Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Psion Crystallis
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    my gods, and to think... this is just the landscapes of the beginning of 2.0, when they're having to work overtime to create a bazillion (or 40) zones. Remember FFXI and how those landscapes looked, and how with each expansion we got, the landscapes just seemed to get more and more stunning? (other than abyssea :P)

Now imagine what future zones in ffxiv will look like with the dev team having more time to dedicate to them... @_@
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Vale Aeonslayer
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    *drool* *slurp*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luaq Otwelft
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 44
    Still have have to post that I am not happy with the 360 turn without moving it's feet as if the character was on a spinning plate and the fact that the moment the character stops walking the next frame it is standing. I need those two animations, head turning and animation between walking and standing, I need to see it in a video or I'll panic on that matter until the release, please make them, actually you already had them in the old version !!

Everything else is looking great. The dev team has done an amazing job, there's just these little missing animations that gives me a GuildWars feel that I don't want.

The only thing I'm scared of next is my computer running the game. Though the release isn't for so soon maybe I'll have time to put money in that PC of mine, since there are other games I want to play that'll need that upgrade anyways...
    (0)
    Last edited by Luaq; 11-29-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Blank Oath
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Beautiful.
    This really looks Final Fantasy. <3
    (4)

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Luaq View Post
    Still have have to post that I am not happy with the 360 turn without moving it's feet as if the character was on a spinning plate and the fact that the moment the character stops walking the next frame it is standing. I need those two animations, head turning and animation between walking and standing, I need to see it in a video or I'll panic on that matter until the release, please make them, actually you already had them in the old version !!

Everything else is looking great. The dev team has done an amazing job, there's just these little missing animations that gives me a GuildWars feel that I don't want.

The only thing I'm scared of next is my computer running the game. Though the release isn't for so soon maybe I'll have time to put money in that PC of mine, since there are other games I want to play that'll need that upgrade anyways...
    Damn it it's alpha! They've said multiple times animations are not complete
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    environmental sound effects and the BGM... OMG...
    (15)
    Last edited by Reinheart; 11-29-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Macki De'black
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I was wondering if its possible to raise the camera vertically.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Luaq View Post
    there's just these little missing animations that gives me a GuildWars feel that I don't want.
    Just the missing animations? Really? Thus far the whole zone is feeling a little too close to MMO tradition in both layout and feel.

The structures look good, the monsters look great, the unique doodads look great. But I feel like they've merely been added to a rather plain template. I feel like I'm seeing something I've seen before, and simply noting all the parts in it that look better. That might sound pretty good on its own, but honestly, I'd sooner have the unique quality as a whole...

The music seems to pull about the same standard ambiance as GW2, which isn't too surprising... Fitting, but almost sad that such is true... So far it seems to lack any power. Which can be good, at times...

But when I compare them to this << http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCAWkHvd6ok >> I don't get the feeling of a definitive or unique zone. I just hear k-string&wind builds.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rosalynne Hawethorne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    The world looks really nice, and this is just the alpha build. I love the lighting and shadows. Keep up the great progress, dev team!

Between the interviews being translated from some JP magazines and these videos we seem to be getting an increase in information, maybe the flood has started? Keep it coming
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Abriael Rosen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Gorgeous. I'm baffled that there are still people that try to nitpick, but i guess the "i know better!" syndrome is strong in this forum.

Shame on them.
    (6)
    Abriael Rosen - Paladin of Balmung

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast