Player
    Character
    Davy Jones
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 50

Who was he . . .

After watching our Epic ending I went back and looked at some pics from over the last two years. Seeing the ending, plus certain comments in game and our end has really made me question everything.

So my question to the community is, who do you think Louisoix was? Besides savior of our future, what part in the story do you think he plays? I ask for the following reasons:

1) He seemed to have a great deal of knowledge about Primals and how they came about.

2) His staff had the sign of Thaliak - The Scholar. For a while I thought he was Thaliak in the flesh, but now I dont know.

3) Then if you notice at the end of the battle when they are summoning the twelve to help reseal Bahamut, he sent a "nail" with a dragon head on it. Only the twelve could seal him so how did Louisoix do that?

4) When he sent us into the future, he flashed the Althyk - The Keeper sign, who is the god of time and space but how was he able to use that power?

5) Just before he was about to try and reseal Bahamut and Bahamut came down and swamped away the clouds, it was almost like they were talking to each other a brief moment. Like they knew each other from the 1st time he was sealed.

6) What if the "key" that landed was centered direct on top of Thaliak crystal? What would that mean? Thaliak crystal was underground and seemed to be the biggest of the 12 and was "tied" down but why?

** SIde note: The Admiral is a gangsta, why is she smiling as she is about to catch a mega-flare to the face @ 5:16.

Shared your thoughts and Ideas. I think through sharing info, we might be able to figure out what our hero story is to a point.
    (1)
    Last edited by Davy; 11-17-2012 at 04:40 AM.
    Welcome to The Locker!!

Player
    Character
    Psy Kotsu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Now that you mention it, it did have that "We meet again..." vibe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nine Sunz
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I'd like to believe that Lou was casting a spell that channels or invokes the power of the 12 when he was attempting to reseal Bahamut. I think if it were the 12 themselves there would be no question in my mind they'd spank Bahamut.

It did seem as if Bahamut knew Lou, or it might have been Bahamut sensed that Lou had the possible power to reseal him.

iirc Yoshi-P posted some background of Lou, he's one of the last or the last scholar knowledgeable of arcane things.

btw i was hoping to see someone make a meme like poster of Bahamut saying something like "you forgot about me? forget this $#@! MEGA FLARE"
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    All will be revealed in ARR, according to Yoshi-P. :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I just hope Louisoix survived the blast somehow. I hate to think that old elf is dead...

I did get the vibe that he and Bahamut knew each other too. He sent us into the future, so we know he has some understanding of time travel. Maybe he was at the original sealing of Bahamut and then traveled to the time Bahamut would need to be resealed. Sortta a keeper type thing.

I thought perhaps too he could be the avatar of one of the twelve but the nail appearing above him could have simply been appearing over the symbol underground since it seemed the rest appeared over thier own geographic locations.

Or, here is a kicker, perhaps the twelve were actually the keepers of lore Lou is the last of the last of. Humans transcending to divinity in the minds of the ppl much like the dragon kings did. Lou could easily be Thaliak himself, who is depicted as a reserved scholar with an ashen staff. I also believe he also stated he was the one who inscribed the symbols around Eorzea that we had to pray to. The twelve could be regular people who in the last cycle of death/rebirth were the heroes of that story who rose to become thought of as gods. The prayers to them throughout the past few millenia since Bahamut was sealed away could have given their souls enough aether to raise them to actual divine status.

Oh so many paths this story could take.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    He is the Living embodiment of Thaliak.

He will Probably be "Reborn" in ARR. Prolly as a Lalafel.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Louisoix is a member of Circle of Knowing and the leader of the party that come to eorzea to help out the issue that is happening with Eorzea.The Circle of Knowing hails from the city-state of Sharlayan in the northwestern Dravania region. They are marked by the Tattoo on their neck.Some believe the Archons either caused or rectified the Sixth Umbral Era 1500 years before the game.

Also if i remember right there city is very close to that of the ancient arag empire who made dalamud. So there you go there a lot of information but still not very clear on things there topic http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...9-CG-Midlander with more information on what happening in the current storyline.

The dev team said once lore guy return he would give the ok for him to post more information on what just happen.
    (1)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Llen Coram
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Also, Admiral Bloefhiswyn is not only gangsta, but also a boss. She saw that megaflare and thought, "psht, ain't no thing."
    (1)

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Louis is the original Summoner. ;p
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Blaise Lallaise
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    What we do know is that Louie was the leader of the Archons. I always thought of them as something akin to a prophet, who had direct contact with the twelve. We saw the others pray at the stones and invoke the power of the twelve, so that appears to support my theory. Louie sending us through time also seems to be an instance of an archon calling upon the power of the twelve. Perhaps they each have contact with one of the twelve, but I don't recall there being 12 archons running about.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast