Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61

How would like PvP to be?

"How would YOU like PvP to be" messed up in the title^^' sorry
    Infos:

ChinaJoy 2012 interview

Q: What about PvP?
    A: There will not be open PvP/ PK, and both players must mutually agree to a PvP match. Final Fantasy XIV will be the first game in the franchise to have a “meaningful” PvP system, hence I urge players to try it out.

Q: Is it fair to say the PvP in Final Fantasy XIV is somewhat similar to World of Warcraft’s?
    A: We will have a PvP arena, which is similar to the one found in World of Warcraft. Our PvP team members played many matches in World of Warcraft. Personally, I am a player of Dark Age of Camelot, a PvP-centric MMO.

So we know there will be a PvP arena and noopen PvP/PK.
    Further XIV PvP shall be the first "meaningful" PvP system in MMORPG's.

I am not sure what "meaningful" could mean, but it may be involve the Primal as you can summon them as a free company if you aquire one.
    It could mean even more!

My personal "wishes" are to be able to climb a ladder, and a tournament like system would be nice with player spectators and a gambling/bidding system

But what about you? what would you like to see? what would you hate to see?
    Your opinion matters! so write it down!
    (0)
    Last edited by GinTama; 11-19-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I would like to see PvP with it's own zone with it's own rules leaving PvE alone. The few games I have played, developers nerfed classes for PvP because their damage was too high. This made them less effective in PvE as well. It should only be changed for a specific zone.

I would hate to see really good gear coming from PvP events. I hate fighting players, it always amounts to the same thing, being a cheap as possible. If good gear came out of this, it would force me to have to pvp to get the gear.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinrya-Geki View Post
    I would like to see PvP with it's own zone with it's own rules leaving PvE alone. The few games I have played, developers nerfed classes for PvP because their damage was too high. This made them less effective in PvE as well. It should only be changed for a specific zone.

I would hate to see really good gear coming from PvP events. I hate fighting players, it always amounts to the same thing, being a cheap as possible. If good gear came out of this, it would force me to have to pvp to get the gear.
    yoshi-p said that PVP would be out of the way of PVE. PVP would also have it own spells and gear to help you do better in PVP and also help the fact that having it own spell help pve players not get nerf spells due to pvp.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Strawberry Dragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61

Very good point! i would hate to see PvP effect XIV environment outside PvP like the nerfing of classes you mentioned.

Of course purpose of PvP is being competitive but you should not get gear from PvP that puts pressure on others to do the same.

For starters a trophy or a title would be nice to get!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Strawberry Dragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    yoshi-p said that PVP would be out of the way of PVE. PVP would also have it own spells and gear to help you do better in PVP and also help the fact that having it own spell help pve players not get nerf spells due to pvp.
    but would'nt prepared gear, take a little bit of fun out of PvP? Since i see alot of players wanting to compare their gear.

Maybe a system where you can do both, either gladiator like with preset armor, weapons and spells.
    And a raw battle between real armor and weapons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by GinTama View Post
    but would'nt prepared gear, take a little bit of fun out of PvP? Since i see alot of players wanting to compare their gear.

Maybe a system where you can do both, either gladiator like with preset armor, weapons and spells.
    And a raw battle between real armor and weapons.
    The PVP gear is to help you fight in PVP seeing how PVE is more helping yourself do better for your team while pvp is more helping only yourself kill others if you understand me like AF how it base on helping your spell to make you do better in a team.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Strawberry Dragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    The PVP gear is to help you fight in PVP seeing how PVE is more helping yourself do better for your team while pvp is more helping only yourself kill others if you understand me like AF how it base on helping your spell to make you do better in a team.
    pvp gear would make everyone equal in terms of gear. but not everyone would like that, as you can custemize your gear with materia. alot of peaople would prefer to use their own gear.

so i think being able to do both would be fair.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by GinTama View Post
    pvp gear would make everyone equal in terms of gear. but not everyone would like that, as you can custemize your gear with materia. alot of peaople would prefer to use their own gear.

so i think being able to do both would be fair.
    I never said you can't do both it just that they going to add PVP gear also so people can add materia and stuff to it and reward pvp gear also i'm guessing for getting lot of point in the BG like how wow does it maybe lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I'd like it to be non-existent personally. But since it won't I'll have to make a rollface group I guess.

It'll be unbalanced like every other game anyway.
    (1)
    Draw swords and shatter shields with us!
    Apply to Neutral Impact today!

http://www.impact-gaming.us

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    This x100 to the 10000th power. Jinrya-Geki just described what made me quit GW2. If you attach too much good rewards to PvP people will stop doing PvE after a certain level and we won't have many people out doing high level FATEs which makes them turns them into Sad And Lonely Events (SALEs)
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast