Player
    Character
    Coyote Siegmund
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90

Fixed Camera in 2.0

Not sure if this has been discussed yet on the forums or not, but I and several of my friends are not too fond of the whole locked camera thing in 2.0. In case anyone doesn't know what I mean, basically as you rotate the camera, your character's facing direction rotates with it. Not only is this unrealistic but it's also inconvenient if you want to rotate the camera without changing the direction you're walking in (it's present in both of the alpha videos they released, so rewatch those if you haven't noticed). I'm hoping this is just an alpha thing but I thought I would make a post about it just in case, and to make sure I'm not the only one who has a problem with it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Grand Muse
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 71
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...809-27-2012%29
    Go to 1:29:00 near the end as you can see full camera 360 degree rotation standing still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3pjj...eature=related

Go to 4:53.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Coyote Siegmund
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Ah good eye. So I guess there's multiple ways of rotating the camera/multiple camera settings.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mjara Kigaomoi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I'd really like to see a free form camera so you can move it around like in 3D worlds such as SecondLife, so you can get that PERFECT angle and your character doesn't have to be in the middle of the screenshot. some people don't really like that, would help for group screenshots too.
    (1)
    <- The real reason Yoshi-P stressed watching all the cutscenes.

Matoya: And that should give you a notion of how sick and tired I was of those spineless wretches of the Forum. All talk and no trousers, that lot.

Player
    Character
    Teisha Linne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CSLionheart View Post
    Ah good eye. So I guess there's multiple ways of rotating the camera/multiple camera settings.
    There are, both rotating camera with your character and w/o it, so there's nothing for you to worry about.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tryst Wildkey
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 50
    Anyone notice that Lalafells now walk like Mei from Totoro?

I just got cuter! *does the Lalafell butt-wiggle dance*
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grand Muse
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystWildkey View Post
    Anyone notice that Lalafells now walk like Mei from Totoro?

I just got cuter! *does the Lalafell butt-wiggle dance*
    Yea lol.

Lalafell marches like a soldiers with their arms swinging back and forth lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maelina Sylfei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    I think it would nice to have the character try to look in the same direction as the camera when it's behind the character, and at the camera when it's in front, as an option when nothing is targetted; instead of only moving its head when something is targetted.
    It would help for many screenshots and also indicate to other players where to look. Head movements like that would help add more liveliness in parties and groups, as opposed to having characters stare in front of them all the time when they are not focused on a target -- especially noticeable while waiting for party members or whatever.

I think it would be one of those small detail that would add more impact to the game. ^^

------------------ Off topic
    ------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Totorixiii View Post
    Yea lol.

Lalafell marches like a soldiers with their arms swinging back and forth lol.

I don't like it, I don't like looking like a soldier... ;_;
    (simply not the image I have of my character)
    Oh well (hopefully we get some stances/walking options, haha).
    (0)
    Last edited by Nakiamiie; 11-23-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Added the off topic thing to make it clearer
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Aerenvel Evermor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Idk i gotta try it for myself, but as a tank this may be a blessing, we all know the lock issues in the game i hope this function becomes more adjustable.
    Curious as to addons know if they allow first one will be threat meter, dps, healing
    If they dont improve the lock system then hopefuly someone does with a addon.
    (0)