World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 64
    Class: Time Mage
    Job: Red Mage

Wouldn't that fit both arguments?
    (0)
    LOL cash shop! SE's way to tell their player how they appreciate them... pull the carrot and empty your pockets $$$
    And to those who support it: you are kicking yourselves. -- We just need to sit back and laugh at people with cash shop items.
    (Marvelous economics IQ test!)

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    I agree with Altena, the whole problem with that list is all those spells is all ready tuned to another job in the FF world. This job is crappy never understood why people like this class but that's my personal opinion.
    To be fair alot of the spells you listed as useless etc could be repurposed to be useful like warp could be a damage spell for example. I think if SE were to implement it, it would be quite likely that they would have to fill so many voids with completely new spells/repurposed spells that when they were finished you guys might not recognise the job that comes out at the other end. Now wether you guys would still like the job is up to each individual to decide...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Beatbox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    I agree with Altena, the whole problem with that list is all those spells is all ready tuned to another job in the FF world. This job is crappy never understood why people like this class but that's my personal opinion.
    I know, right? Unlike Red Mage, who has a plethora of unique spells that let them stand out above other mages!

Oh...they just have En-spells.

That's ok, who needs top tier Black Mage or White Mage spells, when you can have an ugly hat!

EDIT:
    Oh, and Refresh! The spell you all hated casting, yet was the thing that made you special! But...oh wait, Bard did that, but AoE! DARN!
    (2)
    Last edited by KiriA500; 11-16-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ryans Tardis
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 53
    You are Altena are being incredibly close minded. 8 jobs is a very small number for the amount of jobs in the history of Final Fantasy. We don't need more jobs for the game to function, but changing names/animations could drastically change someone's opinion of the game. More diversity is always a good thing, as long as it's balanced, even if there are some redundancies. They could easily add Time Mage and have it be a DD and Buffer/Debuffer with even a slight amount of imagination.

Haste could increase auto-attack speed in ARR without being game changing simply because TP is gained by a set amount over time. Yoshida said haste wouldn't be implemented a long time ago, things could change. Stop could be a stun, there were plenty of bosses in 1.0 that were susceptible and it could easily carry into ARR. Vanish could be an enmity reduction ability. Warp could be a jump back spell similar to what so many MMOs have these days. Syphon, Drain, Bleed, Disable, Gravity, Immobilize, all spells that have been/currently are in game, yes, and why can't they be on two jobs? Undo could just be an esuna type spell, not sure why you are "LOL" about it.

Time Mage could have Quarter and Demi be in their main rotation and Comet or Meteorite be on longer cooldowns. Btw, Meteor is the BLM limit break, not Meteorite. Quarter/Demi could do a set amount (increased by gear) of damage to any monster over 1xxxx HP, similar spell damage as thunder/thundara, and 25/50% to anything under. I think Black Hole could be a fun 15 minute. Then they could seperate themselves from BLM's role by doing things like Haste, Slow, Undo, Bleed, Stop and Disable.

To sum up, give us more damn jobs because 8 is a pathetic amount. Just because one job is similar to another doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented as long as it isn't copy/paste from their repertoire.
    (6)

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I don't know if you're new to the Final Fantasy franchise, because it seems you've never played FF5 or FF12 before, so your attempt at correcting my entire list is flawed. Not only that but you're making assumptions without any logic behind it.

We've got to be imaginative, and that will ultimately help FFXIV in the long run.
    Stop can be used to stop an enemy from using skills for a limited time. etc.

I don't know maybe this website will help you. I urge you to give it look.
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Mage
    (1)
    Last edited by Andrien; 11-16-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Player
    Character
    Inzoum Zimia
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Altena View Post
    Besides, a "Time Mage" is sort of a modified Red Mage in previous FF's (yes they do have their differences), so I can presumably speak for the community here but the majority of us would rather see Red Mage come much sooner then Time Mage.
    BURN THE H-HERETIC. B-B-BURN IT.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Usagi Yojimbo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrien View Post
    Time Mage dates back all the way to FFV, then in FFVIII as Ultimecia, FFXII, and Tactics. So, carefully implementing this classic will be great in my opinion.
    I agree with the above, here.

The thing is, this is a FF mmo so all jobs (FF lore) have a place within it. A lot of people love their RedMage, and it wouldn't be redundant, since Red Mage is a close range fighter (sword and shield) that has the ability to cast weaker wht and black mage spells and only up to (tier 3...while wht black get up to tier 5-6)

Red mage is not squishy like Wht, Blk or Time mage, and not tanky as a warrior either. It is not a 'jack of all trades' between all jobs (as someone stated earlier) just blk wht and warrior. The balance is already their.

Adding a Time mage to 2.0, with the skill set mentioned by the post above me, would not be redundant if a Redmage was also put into 2.0. See how different their skill set is:

TimeMage Ranged caster
    Reflect
    Gravity
    Float
    Reflect
    Slow 1,2...etc

Haste 1, 2...etc
    Stop
    Reflect
    Quick
    Undo
    Demi 1, 2...etc
    Meteor

Take the enfeeble & spells that define the Job:
    Red Mage Close melee fighter/caster
    Double cast,
    Barrier,
    Hp drain,
    Mp drain,

Barfire(all element),
    Phalanx,
    Elemental spikes,..etc
    Most if all of the fencer class skills) and you have your unique Red Mage Job.

Now if I can think of this, what do you think Yoshi & team would bring forth?
    (2)
    Last edited by Rustyhagun; 11-17-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mementus Veventus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyhagun View Post
    I agree with the above, here.

The thing is, this is a FF mmo so all jobs (FF lore) have a place within it. A lot of people love their RedMage, and it wouldn't be redundant, since Red Mage is a close range fighter (sword and shield) that has the ability to cast weaker wht and black mage spells and only up to (tier 3...while wht black get up to tier 5-6)

Red mage is not squishy like Wht, Blk or Time mage, and not tanky as a warrior either. It is not a 'jack of all trades' between all jobs (as someone stated earlier) just blk wht and warrior. The balance is already their.

Adding a Time mage to 2.0, with the skill set mentioned by the post above me, would not be redundant to having a redmage also with skills as separate as:
    TimeMage
    Reflect
    Gravity
    Float
    Reflect
    Slow 1,2...etc

Haste 1, 2...etc
    Stop
    Reflect
    Quick
    Undo
    Demi 1, 2...etc
    Meteor

Take the enfeeble & spells that define the Job:
    Red Mage
    Double cast,
    Barrier,
    Hp drain,
    Mp drain,

Barfire(all element),
    Phalanx,
    Elemental spikes,..etc
    Most if all of the fencer class skills)

and you have your unique Red Mage Job.

Now if I can think of this, what do you think Yoshi & team would bring forth?
    You could replace Meteor with Apocalypse or even 'Rapture'(in reference to XIV's Codename) =P
    (0)
    Last edited by Alaltus; 11-17-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Player
    Screw RDM i had enough of it in FF11 :P i want to experience totally new jobs first as i haven't played all FF titles i would love to see them in action.. ppl need to stop asking for FF11 jobs
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Usagi Yojimbo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaltus View Post
    You could replace Meteor with Apocalypse or even 'Rapture'(in reference to XIV's Codename) =P
    Don't matter to me.. I just want all the FF Jobs eventually in this game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rustyhagun; 11-17-2012 at 01:36 AM.
    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast