Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Theia Meurdrac
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    meh, knockbacks seem to be a staple. It's when they're overly obnoxious on the player, or, like in EQ2, there was the knock UP that flung entire raids in the air. But that's SOE's failing story.

If an NPC kb's a player, a lot of games give it a stun as well, but even without the stun effect it still disorients the player, even just a little bit. Both you and the mob are running back at each other, you make sure the mob doesn't take aggro and run off on someone else, in the mean time getting completely out of position for the entire group. Depending if the mob has any frontals and if the mages are paying attention, if there's a memwipe on aggro or if there's a stun on the tank with the knockback, it can get really hairy. It sounds annoying, but rather than falling asleep at the keyboard with the same old hack n' slash it can at least keep you awake knowing something could happen at any second.

Again of course assuming the feature is installed correctly. As for the Conji thing, the only thing I saw it for was the "Get the ef away from me, that's my purse!" button, which is more useful than an idiot mage running around the camp to shake aggro, only to pull more mobs.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Personally, I thought back flip or tail flip or whatever the lizards used was the best enemy move in the game. I'm looking forward to the implementation of more enemy skills that can be manually evaded.
    (0)

NPC Dialogue Widget

Greetings,

We received quite a few requests for this during Alpha. We just received word that in A Realm Reborn we will be making it possible to move the NPC dialogue widget to the location of your choice on the screen, and the location you move it to will be saved.
    (62)
    Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Great, now all you need to do is make it look less like a signboard and more like... nothing. e.g. just the darkened area behind the text.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dawn Nova'nuru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Great, now all you need to do is make it look less like a signboard and more like... nothing. e.g. just the darkened area behind the text.
    Ew no! The signboard is HOT! I love it, it makes it more cartoony and friendly then just a black shaded background -.- yuck!
    (18)

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Responding to OP,

I'm pretty sure not ALL roselets were aggro.

Also, things in Alpha aren't completely mirroring what the final will be. I can't say much else. ><; If you know what I mean.

But I guess I could use 1.0's alpha / beta as an example. Outside Gridania in the alpha / beta, there were like NO mobs. You had to really fight with everyone else to grab a Marmot. Then came the final release, and there were LOADS of them. (still competing to get them though.)
    (0)

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDrill View Post
    Also i stopped the vid when the info tile for the spell was up. It said cnj thm only. Crossing my fingers arcanist/smn can use that too.
    I'm sure this was only because smn/arcanist weren't in Alpha so they didn't include the name XD Just like you didn't see whm/blm
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Beogrimm Dex
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    if their going to let us move it maybe they will let us customize it also. personaly i don't want to stare at whitebored either. in all other FF titles i usualy make mine dark blue (classic FFs) or gunmetal gray.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Geesus Ravenheart
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I found the water/knock back rather effective as a solo Whm in Alpha. Was great for getting distance if my face was getting pounded and I needed to run and also for getting an otherwise interrupted spell off like Cure or a potion or even just to rebuff something real quick.

As for the idea of placing it in Tank/DD range, I never really thought about it but since it has been brought up I thought of this. As mentioned by V3rdict above, having to run around a camp to lose aggro was more of a death sentence then anything else as a Mage. With this I can push the mob back, allow the Tank to possibly be in Aggro range and "possibly" save me. If anything, it might reduce my chances of taking a massive melee straight to the face and be hit with a weaker ranged effect. i think as testing continues with CB1, more ideas of how to implement this new feature will allow for more tactical battles then just hope and pray hack and slash that V3rdict ALSO mentioned I would have to agree.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Boye Fran
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Not going to quote you, but you should proof read that post, geesus. :P Quickly!
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast