Player
    Character
    Grand Muse
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by casker View Post
    Just stopping to say the animation is still godawful. Fix it please.

A lot of the areas look pretty great though. I love the autumn leaves and the architecture.

But yeah. FIX THE DAMN ANIMATION
    The animations are still the same as 1.0 based on Hyur and Miqote race. I don't see any difference with how the animation running movement compared to 1.0, besides the instant stop after running and coming to a stop which 1.0 does it better compared to alpha.

Only difference here is the running is on locked mode. The jumping animation combine with the running and stopping and running jump makes it looks like it's choppy because there's few frames added to the animation.

Only thing i notice difference is because this time around there's jumping and so far they haven't added extra frames for that which makes it looks a tiny tad stiffed. But other than that, it's still damn good.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiros Forsa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupster View Post
    I think you didn't quite understand what I meant. You said "This is your problem not mine" as if I wanted you to feel the same way I do. I'm not trying to convince players that do not see a problem. If it doesn't bother you I cannot make it bother you and I wouldn't. However, if I can suggest things to make it better you might notice that it is better, even if you didn't think anything was wrong before.

Mainly, I'd like to see the animation improved and possibly I'd like it to not be possible to jump again right away. I'd also like to see an option to turn off the ability to see other players jump.

I'd appreciate it if we could talk about the merits of these kinds of ideas (which I'm not absolutely fixated on) instead of trying to imagine some mental defect I must have because this bothers me enough to ask about it.
    Ermm you realize it would make even more jarring for you then, it would have people either sliding places or up 90 degree angles or even just teleporting. Thats a stupid suggestion. Everything else isn't a bad suggestion. but if you complain about it jarring you, the effect of not seeing the jump will be at least 3x as jarring.

edit: lol still my opinion but realized funny enough someone already did this exact thing and has already been answered >.<!!!
    (3)
    Last edited by Xmbei; 11-22-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    Xeto Milanti Bei

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Totorixiii View Post
    The animations are still the same as 1.0 based on Hyur and Miqote race. I don't see any difference with how the animation running movement compared to 1.0, besides the instant stop after running and coming to a stop which 1.0 does it better compared to alpha.
    I was going to say I disagreed and that there were more changes, but after looking at the live letter again, I'm going to have to say I'm not sure. This latest video is too simple to make any judgement on because all they do is run forward and use mouselook (which skates the characters feet).

I cannot wait to run a character through her paces so I can make proper complaints instead of speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Xmbei View Post
    Ermm you realize it would make even more jarring for you then, it would have people either sliding places or up 90 degree angles or even just teleporting. Thats a stupid suggestion. Everything else isn't a bad suggestion. but if you complain about it jarring you, the effect of not seeing the jump will be at least 3x as jarring.

edit: lol still my opinion but realized funny enough someone already did this exact thing and has already been answered >.<!!!
    No problem. I'm beginning to think I'll just get used to it even if people abuse it. I just love the game that much. But at some point I know I'll want to blacklist somebody's jumping the same way you can blacklist their emotes.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ast Rid
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Totorixiii View Post

Only difference here is the running is on locked mode. The jumping animation combine with the running and stopping and running jump makes it looks like it's choppy because there's few frames added to the animation.

Only thing i notice difference is because this time around there's jumping and so far they haven't added extra frames for that which makes it looks a tiny tad stiffed. But other than that, it's still damn good.
    Look again bro. The entire movement system is totally different, that's why they made new animations that don't even work the same way as the old ones. And the new ones suck. For example, instead of turning and running 180 in 1.0, you now just backtrack. All of those turning animations are gone because the movement paradigm is totally different. The only thing that might look similar is the running forward, and it's stiff as hell now. And yes, all of the transitions are choppy as all hell including rebounding after a jump.

The quality level it's at now is not exceptable or anywhere near what it was in 1.0, new movement paradigm or not.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sakasa Kuro
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    Quote Originally Posted by Diyne View Post
    This is only able to be done in the Limsa Lominsa area, to my knowledge
    Only in certain areas but the majority of fences are solid just like random hills in Thanalan you can just phase up on.
    (0)
    Mitsuda Yasunori + Soken Masayoshi Track Collaboration 2015! <The Dream>

Player
    Character
    Moon Keeper
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I love the music i can just image me logging or fishing and be like what time is it oh my its late. I think they spaming jump a lot because lot of u people were crying for it, they didnt really wanted to waste there time on a simple thing but they did anyhow to make u guys happy but they rubbing it in ur face for it
    (0)
    Let my Fishing people go! At least make fishing a second class one for boring and other for hardcore Fishers!

Player
    Character
    Zak Strayder
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 53
    OMG! congratulations Yoshi and Team, the game now has that Final fantasy feeling that all other games have! ..and the music...just gorgeous!! now, this IS a Final Fantasy game..
    (4)
    Last edited by LuxLux; 11-22-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by MoonKeeperr View Post
    I think they spaming jump a lot because lot of u people were crying for it, they didnt really wanted to waste there time on a simple thing but they did anyhow to make u guys happy but they rubbing it in ur face for it
    Nah, I think it is because the jump button is like crack. You can't hit it just once.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Coyohma Aerra
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmbei View Post
    The vast majority of the jumping you'll see will not be functional jumping. There are about 35 instances in this video where the character jumps, yet only one appears to have been needed (Miqo'te jumping the fence at 2:17). Also, you already had a lot of fences and solid objects that you could just walk through in 1.0. Given this, I fail to see how it's not an idea worth considering.

Personally, I would trade not seeing 9 out of 10 extraneous jumps for a person walking through a fence that has to be jumped. I imagine the former as easily more "jarring."
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zoey Rose
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I agree that they should not have gotten rid of the momentum of the old animations, but honestly, while I'm watching, I don't notice them too much. I know about them but I feel like while I'm playing they will simply disappear from the foreground of my mind. Everything else is soooo phenomenal! I just feel like the animations of the old game being lost simply isn't a big deal.

As for jumping... I can't help but feel like they are jumping to show it off to anyone who is new to FF14, and may not know about it. Also, I wouldn't mind a running jump animation, but really it's no big deal. I do, however, hope they have little obstacles that you have to jump to and from to continue in a dungeon or, even simpler, a place you found through exploration....must to make the jump feel that much more useful. It would be beyond my wildest dreams if they implemented a good way to use it in a primal fight or something similar, but nothing too too crazy.
    (0)

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast