Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Allesasi View Post
    Lets get RDM or SCH already so everyone can be happy!!!!!!!!!!!
    Or that could just make two additional jobs to be unhappy with. Quantity, even in completing a circle of possibilities for the caster role, does not necessarily make quality. Far from it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgegungnir View Post
    whm should have holy and banish not damage elemental spells. That is what a FF blm is about having all elemental damage spells and few non-elemental ones. a whm has holy spells not blackmage spells.
    WHM has had Aero, Stone, Water type magic in FF games. BLM, while having had them as well in some games, has consistently had Fire, Blizzard, Thunder based spells.

Thus it is a matter of design choice, and not remotely surprising or unconventional.

They've made the choice, and it makes sense to me based on the overall skill design.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Temisu Namisu
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgegungnir View Post
    whm should have holy and banish not damage elemental spells. That is what a FF blm is about having all elemental damage spells and few non-elemental ones. a whm has holy spells not blackmage spells.
    This argument has been tried so many times, and it's never a winning one. It was really only Final Fantasy XI which gave BLM access to the 6 elements, and stuck WHM with Banish and Holy. IX was slightly different as they gave a single tier of Water, and X followed the same 4 elements though added 2 extra tiers to water to match the others. It really isn't a convention to give BLM all of these elements; it's quite the opposite.

I've had very little issues with the design of BLM in XIV to be honest. I do feel it needs to be differentiated from THM a lot more, however. It would be nice to see Job Traits that are only active whilst on the specific job and are inactive on the base class.

And whilst I do see the issue with regards to resistances of enemies, I actually prefer the extra strategy and planning that is involved by deciding if a BLM is suitable for the task or a WHM set up to do some damage with their elements. You don't bring the wrong tools to a project, and that should carry into games. Having all classes equally capable of being used makes for some dull game design potential.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    White Demon
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    This argument has been tried so many times, and it's never a winning one.

Having all classes equally capable of being used makes for some dull game design potential.
    Word (in agreement), I believe they have done the right thing in regards to class set up and design. I've played a few games and XIV is on the right track, ARR is going to be completely different becuase of the small changes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylkis Tea
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    My ideas:

Thunder to...
    >Thundara: increased MATK
    >Fira: convert spell to single target, increased MATK