hood" and what expected testing dates are.

Damned if you, damned if you don't as others have said. Life isn't perfect, but having some sense of time would help my anxiety even if facing the reality of waiting several months or even half a year before we get to ARR....
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aion Zwei
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    inb4 ARR launch at September 2013...
    (1)
    Aion Zwei - Masamune

Player
    Character
    Exocryst Lebreska
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Aion View Post
    inb4 ARR launch at September 2013...
    With Final Fantasy 14 3.0 coming out September 2016 >_>
    (0)
    <--Giver of yarns, not the giver of darns :3
    Follow me on Twitter @Antanias_

Community Rep
    Sorry to keep everyone waiting on a new roadmap! I'd like to offer you all an update in place of Yoshi-P, who hasn't come up for a breath of air in between finalizing the close of the Alpha Test and prepping for the start of the Beta Test.

We've completed the initial draft of the roadmap and it's currently being checked by each region's Legal department. After it's finalized, it will be localized into English, French, and German.

We're pulling out all the stops to release it soon, so hang in there just a bit more.
    (130)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Astral Moonlight
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 46
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Sorry to keep everyone waiting on a new roadmap! I'd like to offer you all an update in place of Yoshi-P, who hasn't come up for a breath of air in between finalizing the close of the Alpha Test and prepping for the start of the Beta Test.

We've completed the initial draft of the roadmap and it's currently being checked by each region's Legal department. After it's finalized, it will be localized into English, French, and German.

We're pulling out all the stops to release it soon, so hang in there just a bit more.
    So Hopefully in a Weeks time or less =)
    (1)
    Want to know about Ishgard and See their High Houses?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nsion-name-%29

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post

Poor Yoshi-P! I hope he gets some well deserved rest soon! And thank you very much for the update!
    (4)
    facebook.com/thancred

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast