Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    What I think would be really fun would be if they were instanced. Mabe the npcs could attack and you the player just heal them and use doh/dol to aid in other ways. Maybe dol can gather invisible items from small pots and kite mobs fr 30 minutes non stop while crafters can craft the same item over and over again and turn them into an npc. Man this is starting to sound really exciting, they should def do this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by syntaxlies View Post
    What I think would be really fun would be if they were instanced. Mabe the npcs could attack and you the player just heal them and use doh/dol to aid in other ways. Maybe dol can gather invisible items from small pots and kite mobs fr 30 minutes non stop while crafters can craft the same item over and over again and turn them into an npc. Man this is starting to sound really exciting, they should def do this.
    Why would they need to be instanced? That would encourage the "not enough players" feeling and make making it dynamic, harder.
    And then I read the rest of your post and it sounds like you are trolling :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zafeira Zhalwann
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    you are trolling :/
    Trolling != Sarcasm
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyph View Post
    Trolling != Sarcasm
    In some cases it is. Specially when it isnt really offering useful to the thread (and is negative)

"Mabe the npcs could attack and you the player just heal them and use doh/dol to aid in other ways. Maybe dol can gather invisible items from small pots and kite mobs fr 30 minutes non stop while crafters can craft the same item over and over again and turn them into an npc. Man this is starting to sound really exciting, they should def do this."

is all the problems of the original hamlet. These are issues that should be addressed (not here) but shouldn't be automatically attributed to the OPs suggestion unless the OP suggested it.

"Oh you want flying?

I guess you also mean to include stupid ass content handed to you on a silver platter just like WoW."

No.. conversations shouldn't go like that.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    What if the hamlets where build really well and was made into mini city states that FCs ran and defended? now you got something...little cities that can be raided by mobs or other FCs that want the land for their GC! It would add a new twist to the game and make hamlet defense fun and lots a role playing ops opened up (for Role players)
    (2)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgo View Post
    What if the hamlets where build really well and was made into mini city states that FCs ran and defended? now you got something...little cities that can be raided by mobs or other FCs that want the land for their GC! It would add a new twist to the game and make hamlet defense fun and lots a role playing ops opened up (for Role players)
    FC owned hamlets? That may be too micro PvP for FFXIV (Yoshida said that he wont make PvP too front stage because he knows we are mostly lovely snurbles)

But it could be interesting to have fortified FC PvP (like building a FC house but.. a fortress instead). Definitely worth a thought.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    too front stage because he knows we are mostly lovely snurbles)
    lol better a snurble then a troll i guess XD
    (1)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    i hope it something like that, that was a nice open system for FFXI.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Typical Dynamic Event, loving it here in GW2... .

But i disagree on an Once a Month thinggie.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seirra_Lanzce; 11-30-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Leo Vanhalen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ZakarnRosewood View Post
    I have been mulling over the Hamlet defense stuff for a bit now, ever since Yoshi-P said something about them being like the F.A.T.E. (Full Active Time Event).

Here's the idea I had about Hamlet defense. If no one defends it then the hamlet falls and is either occupied or destroyed. If occupied, then we need to invade it to recapture. If destroyed then we need to evict them and rebuild. That could be mass content for the crafting classes, rebuild the town! give them more of a purpose than just equipment and personal houses. It would have to be a once a month thing or something like that, not an everyday occurrence.

I know it wouldnt be a simple as that but its a concept or idea that they could or maybe already have tossed around.

What would you guys think?

EDIT: Territory wars. Give GC bonuses for the people enlisted depending on how many hamlets they have or special items for sale using seals depending on how many they have. Also add in taking over beasment strongholds as an Invasion, sort of the proactive counterpart to he Hemlet Defense.
    Ummmmm..... Make hamlet a once a month thing?. Have u done it b4?. It takes a fucking long time to get ur seals already and now ur talking once a month?. I've gotten all i want from hamlet so it doesnt affect me but i still think its a horrid idea.

Caravans and hamlet for me were the two most boring things in the game. If anything, im interested in seeing how they'll try to make them enjoyable. hamlet was like a neccesary chore nd it was impossible to stomach more than 3 caravan runs. I'm happy that their changing them but im hoping its for the better.
    (0)
    Last edited by debola; 11-30-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast