Player
    Character
    Vitra Crimsonash
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50

Fully Scaleable UI

I've been watching the alpha videos over and over and I've noticed how big the UI is. I was wondering if there would be an option to scale each individual piece of UI according to player specifications. I understand it being alpha a lot of the features aren't present in the build. So I figured I'd place my wants here for the UI customization.

This pertains to each individual UI piece
    ---------------------------
    I would like to Scale everything to a smaller size

I would also like to be able to move each piece of UI around as I see fit

I would like to be able to remove elements such as the extra HP/MP/TP bars (this requires a little be of explaining) I would prefer to have the HP/MP/TP bar thats associated with the party window in the upper left hand corner, instead of the stand alone one in the lower center of the screen. Also if I move the Party UI window to say the Lower right hand corner it would be nice if the functionality switched from bottom to top instead of top to bottom. For example; once I move the window to the lower Right hand corner my HP/MP/TP bar will go to the bottom and when I add party members they would begin to add from bottom to top right above my HP/MP/TP bars.

I would like an option to show only debuffs I can cure when I hover over a party members bars in the party UI I would also like it if there names are highlighted in red (or maybe I can pick the color) when Party member's HP is low and blinking red when their health is critical (also an option to set specific percentages so each healer can set what is critical and what is low to them)
    Also I would like a party members HP bar to turn purple if they are debuffed such as poison etc. This will help my WHM out a lot when I need to stop Damage over time debuffs and heal according to who's in the most danger. Little things like this will aid with quick restoration and increase the output of healers. Some may need this others may not but they are options and it's the little things that count.

I would personally like to have one bar set for my button pressing spells and separate bars for spells I click so I would like to see separate 12 button action key UI windows that can be scaled individually, set to be horizontal or vertical, and placed anywhere on the screen individually. I'd have all my healing/buff spells clickable going vertical along side my party window so they are closer for speedy healing while my button pressing spells are damage dealing based and at the bottom center.

I would like to see a one button press to make the UI visible and none visible.

I think that's really it, any feed back from the community?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Vitra Crimsonash
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I'm just bumping the thread to see if I can get a dev response I'd still like to know what the community thinks as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Can't remember if it was the Gamescon or 25th Anniversary footage, but Yoshi-P was displaying how individual pieces of the UI can be moved around and resized to your liking. Hope that helps.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vitra Crimsonash
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Thanks I'll see if I can find the video
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ralos Mikorius
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    1.0 had scale-able UI pieces so I assume they're not going to take any steps backwards.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Great idea, Ralos!

I'll pass it along to Yoshi-P personally

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    The Alpha Videos have all been captured with the game running at a resolution of 960 x 540. And the game renders the UI as a 2D overlay. So yes the UI looks a little large in those videos but it's still acceptable. But at 1920x1080, they are far too small.

Here are some snapshots showing how the UI looks at 1920x1080. You'll notice it's hard to make out.

Being able to move and scale UI elements does NOT benefit the player in anyway. You just want to move stuff for the sake of customization. That is bad, and you will always find changing it has unintended side effects that often force a complete reset of the UI anyhow. The Devs have played this game already MUCH more than you have. They better understand it. Let them decide the UI layout.
    (0)
    Last edited by Laraul; 01-27-2013 at 03:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Spoony Bard
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    The Alpha Videos have all been captured with the game running at a resolution of 960 x 540. And the game renders the UI as a 2D overlay. So yes the UI looks a little large in those videos but it's still acceptable. But at 1920x1080, they are far too small.

Here are some snapshots showing how the UI looks at 1920x1080. You'll notice it's hard to make out.

Being able to move and scale UI elements does NOT benefit the player in anyway. You just want to move stuff for the sake of customization. That is bad, and you will always find changing it has unintended side effects that often force a complete reset of the UI anyhow. The Devs have played this game already MUCH more than you have. They better understand it. Let them decide the UI layout.
    Wait what?? lol How does being able to make a UI bigger/smaller and being able to move the pieces not benefit the player? If I am more comfortable with my hp bar at the top of the screen because that's where im used to looking?? or moving the hotbar to the left or right because that's where im used t o clicking.

I'm sorry that has got to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard.

Its like me saying -- No you're not supposed to drive with the mirrors where you can see other cars, I set them where they need to be and I've been driving longer so I know best. lol.... cant believe u said that lololol
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterJoint View Post
    Its like me saying -- No you're not supposed to drive with the mirrors where you can see other cars, I set them where they need to be and I've been driving longer so I know best. lol.... cant believe u said that lololol
    A better analogy would be the car dash. Do you need to customize it to use it adequately? Or can you spot the necessary information on your own? Now imagine if you could customize it. In fact everyone could. Would that benefit the driving population? Or would it waste everyone's time in the long run?

UI customization is a curiosity. It's far from necessary. You're human. You are able to adapt much better than you probably realize.
    (0)
    Last edited by Laraul; 02-04-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cindrie Estelloix
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post

Complete and utter hogwash. Moveable and scalable UI is pretty much a standard now. In MMOs you end up having to play many different ways and placing your UI to what is more comfortable and pleasing to you can really help in adapting. This is no single player game where you are directed to play according to how the game is designed.

MMOs are very different beasts then that. The UI needs to be adaptable to you, not the other way around. And the less the devs offer the more it invites players to find their own unlegit solutions. To boot.

To the OP, scalable should be there for sure as for showing and not showing certain windows I hope that's in too, especially since the disapearing UI like we had in 1.0 is gone now?!
    (1)
    Last edited by Cendres; 02-04-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Player
    Character
    Signy Ragnarok
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I stoped playing GW2 cause the UI there is not moveable... I have a res of 6000x1080 and the chat windows was on one side. it was giving me a neck pain going back and forward between monitors.

Go figure...
    (0)
    I'm the Princess of the Night~~

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast