Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90

How to make the "Casters" Unique.

Black Mage
    All Elemental spells and ancient magic spells. All aga spells are aoe on their own, but when casting tier 1 spells to 2 to 3 they become single target spells. All spell bonus effected by Intelligence similar to Thunder > Thundara.

Ancient magic spells become high damage spells, all enfeeble effects removed. Freeze changed to Blizzaga keeping the enmity drop effect when comboed with Blizzard>blizzara>blizzaga, while freeze is added to be a high damage spell.

Fifteen Ability changed to "Manafont" spells cost 0 mp.

White Mage
    Loses elemental spells but gains Banish line and new holy line spells. Heals work in combos such as cure to cura gives a high cure over time effect. Cura cool down becomes slightly longer, by 10 seconds, but with 2 healers, it will allow them to rest a few. Heal effect should last 10 seconds and every 2 seconds should be a cura amount heal.

Red Mage
    Weapon- rapiers

Dual cast will make this job different. Dual cast itself on Red Mage will be a small cooldown such as 10 seconds or less. Select Poison then fire, dual casting makes it "Dark Fire". It hits the target and makes it have a burn effect. Poison's cooldown is now extended. This way enfeebles like stun can't be abused.

Casting Dual cast and doing two of the same spells will cast "en-type" onto your sword. So two drains, you get en-drain and absorb hp with each hit. Maybe have an ability to make this aoe on all your team mates.

Fifteen ability "Chainspell" No cool-downs, all spells dual-casted, all enfeebles effects become unresistable.

Time Mage
    Weapon- Hourglasses

All time spells eclusive to time mage. Comboing time spells such as Haste > Hastega will make Hastega single target, and make it's cooldown longer. The good side is it not only make that target physically faster,but cooldowns faster to all abilities. Combo spells will not work on other time mages to prevent abuse.

Offensive spells Comet and Comet 2. Both single target, but when comboed comet 2 becomes aoe multiple comets.

Fifteen minute ability "Restart" All teammates abilties reset to 0, execpt other time mages.

Summoner
    Seems pretty unqiue so far from what info we have.

Blue Mage
    Weapons- Scimitars

Uses enemy abilities learned via fighting mobs, for those who don't know.

Copy/Paste from FFXI. Mixing certain abilities to get certain attributes was very cool. I would like to see that in this game.

Dual sword-user, certain spells require TP as well as MP.

Fifteen Ability "Blue Lore" automatically/temporarily switches all your abilities in your action bar to blue magic spells that specifically do the most damage and enfeebles attacks the mob is most suscepitible to.

Spell Lists revision___________________________________________
    Black Mage All Elemental spells.
    Ancient magic spells changed to high damage lose enfeebles.
    Manafont

White Mage-
    Banish
    Banishga
    Holy
    Holy 2
    Mega Holy (Current Holy) waste all mp to use this one.

Red Mage
    Dual-cast
    Chainspell (Fifteen ability)
    Poison
    Stun
    Paralyze
    Blind
    Silence
    Fira
    Watera
    Thundara
    Aerora
    Stonera
    Blizzara
    Cura

Time Mage
    Restart (Fifteen ability)
    Comet
    Comet 2
    Haste
    Hastega
    Slow
    Slowga
    Stop
    Old (See Final Fantays 5)

Blue Mage
    Restricted to what the developers want.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jinrya-Geki; 11-18-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Character
    Saskia Sinwolf
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 65
    Umm no. I dont want that shit all over again sorry lol.
    If you want blm and whm and all those others to be like that XI still exists you know...

I refuse to be a whm that just heals and buffs 24/7 I like my elemental spells tyvm ^_^
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    It's not just heals it has banish and holy line spells that replace aero and stone spells. So you really lose nothing.

The way I made red mage is nothing like FFXI.

Unfortunately you can't make blue mage different from how it was in other games.

Same with time mage, all you can do is make it spells exclusive.
    (0)

Character
    Saskia Sinwolf
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 65
    yea do you remember holy and banish in xi they didnt do crap and when would anyone ask you to use those?
    If I started tossing those out I'd get yelled at to heal and buff.
    On here, I have survivabilty, I'm not a squishy whm. and blm would be too OP on FFXIV with manafont, you know?

Just saying both your description of whm and blm is straight out of xi and I'm sure I cant be the only one who doesnt want a rehashed jobs.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    It would be different in this game since they would just be aero/stone replaced. Unless you fight a holy enemy, which is very rare, not many enemies will resist divine damage spells. You wouldn't just be healing you could do damage as well.

And Manafont wouldn't be over powered at all, it's what black mage should have had for a fifteen minute ability, burst is terrible.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thunderz Canadia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    Umm no. I dont want that shit all over again sorry lol.
    If you want blm and whm and all those others to be like that XI still exists you know...

I refuse to be a whm that just heals and buffs 24/7 I like my elemental spells tyvm ^_^

I see where your priorities are as a white mage...
    (3)
    Last edited by Thunderz; 11-18-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I don't even get how replacing aero/stone spells with Banish/Holy is so bad. Obviously it would be different from how it is in FFXI, because it doesn't have a combo system in which this game does.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thunderz Canadia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    WHM having elemental spells is dumb it should go to blm

I just don't like the extra CD on combo cura, Tanks defense in this game is only as good as how much HP they have... which can be a pain to heal through with higher cool downs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Which it would good to have a time mage in the part, so they can haste the white mage so it's cool downs would be decreased by a hastega combo.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I don't mean to sound rude, but you seem to have completely ignored the fact that the class system in this game is designed to return Final Fantasy to it's roots. They are trying to bring utility back from the abyss.

Please go play more Final Fantasy games.
    (5)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast