Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Aro Mephista
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70

One time password Authenticator - Mobile App?

Hello

This is just a general idea i've picked up from the Battle.net mobile authenticator app
    (Haters gonna hate WoW so sod off and troll somewhere else your input is neither needed nor appreciated)

I think something like this would be rather nifty for our Square-Enix accounts i'm not to sure about the rest of you but i lost mine once and it was a serious pain in the arse to cancel it via the phone - And there is always the possiblity of the fob running out of battery power, i think a mobile phone Authenticator app would be a good move for SE as 99.99% of us always have our phone on / near our persons.

Sorry if a thread like this already exsits... SE are always banging on about extra protection for our FFXI / FFXIV accounts and i just thought that maybe this could be doable

Post up what you guys think, Good idea, Bad idea ?

Thanks

This is what the iPhone / Android version of the Battle.net authentication app looks like
    (48)
    Last edited by Lollerblades; 04-20-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Brin Zalazar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Love the idea. I would use it if I had the mobile phone app.
    (2)
    Work To Game on YouTube [Guides, and More]...
    https://www.youtube.com/c/worktogamevideos

Host on AetheryteRadio... Boom City!
    Petition for Microsoft to allow XIV with cross system play:
    https://www.change.org/p/phil-spence...atform-servers

Player
    Character
    Synyster Mugiwara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'm sorry but your input is not needed nor appreciated kk thx bye
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aro Mephista
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SynysterBlitz View Post
    I'm sorry but your input is not needed nor appreciated kk thx bye
    Haha i just had this feeling people would just be negative because it's battle.net - The thread isn't about WoW just the general idea of a one time password mobile app
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    yes i've been asking this since release! You can search for it in this very general forums!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Synyster Mugiwara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollerblades View Post
    Haha i just had this feeling people would just be negative because it's battle.net - The thread isn't about WoW just the general idea of a one time password mobile app
    Nah I wasn't saying that because its WoW, or battlenet.. just cause it was the only bolded words lol.. but I do agree it would be a good addition, but SE likes to make money off those tokens.. but would be a good move to make tokens more accessible via mobile app.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aro Mephista
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by SynysterBlitz View Post
    Nah I wasn't saying that because its WoW, or battlenet.. just cause it was the only bolded words lol.. but I do agree it would be a good addition, but SE likes to make money off those tokens.. but would be a good move to make tokens more accessible via mobile app.
    I love to emphasise
    They could charge for the app i'd still rather use that than a fob..

Quote Originally Posted by Seirra_Lanzce View Post
    yes i've been asking this since release! You can search for it in this very general forums!
    We should start a campaign !!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aaran Oni
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollerblades View Post
    Hello

This is just a general idea i've picked up from the Battle.net mobile authenticator app
    (Haters gonna hate WoW so sod off and troll somewhere else you're input is neither needed nor appreciated)

I think something like this would be rather nifty for our Square-Enix accounts i'm not to sure about the rest of you but i lost mine once and it was a serious pain in the arse to cancel it via the phone - And there is always the possiblity of the fob running out of battery power, i think a mobile phone Authenticator app would be a good move for SE as 99.99% of us always have our phone on / near our persons.

Sorry if a thread like this already exsits... SE are always banging on about extra protection for our FFXI / FFXIV accounts and i just thought that maybe this could be doable

Post up what you guys think, Good idea, Bad idea ?

Thanks

This is what the iPhone / Android version of the Battle.net authentication app looks like
    The problem i have with this idea is that when your phone needs to be restored or that somehow you lose your app, you have to go through hell in order to get access to your account again. Happened to me twice in WOW and i never used this app again, i rather be hacked. Unless they make it so that this won't happen in XIV, make it that you can use your e-mail account to reset that app or something, i don't want it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dashe Voln
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I've been wanting one of these since launch, and I'm sure countless others have been as well. As much as I love the giant thing of plastic on my keys, I misplace those much much much (emphasis on much) more often than my phone.
    (3)

XI: Shadowtaru (Alexander) Manifest (Shiva) Volnaru (Asura)
    1.0: Delirium Impulse (Mysidia Gungnir)
    ARR: Dashe Herate (Sargatanas) Dashe Voln (Excalibur)

Player

The phone that is able to download an app is by definition online and therefore can be hacked/compromised/etc. Your keychain can't.

Never underestimate the security of an air gap.
    (1)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast