Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Siren was already confirmed to be boss content, so it'd be quite odd if we had to fight our own Primal.
    seeing Alexander as ours makes sense.
    Remember, we did fight Alexander, so fighting our own primal wouldn't be so strange (Even if it did end up being Siren). The sylphs specifically say that the Primals darken hearts and bring destruction. If a primal other than our worshipped Twelve got involved with us, it'd make sense that we'd try to take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasia View Post
    We're devoted to The Twelve whereas Primals are beastmen-orientated.
    That's also stated by the Path; but just because we're devoted to The Twelve doesn't mean that something OTHER than The Twelve is what's giving us The Echo. Personally, I think that they've stated too many times that something other than our own gods might be getting involved giving us the Echo to discount it entirely just because we prefer The Twelve.

Then again - Yoshida-san's post sounds pretty specific, no? Retcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Doho View Post
    On the Alexander evidence, erh... other races use machines. Kobolds, Goblins?
    Good point! Edited.

I'd also like to bring into play that many of those who learn that we have The Echo, especially the Emprie, consider it extremely negative. It could very well be that this is because it deviates from The Twelve.
    (1)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 11-16-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Captain Subligar
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Perhaps it is like crusader or Knights of the Round... A multi being summon
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shougun View Post
    It's gamma.
    Twitter:@CaptainSubligar
    Proud Member of EAT (Eorzean Association of Turtles)
    Vitamin T is known for enhancing Subligar based powers...

Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I want some of whatever he's been smoking to make all this baseless speculation
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Majidah View Post
    I want some of whatever he's been smoking to make all this baseless speculation
    (17)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Right behind you with a Wiffle-Bat of Commonsense +3
    Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Siren was already confirmed to be boss content, so it'd be quite odd if we had to fight our own Primal. Odin is considered the 'grand' primal or something different in terms of primals as well as wandering boss content, which again would make it weird to fight our own Primal.

Alexander and Fenrir is possible, since in FFIX Alexander was basically the final summoning for protection but in FFXI he was to bring about Ragnarok (Divine Judgement) which Odin fought him since it would remove willing souls (killing everyone) to bind contracts with him (Odin.)

Since they're looking at XI in certain ways (just think about both Bahamuts for a second if played it) seeing Alexander as ours makes sense.
    Possibly related, but in the official write-up of the story thus far, Bahamut is referred to as an "Elder Primal", just as Odin is. o.O Food for thought - to what conclusions? I dunno, but I love these threads.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleheart View Post
    Possibly related, but in the official write-up of the story thus far, Bahamut is referred to as an "Elder Primal", just as Odin is. o.O Food for thought - to what conclusions? I dunno, but I love these threads.
    Ah yes, what/whoever our primal is, we should probably assume it pre-dates The Twelve. After all, if the 5 races are all worshiping The Twelve, that would kind of imply we all converted at some point. The question then would be, are there 5 forgotten primals, one for each race? Primals that we all abandoned? Or 1 primal that we all share (which would mean that we are all descended from a common ancestor... right?)? Wouldn't this common, ancient primal be something more all-encompassing? say....Eden?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    you need some orange juice bro?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aldebaron Phoenix
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    There's too much we don't know at this point.
    We also don't know how much of the original story will be relevant for ARR, however they did keep the main story writer from 1.0 in ARR so I'm expecting continuity.

I would be surprised if it's Siren, especially because we know she's boss content.

I think it's highly more likely to be Cait Sith. We know Cait Sith will be in ARR, and Atomos is in XIV similar to XI, and in XI Cait Sith was our guide through Time and Atomos (we still don't know how Atomos is involved in the 7th Umbral Era, it could be the same with Cait Sith)
    Cait Sith is also linked with Time, Loisoix teleports us through time, the echo is about going back in time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Akubikumo View Post
    Ah yes, what/whoever our primal is, we should probably assume it pre-dates The Twelve.
    This really doesn't make sense to me because The Twelve created Hydaelyn. One part I can specifically remember was Llymlaen created the oceans by loosing Leviathan into the world. After observing that Leviathan would eventually flood the land, he was sealed away in Seal Rock. This is Limsa Lominsa folklore though; I don't know if it's actually true.

So if anything, The Twelve created the Primals, going by the above.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alec Temet
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    This really doesn't make sense to me because The Twelve created Hydaelyn. One part I can specifically remember was Llymlaen created the oceans by loosing Leviathan into the world. After observing that Leviathan would eventually flood the land, he was sealed away in Seal Rock. This is Limsa Lominsa folklore though; I don't know if it's actually true.

So if anything, The Twelve created the Primals, going by the above.
    While I doubt it is the case, you have to remember, this is all belief in world; lore and mythology. It's entirely possible that what is taught about the 12 is a complete fabrication. That being said, in principle I agree with you, usually lore in Final Fantasy games is set in stone and taken at face value.

Cait Sith is an interesting theory, though I would feel like that was a cop out. Odin and Alexander both have some interesting potential as well. As for Odin being battle content, it would not be the first time in a Final Fantasy game where the characters found themselves used and pitted against their previous benefactors.
    (1)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast