Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinrya-Geki View Post
    No game should ever have a fight where someone is left out.
    That's why this game is built around having multiple classes that are easily swappable and there is even incentive for levelling various!

If you decide to play only one class and pretty much go against the game's design policies, feel free, but you need to be ready to face all the additional hardships that come with it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    That's not a good way to deal with that kind of problem. I like magic, but look at the classes that deal with it. Only two, soon to be 3. It's not much of a choice.

That's forcing, and only that classes have incentive to raise other classes. Playing as a job does not.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Strawberry Dragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    I won't have this problem, considering I hang out with the coolest people who like to try things.

My problem is when the situation arises where black mage may be utterly useless do to mob resistances.

No game should ever have a fight where someone is left out.

Which is why I am expecting either Fire/Ice and Ancient magic spells to be redone to be actually useful, and/or mobs resistance to be redone so that only pure magic based mobs, such as primals and elementals, to resistance 1 spell type.
    you are lucky to have those people, at least i agree there should be not situation where a class gets completly left out.
    So i am to expecting fire and ice to be reworked
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Strawberry Dragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Skies View Post
    That's why this game is built around having multiple classes that are easily swappable and there is even incentive for levelling various!

If you decide to play only one class and pretty much go against the game's design policies, feel free, but you need to be ready to face all the additional hardships that come with it.
    thats not true, its nowhere the games policy that you have to level multiple classes.
    it just makes it easy to switch classes, thats 2 different things.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by GinTama View Post
    thats not true, its nowhere the games policy that you have to level multiple classes.
    it just makes it easy to switch classes, thats 2 different things.
    To be good at it, you're expected to.

Even to unlock jobs, which are roles of specialization, you need to level a specific sub class. For classes themselves, the whole point is their ability to cross class so many skills and become more versatile.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    But that's still a difference between one class to 35 to gain ability for another class, and raising a class to 50 to play as it.

I can understand the first choice, cause moves like chameleon are awesome. But making a fight so that certains jobs not optimal and focing me to play as a job I don't want is not cool at all.

Like Nyzul in FFXI, I was forced to play as Dragoon, so that I could go in there to get only one thing I wanted which was Brave Blade for Atonement for Paladin. I don't want to do that again. I want to focus on one thing and be good at it, not a jack-of-all trades and master of none.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    That's understandable, and I agree. Unfortunately it's pretty impossible to prevent community trends that lead to stacking jobs, but by better design they certainly can make it more accessible by every job.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    So, what are you guys looking for in the job, really, other than balance and greater diversity of spells usable? Greater long-term strategy? A more interesting ability-flow? And in what ways?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Comboing different spells together. Example will be an iron giant.

You use fire spells over and over, the iron giant becomes a vibrating red, hit him with a powerful ice spell and you just rapid cooled metal, making it temporarily immobile.

Best part of it? Black Mage would have an interesting way to enfeeble, while not actually using the spell, allowing other jobs to carry the enfeeble spells themselves.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Rubicon Vale
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    You use fire spells over and over, the iron giant becomes a vibrating red, hit him with a powerful ice spell and you just rapid cooled metal, making it temporarily immobile.
    Honestly, if ARR doesn't have boss fight elements like this (not all but some and probably the most memorable fights) then they are already screwing up.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast