Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurVerde View Post
    You are not a normal player. Normal players will never see memory issues. If everyone was experiencing them it would be more of an issue.
    Here is another thread on the issue. And a lot of people experience it.. memory leaks may contribute to crashes in more ways than one.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...dressing-Limit
    (1)

"We all enjoy a delicious slice of yummy cake every now and again."
    ~ Moderator Jhanaka

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Grit View Post
    Here is another thread on the issue. And a lot of people experience it.. memory leaks may contribute to crashes in more ways than one.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...dressing-Limit
    And normal people will never play 4+ hour sittings so they will never experience a memory related crash. It may afffect those bazarring over night, but again, how many people like leaving their computer on overnight when you can have your retainer sell for you?
    (0)
    Did you expect something witty?

Player

Is that seriously supposed to be some kind of argument?

Most people won't experience it! Therefore it is Not a problem! O.o;;;;;;;;;
    (6)

~ Moderator Jhanaka

Player
    Character
    Ezra Guilian
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 32
    And normal people will never play 4+ hour sittings so they will never experience a memory related crash. It may afffect those bazarring over night, but again, how many people like leaving their computer on overnight when you can have your retainer sell for you?
    I am not sure where you are getting this 4 hour number. I know a lot of players that play for 4 hours at a time at the very least. Especially in an MMO, that is nothing unusual.
    (5)

Player

Is that seriously supposed to be some kind of argument?
    It's a problem, just not a DIRE problem. Which you all seem to be making it out as.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yash Azal
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    There's a lot of assumptions in this thread and misinformation about hardware in general. Just stop.
    (7)

Player

It's a problem, just not a DIRE problem. Which you all seem to be making it out as.
    The problem is that the system requirements for running FFXIV smoothly are ridiculous. Most of us already compensated for that by dishing out hundreds of dollars extra to upgrade our PC's, but that's just the problem. FFXIV loses a lot of player base because of the system requirements and inherent FPS lag problems.

Poor optimization and technical problems galore. The rate of application crashes for this game is tremendous, and wide-ranging. A majority of people experience them all of the time.
    (2)

~ Moderator Jhanaka

Player
    Character
    Elkwood Davidson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Who made this out to be a DIRE issue, I simply requested SE to allocate resources to making the PC client function as it should. For all we know it could be a simple design flaw that SE can resolve in under 30 days. The PC client should be designed for the PC and the PS3 client should be designed for PS3, I am not sure if cross developing 2 clients hindered the development of the PC version of the game, But I can tell you that the game performs far less than what it should based on my Hardware; this game should be perfectly flawless on SLI, and Tri-SLI fully capable of AO, 8X AA etc but for some odd reason it just is not, even running Dual GTX 580 cards. I shutter to think how poor this game performs on ATI 6990 and GTX 590 cards.

Especially considering SE states in order to run everything in full Optimal Video card is a GTX 460...
    (0)

Player

The problem is that the system requirements for running FFXIV smoothly are ridiculous. Most of us already compensated for that by dishing out hundreds of dollars extra to upgrade our PC's, but that's just the problem. FFXIV loses a lot of player base because of the system requirements and inherent FPS lag problems.

Poor optimization and technical problems galore. The rate of application crashes for this game is tremendous, and wide-ranging. A majority of people experience them all of the time.
    What FPS problem? And the definition of "Smooth" is rather subjective. You also do not need "Hundreds of DOllars" to play FFXIV. I also never experience random game crashes anymore, unless I turn AA to 8x but that is mostly because I hit the VRAM limit. All most people need is to a shell out for a new Graphics card as any Desktop CPU in the last five years should be able to run it

SE said that a 460 is the RECCOMENDED settings, not OPTIMAL. With a 460 you can play at average settings without being impeded.
    (0)
    Last edited by MonsieurVerde; 04-04-2011 at 04:10 AM.

Player

SE said that a 460 is the RECCOMENDED settings, not OPTIMAL. With a 460 you can play at average settings without being impeded.
    * The highest recommended specifications for any PC game in history.
    (2)

~ Moderator Jhanaka

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast