Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Prims Delmonty
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I'm sure there are better features to implement than the <call> feature from XI.
    Calls were supposed to be used to alert party members to what a player was doing rather than making somebody come back from AFK.

In the regard of alerting other party members of what you are about to do, the new game is apparently fine
    But in regards to AFK players I'm confident the team can implement something for calling (hurr) back players who are AFK. I believe in some foreign lands these things are called 'pings'.
    (1)
    FFXIV economics - 'Stupid and demand'

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi-Roku View Post
    I'll make you a deal.

You can have gunblades if we can have Riflebhuj.
    Checka my game-face!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/93195-Show-your-Miqo-te-!!?p=1288461&viewfull=1#post1288461

Player
    Character
    Fluffy Pancake
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterJoint View Post
    See here is where u are wrong. The analogy I used was PERFECT for comparison sake. Your just saying that the dash is one because it better suits your opinion. Fact remains, being able to move and scale the UI the way YOU want too DOES benefit the player.

What if my eyesight is poor, are you going to tell me just deal with it because scaling the UI bigger wont benefit me? I really dont think you actually thought it through...

Ive been playing MMO's a VERY VERY long time and you're not gonna try to tell me that it doesn't benefit the player, because it does.

So go ahead, go drive that car of yours with the mirrors where the dealer put them because adjusting them to YOUR liking clearly wont have a benefit to you am i right??

lolol, wow!
    I agree with you, my eyesight is /terrible/, even with strong prescription glasses (gogo +10) I find myself squinting at tiny fonts and when I drawn I lean reeeeeeeeeeally close to the screen so I can see the details easier without having to zoom in too far.

Fully scalable UI will benefit me greatly (as it has done with other games that have a scalable UI), mostly the chatlog side of things so I can reed teh wurdz, but hell even minimaps and the like too!

I'm really excited to see what it's like~ blind peoples, represent! XD
    (1)

Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of another, always at the same time as an end and never simply as a means

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Well, the one people in my LS on whom we could maybe have used calls already mentioned that if there ARE player-controlled sound signals he's just going to play with the sound off anyway, which i'm fairly sure is a thing that'll happen to the 80% of the populace of the game, too.

So hopefully no calls so my friend can hear the game's great music
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Teramia Miraelis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsus View Post
    I agree with others in this thread, I would like a <call> for when we are doing content and someone doesn't react when we ask if everyone is here, or if everyone is ready, it happened in FFXI a lot when people went afk a few calls later they came back.

Perhaps a party leader only command so it doesn't get abused.
    What if it's the party leader that's afking? I've seen that a lot.
    (1)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone!

There were a few questions asking if there would be a feature where you can make sounds that other players can hear via macro or the chat log, similar to the "calls" from FINAL FANTASY XI; however, we currently do not have any plans to implement this kind of feature. The main reason why is that we will be setting the game up and making adjustments so that everyone can play smoothly without needing to rely on these kinds of sounds. However, if there are enough players that feel strongly about this feature, we will look into it again.

The Beta Test is right around the corner, so get amped and try out all of the new UI features when the time comes!
    Oh Camate! You're my fluffy hero! That was a long post!

I quoted the parts I liked the most. I wonder what sort of beauty this UI will be.
    (0)

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    A better analogy would be the car dash. Do you need to customize it to use it adequately? Or can you spot the necessary information on your own? Now imagine if you could customize it. In fact everyone could. Would that benefit the driving population? Or would it waste everyone's time in the long run?

UI customization is a curiosity. It's far from necessary. You're human. You are able to adapt much better than you probably realize.
    Its not "necessary' as in we won't die if we don't have it, but being able to tailor the UI to our liking increases our comfort level, and what is efficient for one person isn't necessarily efficient for the other. More options is *generally* (there are exceptions) a good thing.

Would that benefit the driving population?
    The problem with your statement here is customization isn't intended to benefit other people directly- its for your own benefit. However, if a certain layout is more efficient for you, other people can certainly feel the benefit. If people like things a certain way, who are you to say they shouldn't be able to have it? It's not like making the UI more flexible would reduce the content available to the game and such- the UI, the sound, the gameplay, the world, these things are all made by different people.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zen Valdis
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Calls Yes Please!........<Call7>
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zezlar View Post
    Sweet, so Square is going to go wake up our party members when they fall asleep during a 15 minute lockout.
    there no longer a 15min lock out for dungeon lol

Also please add call there is enough player that support it so not sure why it not something you want to add to start with.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Kio Solais
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    There were a few questions asking if there would be a feature where you can make sounds that other players can hear via macro or the chat log, similar to the "calls" from FINAL FANTASY XI; however, we currently do not have any plans to implement this kind of feature. The main reason why is that we will be setting the game up and making adjustments so that everyone can play smoothly without needing to rely on these kinds of sounds. However, if there are enough players that feel strongly about this feature, we will look into it again.
    Please reconsider implementing <Call> or /buzz feature. It is essential to have a method to grab attention of distracted players especially if they have other optional sound effects turned off in their settings (such as tell notice).
    (0)

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Please forgive me for saying so but, maybe they have all their notification sounds off because they don't want to be bothered. ^^;;;;;
    (1)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast