Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Terak Alonia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

FFXIV-1 reopens servers Nov 21 (tomorrow)

Are you going to get back in the old game? If so, are you just spinning your wheels until Alpha opens on the 26th or trying to finish the end game? Personally I am probably just going to hang out and see if anyone shows up on my ls.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Terak Alonia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    If you missed it, this is the message on Lodestone:
    A date for the game server restoration announced in the thirty-sixth Letter from the Producer has now been scheduled.

Server Restoration Date
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 0:00 (PST)

* Login numbers will be measured at the end of each month. In the event that numbers drop below 30%, the servers will be shut down once more. An announcement will be made at that time.

Login Requirements
    Only players with service accounts that have a listed “End Date” of September 30 (Sunday), 2012 or later (including free periods) are eligible to log in.
    * To confirm the “End Date” for your service account, please visit the Square Enix Account Management System site and click Select Service under Service and Options, then select FINAL FANTASY XIV.

Link: Square Enix Account Management System

Game Content
    Game content will be rolled back to Patch 1.23b (released on Thursday, September 13).
    Selected updates made from Thursday, November 11 onwards will remain unaffected:

Increase in anima recovery rate
    Reduction of all gear repair costs to 1 gil
    Chance to obtain job-specific weapons on login for players who logged out in an inn room
    Relaxed requirements for participating in “Bowl of Embers (Extreme),” and for undertaking the quests “To Kill a Raven” and “Living on a Prayer”

A Note on Character Data
    Any progress made after November 1, 2012, including progress made following the restoration of game servers on November 21, 2012, will not carry over to A Realm Reborn.

Support Services
    Support services will be available for all issues, excluding those that concern item restoration or in-game bugs.
    * Please make a support enquiry if you are unable to play despite fulfilling the login requirements, or if you are experiencing trouble with character data that existed prior to the world servers going offline.

The Forums
    In keeping with the policy outlined in Support Services above, the In-Game Bugs category in the forums will be locked.
    * All other categories will remain open for posting.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aedan Yarborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    I might take the time to fraps all the cutscenes from the journal in the inn.

Player
    Character
    Syran Roko
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdndv View Post
    Are you going to get back in the old game? If so, are you just spinning your wheels until Alpha opens on the 26th or trying to finish the end game? Personally I am probably just going to hang out and see if anyone shows up on my ls.
    Without game progression being saved, the average population of players online at any one time is going to be extremely low...
    That in itself is enough to keep me away.
    I think a lot of players have already found other things to occupy their free time with. A lot of people I know are already playing other games.

I just don't see the point.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ronberku Vantarius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    I might take the time to fraps all the cutscenes from the journal in the inn.
    ^ This

And I'll also try and help my friend in completing the meteor storyline. Even if things don't get saved, at least he would have seen and lived it through his own eyes. Might even do the same thing with random people.
    (1)
    My gallery of regulart art and random drawings: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/10502152/1/New%20sketchbook?h=7762c3

Player
    Character
    Quesse Mithril
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    I might go on a tour, taking some final 1.0 snaps but that's about it.

No point in playing further. Not sure what people will be doing. Sitting around in Uldah doing nothing most likely.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sa'hana Zhralyia
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    May log in for awhile just to greet a few people. Lately I've turned my attention to TERA (DON'T LAUGH!) to tide me over until 2.0 arrives. Game's bad, so bad... But I like the combat. *shrug*
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ronberku Vantarius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihana View Post
    May log in for awhile just to greet a few people. Lately I've turned my attention to TERA (DON'T LAUGH!) to tide me over until 2.0 arrives. Game's bad, so bad... But I like the combat. *shrug*
    Wait? There's combat? I thought it was all about the scantilly dressed characters and bouncing breasts o_O? Jokes asides(and I admit that the gameplay is fun), I don't expect the servers to remain open for many months. The last week after the final save only consisted of a very limited amount of people standing around uldah. With only there being a peak in population during JP prime time.
    (0)
    My gallery of regulart art and random drawings: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/10502152/1/New%20sketchbook?h=7762c3

It's going to fall below 30% after the first week so quickly.
    (0)

Player

I wasn't intending to come on at all, but as I have decided to learn the keyboard controls after using the controller since launch, this would be a great opportunity to do so. Also a chance to invite people I missed before to the Straylight L.S web site.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast