Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderz View Post
    I see where your priorities are as a white mage...
    What is the point of playing a class that is totally useless without help?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kouji Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 58
    well in most FF whm had no offensive spells besides holy unless they were part summoner or part blm. but for an example rosa from ff4 pure whm no aero, stone, or water.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thunderz Canadia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiote View Post
    I don't mean to sound rude, but you seem to have completely ignored the fact that the class system in this game is designed to return Final Fantasy to it's roots. They are trying to bring utility back from the abyss.

Please go play more Final Fantasy games.
    Give some feedback or you get out

What is the point of playing a class that is totally useless without help?
    You don't make sense
    (0)
    Last edited by Thunderz; 11-18-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I don't mean to sound rude, but you seem to have completely ignored the fact that the class system in this game is designed to return Final Fantasy to it's roots. They are trying to bring utility back from the abyss.

The problem with the system is that every class will be identical at one point. How can you tell the difference between Thaumturge, conjurer, white mage, and red mage when they all have heals, they can all raise, and they can all damage deal, and they enfeeble?

White mage will stand out only because it's heals and raises are vastly superior to the others.

You have to have the jobs be unique otherwise why would you want red mage, or classes over one that can do better than others. You need to have jobs that are unique to each other.

The way I made the jobs are back to their roots, except red mage. The way I made it makes it unique, rather than make a 3rd job that is similar to 3 others already. Take away the enfeebles from Blm/Thm/Whm/Cjn to have a reason to have a red mage in your party. The same falls with Time Mage.

I played Final Fantasy 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 Tatics
    (0)
    Last edited by Jinrya-Geki; 11-18-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Player
    Character
    Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I would like to see Geomancer!

Can use the environment to attack the enemy. Either through elemental spells or physical rocks, fire, ice etc.
    The strengths of the spell would largely be dependent on the environment and weather effect.

Once you get to 45-50 spells will be learned to summon spells that that are not usually casted in that area. like Ice and water in Desert areas, Lighting without clouds in the sky etc.

I'd like to see something a little more threatening than the weapon of "Cow Bell" but if we have to stick to canon so be it! lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Forgot about Geomancer, yeah it would be awesome to add. Though it's ability list would be very short.

Weapon- Bells
    Spells listed from Tatics
    Pitfall
    Waterball
    Hell's Ivy
    Carve Model
    Local Quake
    Kamaitachi
    Demon's Fire
    Quicksand
    Snowstorm
    Gusty Wind
    Lava Pit

Fifteen Ability "Gaia's protection" Party/Alliance becomes impervious to all attacks for a short duration.

Gaia's Wrath- Next Geomancy spell damage is greatly increased. 5 minute recast

Terrain Walker- 1 minute aoe buff that allows the party to ignore floor damage for 2 minutes. Pefect form AV, and it forces people to have to pay attention or they might die.

Gaia's Cloak- Invisible/Sneak similar to Spectral Dance for Dancer's in FFXI.

Geomancy would have to work like black magic spells. If they were random like FF5 or Tatics or area based then you might end up healing the boss which no one would want.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Luca Abbot
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KoujiGeki View Post
    well in most FF whm had no offensive spells besides holy unless they were part summoner or part blm. but for an example rosa from ff4 pure whm no aero, stone, or water.
    Um, no. WHM has had Stone and Aero spells since early in the series.
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/W...I)#NES_version
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    Thal's Balls! These forums are hot enough to melt an ice goddess.

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90

The class system returning us to our roots? No. The job system, sure. And that's not to say I think the roots are some holy site anyways. If anything, the class system has the potential to make casters far more unique and further specialized according to the player's own needs and styles by allowing the mixing of schools. Though that may take some modifications to how we gain abilities, hence "potential".

But at that point you might well see spell types making their obvious jumps into utility such as a WHM's light-type abilities being usable for blinds, or the elemental debilitation BLMs already have becoming more... intuitive.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinrya Geki
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
    Um, no. WHM has had Stone and Aero spells since early in the series.
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/W...I)#NES_version
    Someone's wiki is wrong. Says stone first appeared as spell in FF6. Which is among Strago's abilties as a blue mage.

And if we go by count, there are far more games where Blue Mage has Aero than white mage. Going by actual numbered games.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jinrya-Geki; 11-19-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2