Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Joshster Stonefist
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    I agree. I fished a lot of fishies to get that golden rod. I hope it is an all-around rod, or at least can pick up rare fish no other can.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cynthis Ravenbrook
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshster View Post
    I agree. I fished a lot of fishies to get that golden rod. I hope it is an all-around rod, or at least can pick up rare fish no other can.
    Yes, a thousand times yes.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Inakha Khatayin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    "Be it from the shore of a sea, the bank of a river, or the deck of a boat, Eorzea's anglers must constantly account for a wide range of factors to optimize their success, including season, time, place, tools, and bait."

The new summary on the official page does make it sound like there's a fair bit of strategy involved in catching the right fish. Makes no hint at anything to do while fishing, but it certainly sounds like there's a lot of planning beforehand.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Hehe, I'm well aware. I was spreading the info around the other threads today. I just feel like this thread doesn't get as much attention, which is fine. I'll wait until more concrete info comes out before updating.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Punainen Drak
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    So it's still being recognized as a DoL, and that's good... I'm still hoping to hear there will be a PURPOSE in fishing and a minigame involved. Fishing was one of my favorite ingame activities, I certainly did not do it just because there was nothing else. I don't want to 'turn on fishing mode' then be able to sit back and read a book... If I wanted to do something that was essentially NOT playing the game.....then I'd NOT play the game.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Jesse Sandor
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 47
    Quote Originally Posted by LlenCoram View Post
    Hehe, I'm well aware. I was spreading the info around the other threads today. I just feel like this thread doesn't get as much attention, which is fine. I'll wait until more concrete info comes out before updating.
    I have been reading and liking your posts so far LlenCoram and I want to say you are NOT alone in your sentiments. I love fishing with a passion. It was my main way of making money FFXI and while it wasn't as profitable in FFXIV 1.0, it was still a very enjoyable experience. I remember how thrilled I was in FFXI when I FINALLY turned in my 10,000th moat carp and got my Lu Shang's rod. After I got hacked, I tried playing WoW to fill the void. The game was so boring that I actually returned to FFXI, created a new character, and did the Lu Shang's rod quest AGAIN!

I don't like the people on this thread like "wind" who seem to want to demean the DoL classes as less than equal. Everyone plays for their own reasons and SE should be seeking to accomidate as many people as possible to increase their player base. People like Wind who probably don't fish won't be bothered at all if they impliment a challenging fishing minigame, fishing quests, and the like because they aren't the type of player that will be fishing in the first place. Not all of us are all about COMBAT COMBAT KILL IT WITH FIRE RAAARRRRHHGHGHGHHG. If they treat all DoL classes as pee-ons the game will be no better than WoW.

The fatigue system and gobby fishers in FFXI represent a *good* idea for attacking bots; no need to gut fishing just to combat rmts. And I strongly disagree with whoever said the majority of level 50 fishers were bots. I knew max level fishers in both FFXI and FFXIV and let's face it... a bot probably will get banned before getting to 50. They will always be figured out eventually, and the rmts always replace them, but a long time max level fisher is a real player.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Estelomo Claustrada
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Yes, we all want to see Llen Coram's fishy dream come true! I've been secretly following Coram's harrowing tale of a lone fisher stepping out into the reborn landscape, MIQO'TE versus the WORLD, and I've got to tell you, she has my full support! I plan to mainly DoL/DoH all over the place, and I really love fishing IRL, even if I won't do it anymore because I feel bad about harming the sea creatures. Of course, that is where video games step in, to let me enjoy the act without the guilt associated with it afterward! He he.

Come June 14th, a horde of rod-dangling, bait-spitting adventurers will march to the shores of Eorzea and proclaim, "FISHING MATTERS, MATTER, TOO!"

Yeah!
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryaani View Post
    None of you are real. You're all just cats pounding on a keyboard, and using ELIZA software when in TS3/Vent.

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Hestern_Nestern View Post
    Yes, we all want to see Llen Coram's fishy dream come true! I've been secretly following Coram's harrowing tale of a lone fisher stepping out into the reborn landscape, MIQO'TE versus the WORLD, and I've got to tell you, she has my full support! I plan to mainly DoL/DoH all over the place, and I really love fishing IRL, even if I won't do it anymore because I feel bad about harming the sea creatures. Of course, that is where video games step in, to let me enjoy the act without the guilt associated with it afterward! He he.

Come June 14th, a horde of rod-dangling, bait-spitting adventurers will march to the shores of Eorzea and proclaim, "FISHING MATTERS, MATTER, TOO!"

Yeah!
    Haha, I'm glad to have supporters! When the time comes, we will be heard! I just hope we can shout up a cry of thanks to the heavens, instead of woe.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Inakha Khatayin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Most the support in the thread has been from people who either enjoyed fishing in v1 and are worried it'll change, or didn't like it in v1 and are hoping it'll be something great in ARR, but I just wanted to say that as somebody who didn't care for it in v1 and probably won't touch it in ARR... I'm still in your corner. And I've spoken to quite a few people with similar sentiments. So know that while Fishers may be in the minority, I don't think people who agree with you are.

I want a game that's fun for everyone, and I don't need "stuff to do while you're semi-AFK" added any more than you guys do. Fishing is a class, it should be treated as one.

And I need enough of you guys enjoying it that I don't have to do it myself for my alchemy supplies. ;]
    (6)
    Last edited by Xeia; 06-02-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Joshster Stonefist
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    With the initial release, I will be in a rush to complete quests and gain access to areas. Once that initial rush is out of the way, I can't wait to cast my line. Here's to hoping for an awesome DoL class.
    (3)

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast