Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Andrien View Post
    Jumping also looks good. I saw in this video, and other videos that they've jump over fences, rocks and ledges to get over obstacles, and to get from point A to point B faster.
    The jumping looks strange. You do not jump like that if you are moving forward. Most of the jumps in the video are just because the person at the controls couldn't keep his finger off the jump button.
    (7)

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupster View Post
    The jumping looks strange. You do not jump like that if you are moving forward. Most of the jumps in the video are just because the person at the controls couldn't keep his finger off the jump button.
    I've pointed out it is a feature they're most likely demoing. Look at it again and tell me they did not jump over fences, gates, rocks, etc. Go ahead and look for yourself, tell me if I'm wrong.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Aion Zwei
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    which mmo that implement jumping right? I need to take a look for comparison
    (3)
    Aion Zwei - Masamune

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Andrien View Post
    I've pointed out it is a feature they're most likely demoing. Look at it again and tell me they did not jump over fences, gates, rocks, etc. Go ahead and look for yourself, tell me if I'm wrong.
    I said most, as in, if he jumped 50 times in the video, more than 25 times was just because he could. Look at the video for the live letter and tell me those people are jumping to demo jumping and not because 100+ people together in one place will always look like pop-corn if people can jump.

My main problem is that I have trouble believing I'm playing a fantasy MMO and not Call of Duty if everybody is jumping around like a bean.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Matter Kun
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Real talk......

THE MUSIC IN THE BLACK SHROUD IS AMAZING!!! And it also reminds me of ffxii's soundtrack which is very nostalgic to me :<

I love every bit of it! I also like the fading silence and subtle music changing that it almost seems natural...
    Please keep those awesome features with the music!!! Plus the music fits the areas so well so they would probably have to keep the features in to make it seem so natural and perfect! Keep on workin SE and i cannot wait to be in alpha / beta!!!
    (14)
    Last edited by Matter; 11-22-2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Addition

Player
    Character
    Aion Zwei
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 54
    I said most, as in, if he jumped 50 times in the video, more than 25 times was just because he could. Look at the video for the live letter and tell me those people are jumping to demo jumping and not because 100+ people together in one place will always look like pop-corn if people can jump.

My main problem is that I have trouble believing I'm playing a fantasy MMO and not Call of Duty if everybody is jumping around like a bean.
    so in this Call of Duty game...everybody is jumping around like a bean? sounds fun
    (5)
    Aion Zwei - Masamune

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Spectacular work, devs!
    (4)

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Unfortunately that is your problem, not mine. I guess I should feel sorry for the emotional discomfort this has caused you.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Jump jump jump jump jump jump.

Jumping seems to serve almost no purpose except to make me wonder why somebody is jumping. I was going to wait to complain until I saw how nervous players would be, but after seeing the Live Letter and now even this video where the PR rep can't keep from jumping, I must say that I really hate the jumping. It is really distracting. It looks bad (one should jump differently if one is running vs. standing still). It also seems like it will actually be unneeded to actually get anywhere.

The jumping needs to be fixed.
    Well the video did demonstrate that you could jump over the fence in one area. I was quite pleased with this.
    Jumping doesn't bother me as much as the lack of momentum in the animations. Plus I would hope that the jumping animation would occasionally switch between 2 styles of jumping, the variety would break up the monotony of jumping.

As for Producer Live video, I am fairly certain they were jumping on purpose! They said they were doing stress testing in Alpha. And having a bunch of ppl on the screen at once and jumping constantly is a very good test for the server.
    Doing this creates a huge amount of data from all players currently in the scene that needs to be sent to all players currently in the area! The server did it without a hitch! Alot of times servers will choke with such behavior because they can't keep up with all the player movement happening at the same time at the same place.
    When this happens you start seeing lag, characters skip around and animations don't complete correctly. How many of us seen the sliding of characters stuck in the crafting animation, or just instantly teleport to one place to another?

What did concern me about the Producer Live video was how some characters would pop in and out of being visible. I was unsure if it was the client only displaying X amount of characters on the screen, the server having a bit of trouble rendering all the players or updating them, or lastly if it was just players changing equipment.

Now I know gear sets change quite fluidly without hesitation, but it kinda looked the way they were popping that they were changing equipment like in 1.0. *shrugs* Regardless, it still was a impressive amount of ppl on screen at once with no slowdown!
    (8)
    Last edited by Linkurrra; 11-22-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: An unfortunate typo where I typed "humping" instead of "jumping" /sigh

Player
    Character
    Macus Blakkstarr
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    lol anubody notice the water spell for conjurer is back yay so cnj now has earth wind water spells. whm can now officially nuke and heal, gotta love it. >
    (2)

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast