Player
    Character
    Smokey Asura
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    I was quite happy with what I thought was a trade-off. I started with 3k-8k of each shard. I guess I must have actually sold all my fish pre-shutdown without remembering - unlike me, but it was an intense time.

I certainly shouldn't have had that many shards though. I had a large amount of gil too. I'm sure I read somewhere that some items were to be converted to gil automatically and by that rationale I thought fish had gone to crystals (like, tenfold though).

If I have the same amounts at Beta 4, I'll raise a ticket. It'd be nice, if it is true that some items were auto-converted, if we could get a list of them. Anyone else experience something similar, or am I going insane?
    I made a complete list of everything that was in my inventory before shutdown and all of it was there minus what I mentioned before and a couple other things they had already listed on the lodestone. I had quite a bit of extra gil than I did at shutdown. I didn't write down the amount of crystals I had but it looks the same. If its not, its not significant enough to notice the change.

Here is the list of items that were converted into gil from the lodestone page. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post579324
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyTheSequel View Post
    I made a complete list of everything that was in my inventory before shutdown and all of it was there minus what I mentioned before and a couple other things they had already listed on the lodestone. I had quite a bit of extra gil than I did at shutdown. I didn't write down the amount of crystals I had but it looks the same. If its not, its not significant enough to notice the change.

Here is the list of items that were converted into gil from the lodestone page. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post579324
    Thanks for the link! Wish it showed amounts. My crystal shard mystery will have to remain so for now.
    (1)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Thanks for the link! Wish it showed amounts. My crystal shard mystery will have to remain so for now.
    I do recall they said you could only hold 9999 of each, and if you had more than that you should put them on retainers or whatever. But that doesn't exactly address your issue of having more than you thought.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Smokey Asura
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Im glad I got these pics before I got to stressed out from pushing buttons and almost off'd myself or something worse.....

(1)

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I want fishing to be like in Final Fantasy 11 + spearing, nuff sed.
    (1)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Player
    Character
    Kiandra Lilly
    World
    Titan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I had my crystals on my bazaar and they said they are getting rid of this so it would go in your inventory and if you had to many it would have to be converted to gil.

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    After months of waiting and three large, well read and tidily-kept threads about fishing, the devs have finally responded.... In none of those threads. But whatever, we got a dev response:

Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    Hey all,

As Yoshida brought up in previous Letter from the Producer LIVE, fishing is designed to be a casual concept that can be enjoyed between battle content or while waiting for Duty Finder matching or for your friends to log in.

While fishing, your catches will go into your inventory, and you are able to both sell it back to the market, use it as an ingredient in your food recipes, or use it immediately for bait to lure in different fish. You can also fish up coral to be used in various accessories and even more surprising items.
    As I stated directly under that post, I'm really glad that we will still able to sell our fish and presumably we can therefore still make money. There are two things that bother me about the post however.

1. The constant insistence that the only people who will fish or who will find fishing interesting will be people who are just waiting to do something else. Please Yoshi and Co., please understand that there are those among us who prefer gathering above all else in the game. As this is a roleplaying game, we shouldn't be marginalized or told how to play the game. I've said it a million times, but it bears repeating: When I choose to fish, it is precisely and exclusively because I feel like fishing. It is not done to wait for friends, nor is it done while waiting for my duty finder to pop. I intend to never even touch duty finder. I just want to fish.

Constantly insisting that we are now nothing more than a hobby - a time-wasting activity - is insulting not only to those of us who genuinely enjoy the gameplay, but also to those who put so much work into the class. To change from one of three gathering classes that did, despite what you may think, contribute to the economy through crafting materials, crystals, shards, and catalyst supplies, into a class that is merely regarded as a hobby is insulting and implies that us fisher have wasted our time leveling the class or gaining any of the achievements.

2. Hvinire's post that we can in fact still sell our fish, and that beyond the common-sense crafts like food and potions, fish will also contribute to "surprising crafting recipes," flies completely in the face of Yoshi's near-constant bragging that the class has absolutely no place in the economy whatsoever. This suggests either one of two things to me. A) Yoshi is as disconnected from his gathering development teams as I thought (and hoped) and all the "knowledge" he has of the new design for the classes is purely second-hand. B) Hvinire was wrong, which is the worst case scenario.

In the case of scenario A, it stands to reason that everything else we know of the class as told by Yoshi is also wrong, or at least not 100% accurate. If this is the case then there's some small hope. I just find it's a shame that Yoshi seems to fit the stereotype of the "combat only" MMO players to a tee. The kind of person who not only does not but cannot understand the mindset of a gatherer. To have someone like that in charge of gathering or crafting is a detriment to the classes, and because this is a roleplaying game, it ends up being a detriment to the game as a whole.

I'm glad this small piece of information has finally cleared the air somewhat, and even more glad that we have finally, finally received word from the devs. I'm more willing to give the game a chance now, and I hope anyone who actually reads this drivel I write will also give fishing a try. Maybe if we can show SE that us fishers, and gatherers in general, fish more often than they'd expect from an "afk time-wasting activity," they may end up expanding the design. That can only mean good things for us.
    (0)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14