Player
    Character
    Aitheria Crimson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantide View Post
    Yea, all those people under NDA who shouldn't be saying they got in because if they said so they would be removed from alpha and have their FFXIV suspended or something along those lines.
    if they got in their just a bunch of lucky basterds Q_Q/
    (0)

"Thy life is a river to bear rapture and sorrow
    To listen to suffer to entrust until tomorrow
    In one fleeting moment, from the land doth life flow
    Yet in one fleeting moment for the new leaf doth grow"

Player
    Character
    Momo Snugglebites
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKayla View Post
    if they got in their just a bunch of lucky basterds Q_Q/

Yea but I bet it would suck wanting to tell people and not being able to. XD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jak Sixx
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Patafix View Post
    I'm ok with not receiving mail. I'm not ok when people who quit the game long ago, that werent even there at the end of the world, received a mail (true story). Nice way to thank those players who sticked with the game all along since even before day 1. I'm just sad.
    Those are the same ppl they want in Alpha and beta.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Oleas Aiedail
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpyro View Post
    Those are the same ppl they want in Alpha and beta.
    Yea, Yoshi-P did say this...They wanted to get people who stopped playing into the Alpha and Beta...and people who never played the game at all as well. The people who stuck with it are unfortunately on the same list as people who didn't support the game. I get it...but it's frustrating as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pata Fihx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SirOleas View Post
    Yea, Yoshi-P did say this...They wanted to get people who stopped playing into the Alpha and Beta...and people who never played the game at all as well. The people who stuck with it are unfortunately on the same list as people who didn't support the game. I get it...but it's frustrating as well.
    Well I get this too, I can see what advantages it brings, but it still feels "unfair". Congrats to those who got in anyway.
    (0)

Portail de la linkshell et compagnie libre FinalSlash : http://www.finalslashxiv.com

Player
    Character
    Faris Leonhart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenka View Post
    I think the 800 player limit was per zone.

On the Alpha topic, even if people knew that only a small percentage could get in, they have all the right to be disappointed if things like what Patafix said are happening..
    800 which includes enemies as well :3 so mayb around 400~ players in each zone & they r trying to reach more numbers .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kenkh Pirrenka
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I kind of understand the logic behind getting the people who stopped playing to be in the Beta, since it will be closer to the finished product. I don't get it all that much for Alpha.. If they stopped playing 1.0 because they felt like it was a total mess, I don't think they will be willing to put as much effort on an alpha testing as most of the loyal players would.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SirOleas View Post
    Hm I wonder though...didn't we have to have an active paid account to sign up for the alpha? Or just an account? I don't really remember lol ; ;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Miss Wildfire
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
    Hm I wonder though...didn't we have to have an active paid account to sign up for the alpha? Or just an account? I don't really remember lol ; ;
    You're account needed to be active iirc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Oleas Aiedail
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona4me View Post
    800 which includes enemies as well :3 so mayb around 400~ players in each zone & they r trying to reach more numbers .
    Why are you guessing at numbers when we have the correct information right from Yoshi-P's mouth?

First off, we’ve managed to eliminate all the critical issues that surfaced due to heavy server stress, which is caused by an increase in players. So, right now, we’re safely running the game with around 800 people in a single zone.

This number applies not only to players, but enemies too. Here we have around 700, with 400 battles taking place simultaneously. That’s what we’re having our testers do right now. It’s come to light that the server becomes laggy when we go past the 800-player mark.

We’ve managed to identify the top 20 causes for this, and will be working to address the issues next week, along with all the bugs our alpha testers have submitted. We’ll temporarily stop alpha testing next week. The test has been taking place on two worlds already, and we’ll pick things up the week after for around five days. If everything looks okay, we’ll move to the global phase the week after that. We’ll probably be keeping the servers open 24 hours for our overseas players and for the aging test, and hope to have everyone participate from 11/26. We’re planning to give out a lot of accounts.
    (2)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast