Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilhem View Post
    They were introduced with Rise of the Zilart...infact I don't think they were used much after that :/ Which is a shame cause it was funny watching them gut you for 5k damage based on your built up rancor
    Eh 5k is for hate resetters, I never reset my tonberry hate in XI not once, Everyones grudge would do 7-8k, and Everyones rancor would hit me for 17k+, I suffered many grudge oneshots and refused to wipe my hate, real men don't reset hate.

If when they add tonberrys I really hope they have a hate system for them, it was so much fun wondering where your hate was just to get oneshotted.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Isaac Ven
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Release Tonberrys in a very Dark zone.

FF12 tower/basement was super dark. Would be nice to see them in there without the lamp on when there none argoo of course. Also none targeting till nearby. Make them jump scare players into a fight.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    being one shoted by a tonberry whould let people in your party know what you've been doing in your free time, or it was that way in FFXI lol I got my hate up there by lvling on tonberries (lol it can be done!) and never reset hate..
    (1)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon
    Credit goes to Denmo and Nique from Masamune for this art :3

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgo View Post
    being one shoted by a tonberry whould let people in your party know what you've been doing in your free time, or it was that way in FFXI lol I got my hate up there by lvling on tonberries (lol it can be done!) and never reset hate..
    You deserve a "like" for being one of a small race of none hate resetters, welcome my brother, to the cult of tonberry murderers, you can get your ceremonial chef's knife over there.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsus View Post
    You deserve a "like" for being one of a small race of none hate resetters, welcome my brother, to the cult of tonberry murderers, you can get your ceremonial chef's knife over there.
    thanks bro! people always looked at me weird when i help people with something in the Den of rancor knowing if i stepped to close to a tonberry i would bring doom onto the party lol yeah it was that bad all would come for me when one saw me lol
    (0)
    "I care nothing about who dominates the land, For me and my brethren will forever rule the skies." Forgo the Forgotten Dragoon

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgo View Post
    thanks bro! people always looked at me weird when i help people with something in the Den of rancor knowing if i stepped to close to a tonberry i would bring doom onto the party lol yeah it was that bad all would come for me when one saw me lol
    Same here, most fun was when I was fighting a NM with my ls and I pulled hate just when he used Everyone's Rancor, that was at least 17k damage we had a good laugh at that one.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aitheria Crimson
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    can't we just jump over a tonberry to avoid throat stab o_o? they are kinda short... poor lalas couldn't clear it though :<
    (0)

"Thy life is a river to bear rapture and sorrow
    To listen to suffer to entrust until tomorrow
    In one fleeting moment, from the land doth life flow
    Yet in one fleeting moment for the new leaf doth grow"

Player
    Character
    Rui Oran
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 76
    They....they were in more FFs than just XI..

I'd like to see Tonberries though. But we're getting a shitton of FF mobs as is. I don't mind them holding off Tonberries for one of the later expansions or something.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Grand Muse
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 71
    It be cool if Tonberry civilization gets introduce in future expansion as a 2nd main story tide into the expansion main plot.
    Heck, it be even better if there will be an add-on based on Tonberry storyline.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Forgo Tego
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruisu View Post
    They....they were in more FFs than just XI..

I'd like to see Tonberries though. But we're getting a shitton of FF mobs as is. I don't mind them holding off Tonberries for one of the later expansions or something.
    FF VII FF VIII FF IX to name a few and they rocked those games, if you ran into a tonberry to low game over lol
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast