Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Montijin View Post
    This is getting silly, you people are seriously dreaming if you think RDM won't be one of the next 5 jobs in the game. If we EVER see time mage I'd be really surprised.
    Stop talking about RDM in a Time Mage thread , RDM had it's glory time already in FFXI one way or another...let other jobs have fun in the MMO world let Yoshi-P add jobs that weren't in FFXI and THEN he can add everything FFXI has
    (3)

Player
    Character
    En Digi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    They can't help it, they want our spell list or position in a party I can't figure it out yet.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Syran Roko
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Montijin View Post
    This is getting silly, you people are seriously dreaming if you think RDM won't be one of the next 5 jobs in the game. If we EVER see time mage I'd be really surprised.
    I guess I missed the part where this thread turned into a guessing game about whether or not Red Mage would be one of the next five jobs to be introduced into the game.
    I did, however, catch the part where you publicly announced your stupidity. Next time, try to stop yourself before you reply to a thread with the sole intent of stating that it's "getting silly".

You probably don't even realize there there are five jobs out there that are more worthy of being introduced into the game before Red Mage.

You, sir, are a sheep.
    But don't worry, there are plenty more like you out there that you can bond with.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Grand Muse
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 71
    Yoshi-P already stated during an interview that he would like to bring back classic jobs such as thf, sam, nin, drk, etc.

Since this is a Time Mage job, I support Time Mage.

People think as if Time Mage is nothing but a support job but it actually has damaging spells within it's light and dark spells.

Time Mage haste, slow/ga, reflect are extremely useful spells in a party. Especially reflect it's such a cool spell based on strategic purpose.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    En Digi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Thank you Totorixiii.

Time mage is a classic and iconic Final Fantasy job. It is distinct and highly strategic.

However since the main argument seems to stem from future RDM players and them wanting our spells or what not lemme just mention, even if SE gives RDM haste they'll give Time Mage job traits that beef up our haste as well as give us ga and aoe versions of spells. I think some of the problems come from RDM players not knowing what a real RDM is anymore and what makes it unique in Final Fantasy games (Dual Cast).

Anyhow in the future of FFXIV I plan on seeing all the traditional absent mages:
    Time Mage
    Red Mage
    Blue Mage

As well as more nontraditional jobs, Animist, Elementalist, Illusionist,

As well as other jobs like, Geomancer.

But yeah we can safely assume we'll be seeing jobs like Thief, Dark Knight, Ninja and Samurai in the near future but there still is a giant gap between melee and mages right now. Also for Dark Knight I hope they don't do what they did in 11 and give it low level black magic and instead focus on giving it abilities to use their HP to deal more damage as well as draining the enemies.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Stop talking about RDM in a Time Mage thread , RDM had it's glory time already in FFXI one way or another...let other jobs have fun in the MMO world let Yoshi-P add jobs that weren't in FFXI and THEN he can add everything FFXI has
    Being the refresh whore that could never melee despite being a hybrid does not = glory.

Anyway, what some seem to be missing is that Time Mage doesn't HAVE to be an exact copy of what it was in previous games. SMN is going to be implmented atop a DoT-based pet class. With that in mind, I could visualize Time Mage as a defensive-oriented mage that leans towards healing and defensive abilities. Using their power to undo wounds on their allies gradually (HoTs) rather than burst healing the way WHM does. Also helping their group mitigate damage by distorting space around them, and maybe redirecting the damage absorbed back at the enemy in some way.

Anyway, decided to have fun with photoshop. Alpha version for now until I figure out how to write a proper description.
    (3)
    Last edited by Duelle; 11-20-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Character
    Ryo Ruruzigo
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    Being the refresh whore that could never melee despite being a hybrid does not = glory.

Anyway, what some seem to be missing is that Time Mage doesn't HAVE to be an exact copy of what it was in previous games. SMN is going to be implmented atop a DoT-based pet class. With that in mind, I could visualize Time Mage as a defensive-oriented mage that leans towards healing and defensive abilities. Using their power to undo wounds on their allies gradually (HoTs) rather than burst healing the way WHM does. Also helping their group mitigate damage by distorting space around them, and maybe redirecting the damage absorbed back at the enemy in some way.

Anyway, decided to have fun with photoshop. Alpha version for now until I figure out how to write a proper description.
    i agree with you they could make Time mage alittle different, but i think this type of mage is great to get why? well is a class we havent seen, they could even make it sooo cool that people then gonna play it all the time who knows but i think the classes that we havent see is even better then classes that we played already in ff11
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Grand Muse
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 71
    I agree with End and Duelle.

Although Time Mage seems like a rare species of class, which makes it very unique to its approach toward how you play it.
    It's like one of those jobs that you can used to counter act an enemy during battle and at the same time enhanced your entire party defensively and offensively.

Also, due to how different jobs and battle mechanics are between FFXI and FFXIV, jobs can be modified in a way it's not always 100% like previous iteration.

If FFXIV still do well 10 years from now I wouldn't be surprise if there's a total of 15 class and 15 jobs assuming they keep the current armoury system.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post

He disagrees with you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzSsI_ej_ZY
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    "This" job should be sent beyond the reach of time. nuff sed

Have a happy Thanksgiving folks!
    (1)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast