(1)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    well it good the maxed it out now cuz in a couple years pc's will run this game like nothing on max settings, other games make the games need more power every so often.

i have no problem running it but not quite maxed out in 1920x1080.

h70 cooler on my 1156 i7 860@4.4ghz 68-70*C max temp of processor 72
    2x gtx480 stock speed if i oc they get hot as a mofo and shut down my pc.
    8gb ddr-dual channel of ram
    8 120mm case fans 90cfm - 6 all sucking in ,2 on the top blowing out
    2x 640 hdd raid 0 7200 rpm
    (2)
    Last edited by indira; 04-04-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Player

Errmmm, last I checked this game uses as many cores as it can get. O_o Point me to the thread where it states two cores only. Because I see activity on my other four cores. Considering the PS3 has like...6 Logical cores, no?

Also, my GPU tops out at 73C....mayble you need better cooling in your case or turn up the GPU fan. Many recent games that bring a GPU to 100% usage cause the same heat.

As far as memory leaks go...why would you play for 4+ hours in one sitting. Hell, normal players won't even see such errors.
    (0)
    Last edited by MonsieurVerde; 04-04-2011 at 03:12 AM.
    Did you expect something witty?

Player
    Character
    Elkwood Davidson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurVerde View Post
    Errmmm, last I checked this game uses as many cores as it can get. O_o Point me to the thread where it states two cores only. Because I see activity on my other four cores.

Also, my GPU tops out at 73C....mayble you need better cooling in your case or turn up the GPU fan.

As far as memory leaks go...why would you play for 4+ hours in one sitting. Hell, normal players won't even see such errors.
    I know GPU temp is dependent on the GPU, and I know Nvidia does tend to run hotter than the ATI cards, but that's not the point. Most Games run at 55-65C on a GPU, this game is just overbearing on your hardware.

As far as my Case setup goes no it is not a Case and Airflow issue; it is the game. I have a Corsair 800D case I can feel the airflow out of the top of my case, My case has fans aligned properly and perfectly, Airflow from the bottom comes out of the top by using 3x 240MM fans.

As for memory leaks, have you ever not played a MMO before, I can do 4 hours in 1 sitting with no issues on a Sunday afternoon. Hell I left my PC on all night doing nothing with FFXIV running came back and had 1.1GB of memory being used by the program, no I am sorry this game needs massive optimization.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elkwood Davidson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    well it good the maxed it out now cuz in a couple years pc's will run this game like nothing on max settings, other games make the games need more power every so often.

i have no problem running it but not quite maxed out in 1920x1080.

h70 cooler on my 1156 i7 860@4.4ghz 68-70*C max temp of processor 72
    2x gtx480 stock speed if i oc they get hot as a mofo and shut down my pc.
    8gb ddr-dual channel of ram
    8 120mm case fans 90cfm - 6 all sucking in ,2 on the top blowing out
    2x 640 hdd raid 0 7200 rpm
    You might want to un overclock that CPU for a bit 72C will fry your processor, I am shocked it is even still running
    (0)

Player

72 won't fry the 860, but any higher than that is beyond the stated thermal specification.
    (1)
    Last edited by Grit; 04-04-2011 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Editted for accuracy

"We all enjoy a delicious slice of yummy cake every now and again."
    ~ Moderator Jhanaka

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Elkwood View Post
    I know GPU temp is dependent on the GPU, and I know Nvidia does tend to run hotter than the ATI cards, but that's not the point. Most Games run at 55-65C on a GPU, this game is just overbearing on your hardware.

As far as my Case setup goes no it is not a Case and Airflow issue; it is the game. I have a Corsair 800D case I can feel the airflow out of the top of my case, My case has fans aligned properly and perfectly, Airflow from the bottom comes out of the top by using 3x 240MM fans.

As for memory leaks, have you ever not played a MMO before, I can do 4 hours in 1 sitting with no issues on a Sunday afternoon. Hell I left my PC on all night doing nothing with FFXIV running came back and had 1.1GB of memory being used by the program, no I am sorry this game needs massive optimization.
    And how much of that air is being blown directly on to your GPU? Do you have a fan to help take hot air being blown up from the card? Just because you can feel air being expelled from the top of your case is rather misleading

You are not a normal player. Normal players will never see memory issues. If everyone was experiencing them it would be more of an issue.
    (0)
    Did you expect something witty?

Player
    Character
    Elkwood Davidson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurVerde View Post
    And how much of that air is being blown directly on to your GPU? Do you have a fan to help take hot air being blown up from the card? Just because you can feel air being expelled from the top of your case is rather misleading

You are not a normal player. Normal players will never see memory issues. If everyone was experiencing them it would be more of an issue.
    A lot as I stated there's a 240mm fan below the GPU pushing air up on the factory cooler, and yes everyone is experiencing the memory leaks just go take a look at your processes, under the task manager, ffxivgame.exe

I did reapply IC Diamond 24 thermal paste on my GPU and that brought things down some, and I am using MSI afterburner to verify everything, I let the program auto manage my fan which is running at like 60% right now; until I can Watercool the unit.

I know that I am not an ordinary everyday PC user, as most wouldn't drop 240 dollars on a Case, but this case is optimized for airflow and watercooling. Believe me when I say I would have the same concerns as you are if someone had just typed this up without evidence, but I assure you that you can verify physical memory usage from the start and watch it jump 400MB instantly as soon as you execute FFXIV.

Now in my case with 8GM of RAM I understand I will never really see issues with memory usage, but I can guarantee you that others may or will down the road especially if it is leaking that much in 4 hour to get the game up to over 1GB of RAM usage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tessa Jalloh
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    I just thought i'd state that my Phenom II X6 uses all 6 cores when playing, so like others i want to dispel the idea that the game only uses 2 cores. It was restricted to 2 cores during closed beta but during open beta began taking full use of my old Quad core processor.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Akira Torytomi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    my gpu never gets above 70c and my cpu highest ive seen it is 56c i dont notice any memory leaks either, and i play on 1920x1080 2x msaa and everything highest general at 7 and background at 5 DoF and AO off
    (0)
    i7 12700k/EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast