Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Oremus Gladius
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Seriously, with them nuking fishing because they can't develop a way to combat RMT, then adding in the supposed ability for your retainers to gather for you, what is the point and or purpose of DoL?

I mean ARR is becoming far less a FF MMORPG.

Maybe Yoshi feel compelled to mimic WoW in hopes SE pulls in more subscribers.

I am a 1.0 CE owner who is legacy and was going to order the 2.0 CE just for a show of support for SE.

Since I get early access I feel there is no reason to shell out $$ to SE for the CE.

I'm pretty pissed about this the more I consider it. It's a casual MMORPG without much of the casual attraction for longevity.
    (0)
    SE response - Please look forward to it!

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I hope fish-ranking is server-wide or cross-server rather than just personal, so that I can prove to y'all how much better than you I am at RNG!
    (0)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Here you go NM. I realised after watching it a few more times... Yoshi does press another button to reel in the fish. I still think the way they've taken the class is garbage, but sweet Llymlaen, two whole button presses? We're practically a class again.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    Here you go NM. I realised after watching it a few more times... Yoshi does press another button to reel in the fish. I still think the way they've taken the class is garbage, but sweet Llymlaen, two whole button presses? We're practically a class again.
    Yeah that's about as many presses you need to run a dungeon on MRD...

Slightly better news then? It's quite possible that the ability you need to use to reel in may change dependent on the circumstance.

And I'm interested to see if fish are stored as items in your pack and will hence list weight separately, or if there'll be a Fishing Chest to hold them. And if they're remaining as ingredients for ALC/CUL recipes, how they can have zero effect on the economy.

Find out in 7 days, eh?
    (2)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Yeah, I don't see it possible that you'll be able to purchase every possible fish from a vendor to use for crafting. I'm pretty sure that fishermen will still supply the markets with fish for cooking/alchemy. But stranger things have happened I suppose.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Smokey Asura
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    I had a huge amount of fish in my inventory from 1.0 and they were still there during the last beta. Better be able to do something with them. I spent a shitload of time catching them all.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I started Beta with thousands of crystals I didn't have at shutdown. I presumed they'd been automatically converted from any fish I had in my inv. There certainly weren't any there in B3, just Tarantulas and Scorpions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Smokey Asura
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    I started Beta with thousands of crystals I didn't have at shutdown. I presumed they'd been automatically converted from any fish I had in my inv. There certainly weren't any there in B3, just Tarantulas and Scorpions.
    I would look harder or put in a ticket or something because I had all of mine. Only thing that wasn't there was spearfishing stuff.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyTheSequel View Post
    I would look harder or put in a ticket or something because I had all of mine. Only thing that wasn't there was spearfishing stuff.
    I was quite happy with what I thought was a trade-off. I started with 3k-8k of each shard. I guess I must have actually sold all my fish pre-shutdown without remembering - unlike me, but it was an intense time.

I certainly shouldn't have had that many shards though. I had a large amount of gil too. I'm sure I read somewhere that some items were to be converted to gil automatically and by that rationale I thought fish had gone to crystals (like, tenfold though).

If I have the same amounts at Beta 4, I'll raise a ticket. It'd be nice, if it is true that some items were auto-converted, if we could get a list of them. Anyone else experience something similar, or am I going insane?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lumos Lightheart
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
    I was quite happy with what I thought was a trade-off. I started with 3k-8k of each shard. I guess I must have actually sold all my fish pre-shutdown without remembering - unlike me, but it was an intense time.

I certainly shouldn't have had that many shards though. I had a large amount of gil too. I'm sure I read somewhere that some items were to be converted to gil automatically and by that rationale I thought fish had gone to crystals (like, tenfold though).

If I have the same amounts at Beta 4, I'll raise a ticket. It'd be nice, if it is true that some items were auto-converted, if we could get a list of them. Anyone else experience something similar, or am I going insane?
    I definitely think I had more gil than I expected, but I did have a lot of convertible items (like bait, arrows, etc.) I also had a ton of xtals and I think they were all still there. I don't think anything would be converted into xtals. You probably just didn't realize how many you had. I didn't take any inventory either or write anything down. I had no way to take screenshots with menus up. I didn't feel like obsessing. My inventory seemed ok in Phase 3.
    (0)

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast