Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveYouPumpkin View Post
    I mean, I like the game. It looks pretty and I think I'll enjoy it. But the hand-holding preypacer is talking about.. I also find incredibly irritating. It's something that plagues a lot of MMO's in recent years.
    If the quest system doesn't tell you where to go or give you some help on the map where to go people will go to another website, like how people went to ffxiclopedia for FFXI every time they were stuck on a quest or mission they didn't know what to do or where to go.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Usagi Yojimbo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Denmo View Post
    Hehe, I like your style.

"The chocobos are rowdy today! Would you mind playing with them while I clean their pens? *chocobo-minigame ensues*"

"We need you adventurers to jury this court case! The defendant is accused of stealing from the Miner's guild! His attorney? None other than Famous Lawyer Hildebrand! *OBJECTION!*"

"You! You are perfect for the part! I need you to stand in for my lead role! She broke her leg! GET OUT THERE. I DON'T CARE IF YOUR A MAN *tosses a dress at you*" *players must /emote at the right time or face eternal shame*

"I'm a ghost haunting this Inn room, and I won't leave until my wife reads this letter!"

"Here, take this contraption of mine and use it imbue these magical plates with the image of what's in front of them! I call it, Magi-picto-tek! Now go to each of these locations and take good photos!"

Quest where a player must infiltrate a squad of Magitek riding Garlean Soldiers, as they march north into frozen territory. *Cue opening credits and sad music* Biggs: "Yep, that's the target" Wedge: "You sure this is the new recruit? He looks kinda funny."
    Awesome dude! I liked that... if only, this was tied straight into the epilogue for FF6.

And FF1.0 had emote quest and so did FFXI. 10gil says ARR will have it too.

There will be quirky chocobo quests as well... as FFXI also had it. I only make reference because we have the same team working on this game as well.
    (4)
    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."

Player
    Character
    Estelomo Claustrada
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    To the people who wish there were better quests:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...r-Own-Quest%21

Now there is a thread for you to suggest your own! But please, be as descriptive as possible!

Woo hoo!

(It's not intended as a bash thread for ARR's questing system. It's meant for us creative types and for FF enthusiasts!)
    (7)

Character
    Ryo Ruruzigo
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    If the quest system doesn't tell you where to go or give you some help on the map where to go people will go to another website, like how people went to ffxiclopedia for FFXI every time they were stuck on a quest or mission they didn't know what to do or where to go.
    yes i understand what you saying there but there many other way like i explain before they dont need to put in the map and show you step by step, but just simple putting a mark on top of the mob, object, etc will be enough at least when u see you u know thats what u need to kill or do and a quick think that tell u around what place to go but showing step by step like showing a baby to do things..... thank you but no thank you!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Makono Makan
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I understand that they want to separate the NPC dialogue from the chat log, but I really hope that there's a chat tab that allows us to review NPC dialogue.

Sometimes I'm stupid and say "wait, what did I just read" and then go back and check.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Mudd Vader
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 54
    Seeing the new low level items gives the impression that there will some totally reworked items (low level variant of the armbands)
    PLEASE
    give me R50 espadrilles ;CCCCCCc

Edit: The potion being a possible quest reward was nice too.
    Hopefully they do play a larger roll.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mudd; 12-06-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Player
    Character
    Usagi Yojimbo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinrya-Geki View Post
    I prefer no help at all.

Tell me the mob I am looking for is southwest of the current location, and tell me why it needs to be stop. I'll go looking for it, and make a side story in my head.

"Oh these bulls needs to be killed because they are ruining your crops that you need to sell to get medicine for you ill child?" /redwizardcape on and away.

Tracking them down myself is better than blantly pointing them out. Makes me feel like I actually did the work of finding them, otherwise why not send a town guard to the sign post that says "enemy here"?

Man, sometimes I just miss the days of FFXI sometimes.. I remember those times where I would camp leaping lizzy and I would main or sub Ranger just for their, job specific, tracking ability. It would be the only job able to see mobs moving on the map and able to see when a NM poped on the map.

I disliked that about 1.0 FFXiV, that they showed the NM on the map and it is easily seen by everyone by a specific icon.

Having certain things like this makes me think that they can't bring the ranger class back because you can see everything on the radar compass. Not sure if this is still true for ARR though
    (4)
    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."

Player
    Character
    Tamako Lalako
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    So many people defending ARR..

I'm sorry, but 'It's a Final Fantasy game' isn't going to cut a boring quest/combat system.. and isn't giving people a reason to move from another MMORPG to this.

Look at TERA. Their quest systems are basically identical... how well is TERA doing now (oh and TERA even had a different and well received combat system)?

I guess it's what we should expect, can't have people pointing out their concerns! Oh no, anyone with concerns towards ARR is just stupid because 'I'm right and they're wrong'.

*sigh* There goes the game I was looking forward to Maybe I'll just stick to crafting..

Quote Originally Posted by Sazhka View Post
    everyone is too anally fixated on 2 optional quests and say the entire game is gonna be comprised of 1000's of similar quests
    Looks like we'll have to see when Beta comes out, right?

Why would SE show a video of something that doesn't represent the better half of the game? I doubt they made this video just to say, "Hey here's the style a minority of quests are going to be set out".
    (6)
    Last edited by Yellow; 12-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Guys, Guys...I'm sure there will be some more challenging contents. This is what you need for basic daily "stuff to do". Every quest is not supposed to be some epic journey lol.
    (7)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Ffxi had good quest system,
    Things got better over time, but up through Chains of Promathia, the quests and the instructions given by NPCs were constantly vague, often not even telling you either what you're looking for or where you're supposed to find it. The only way to know was to talk to someone who had more time to waste than you to actually figure it out. There's a certain amount of time before it stops being fun trying to solve a quest (Actively working out a well-designed puzzle and being left to fend for yourself with nothing to guide you are two very different things). e.g. if I have to spend an hour just figuring out where to go or what to do next, before I even begin to attempt to do it, that's not fun. After the early levels, big flashing signs that say "Kill this thing!" or Go to this exact spot and click here!" are not so necessary, however, it is still good to gently nudge the player in the right direction.

Why would SE show a video of something that doesn't represent the better half of the game?
    Well, showing something is better than showing nothing and having everyone complain that they aren't showing anything / aren't communicating or keeping us in the loop. They also (apparently incorrectly) figured that we're smart enough to realize that a level 11 quest is very early on and isn't likely to compare to the quests that you'll be doing at level 50. Remember, the level limit in the alpha isn't even halfway to the regular max level.
    (8)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-06-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast